Light, Head light or even & Flex or medium flex racket?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by squallyeo, May 14, 2007.

1. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    on another issue, i found a shop here in ipoh that sells fischer and pro ace rackets. but both racket are unfamiliar to me. anybody owns fischer racket?
    the proace racket are unknown to me too. the racket have numbers like 883 and 6XX something. but i cant seem to find any info on it. the pro ace racket mentioned in this forum are usually the well known ones like sweetspot, and thunderbolt but nothing on the ones i saw. are those rackets good? there's a sale for the pro ace racket, RM179.00 and they will give me another one for free. which makes it like RM90.00 per racket. but i am not sure if it is a rip off. and the fischer, magnetic tour 83, would cost me RM249.00. but those racket are rated as flexible. i already have two flexible rackets. thought i might want to try medium stiff racket. any advice appreciated.

2. morewood

morewood Regular Member

If you want light and flexible then Ashaway Ti130 should suit.

3. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

hey if your wrist isnt strong you will have to get a medium flex racquet make sure you dont get any stiff racquets becase the shuttle wont go and you can try the muscle power 33 if you want a better 1 amortech 300 and i sugest this racquet for you the brand is fisher the shafts are flexibel and that will help your smash too .

4. SystemicAnomaly

SystemicAnomaly Regular Member

pre-Occupied
    If you are sure that the balance is pretty much the same, then you can add the weighted tape to the shaft, close to balance point. Alternately, you can add some tape at (or near) the racket head & more tape at/near the handle so that the net result is a heavier racket with essentially the same balance.

Differences in string gauge, string type and string tension can sometimes make a significant difference in the playability of a frame. Even tho' the stringbed density may appear to be similar for 2 rackets, the racket with the thinner strings will actually be less dense even if the pattern (proximity or closeness of the strings) is identical.

Also, thinner strings will tend to make the stringbed feel noticably stiffer. I'm not sure but I believe that thinner strings will also tend to transfer less power to the shuttle.

If, as you say, the string type & tension is already different between the 2 rackets, then this can account for some/much of the difference in playability and power capability that you've experienced. Note that, if you take your favorite racket and alter the string type & tension significantly, you may come to the conclusion that you hate your (favorite) racket. Collateral factors such as these (& others) can influence the perception that we have of a particular racket.

======================================================

Wan't aware that Fischer made badminton rackets. They are an Austrian company that is highly respected for their skis and skiing equipment. More recently they've gotten in making tennis rackets & hockey equipment. Their tennis frames appear to be very popular with many of the European pros. (I believe that until 2 yrs ago many of their tennis frames were a collaboration with Gamma).

It's hard to say if Fischer badminton rackets currently have the same degree of excellence as their skis and tennis rackets. Perhaps they do. However with other manufacturers, we see that this is not always the case. It appears that Yonex put much more R&D and effort into badminton than tennis while Prince appears to favor tennis over their badminton line.

NE1 have any experience with Fischer badminton rackets?

5. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

i have

hey ive used fischer racquets they are real good

6. wakloo69

wakloo69 Regular Member

librarian
    Also u can look out for Carlton Powerflo 807 Wide - 85g, even balance,micro carbon iso head, Max string 28lbs, stiff (shaft more bigger than AS 29), black color.

7. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    cool. what interests me is the fact that it can be strung at high tension and stated so on the racket. so maybe you can claim damage if it broke when strung that high. yonex always states on their racket that the highest tension are around 22-23lbs only (for lower end rackets) and i'm thinking that is good to protect them against any damage at high tension claims. i know a lot of people strung yonex racket at high tension and had no problems with that. i was just wondering that if the racket can really hold those tension, why only recommend low tension. maybe you can elaborate on your fischer racket. like what other rackets you have and how it compares to your other rackets. how does it feel to you, is it more on power or on control? it is rated as flexible, does it feel flexible to you? how's your clears with the racket? you know, elaborate please.....:D

#27 azabaz_ipoh, May 24, 2007
    Last edited: May 24, 2007
  8. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

the reason yonex states that is beacause if there is a bad stringer he may not be able to string it at a high tension.you said the tension recomended for lower end racquets are 22-23 they arent even the nano speed 9000 has that recomemded tension.but if you see ur rackets which have sp which stands for made in japan they can be strung at a high tension i know this stringer he goes to all of the super series to string for the pros.he says that not many people dare to string the racket at a real high tension beacause while stringing the racquet will bend alot .and you can only find out the tension of a racket if you break it.any ways the fischer is a good racket you can bend the shaft too and it is great for smashing it is an all round racquet.

9. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    now i understand about the tension recommendation. on the fischer racket, since i am not a regular smasher, i am more interested in its control and clears ability. at what tension do you string it? :D thank you for the feedback.

10. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

its quite good when you wanna do clears and and it is ok if you wanna play a control game .but i dont use mine anymore ive changed me racquets to amortech 300 but i still have the fisher i string it at 28 pounds

11. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    thank you. i will take that into consideration. i am considering yonex 29 light, fischer magnetic 83 and pro ace. by the way, since you are not using the fischer anymore, are you thinking of selling it?

12. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

i thought about it but thats the racket i lend to my friends and stuff so im sorry its not for sale.btw i have a blue 1 its the 1 with the blue ring on top.

13. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    i am thinking of the orange one. looks good, i must say, those fischer rackets. eye candy. he he he he.