need help for racket recommendation thanks in advance

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by napster719, Sep 25, 2012.

1. napster719

napster719 New Member

civil engineer
    his sir/madam

iam a intermediate player. i play men's double and mix
    i play volleyball since i was 9 yrs old until my college i became am member of volleyball men in our university now im 30 and i do weightlifting for almost 3 years
    and now im playing badminton for almost 7 month. since i played volleyball i love to smash and drop shot i play backcourt.
    now im learning how to do jump smash.

now im planning to buy a racket i seen voltric 9 and nanoray 30 what racket should or anybody can recommend other type of racket that will suit my playing style.

thanks in advace

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

You mention the Voltric 9 (head heavy) and Nanoray 30 (head light) are CONTRASTING racquets, in this context, you may be better off with a EVEN BALANCED RACQUET .... or slight head -heavy ...

You did not mention any budget, so I will recommend what I think MAY BE BEST for you since you like smashing a lot ... look at Voltric 5 (or Voltric 7) or Bravesword 10 ....

Final decision, go and test them out ....

3. maxout

maxout Regular Member

As for the more expensive Voltrics like VT80 and VTZF or Li-Ning N2 Woods, please take note that these are VERY POWERFUL and head-heavy, super stiff racquets and not many people can "handle" them ... I tried them and I GAVE UP ... they may be SUPER WEAPONS but too super for me !! :crying:

I suggest that if you are looking at these racquets, to try and get a chance to test them first (maybe borrow from a friend) before spending the $$$$ ....

They will BOOST YOUR EGO TO THE MOON but can also decimate your game if you cannot handle them .... same goes for using 30lbs string tension !! :p

4. johnny8879

johnny8879 New Member

victor bravesword not bad, li ning N80, and N90/2 also good, my playing style is same as yours.

5. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

N2 Woods? And just to add on to your point, the high end VTZF and VT80 are ONLY powerful if you have the strength to wield it and cope with the insane head heaviness. I myself do great with the VT80 but the VTZF is far too head heavy for my liking. I agree with you with everything else. Better try something which suits your preferences before spending precious $$$ and don't go straight for high ends like VTZF, Arc 10 assuming they will boost your game when they might actually be detrimental to your game. As for your play style, I guess a slightly head heavy racket like low end AT or low end VT would do if you want to stick with Yonex. :)