APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Furthermore, do they have anything similar to VTFZ and VTZF2? Thanks again.

2. onemok

onemok Regular Member

I would like to sell new apacs tantrum 200 for rm250 and lethal 60 for rm275 with free apacs string made in japan, grip and apacs shirt. Can COD near bukit jalil, puchong, kinrara, serdang, sri petaling or KL area. Just contact me at 012-2225728 or wan260702@yahoo.com for inquiry The price is fixed as mentioned above. TQ

3. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Disappointed!!

4. onemok

onemok Regular Member

Why slayer 74?

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Ordered 3 Apacs Slayer 99 racquets. Hopefully it comes within the next 1-2 weeks. :D

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    care to explain slayer 74

7. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Posted 2 question and was hoping some advise but none came. So disappointed lor :)

8. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Question: How much quality control does APACS have on their high end (lethal, tantrum, slayers) rackets? When ordering APACS racket, do you need to worry much about getting a racket that is totally out of spec (weight, balance point, flex)? Is APACS fairly consistent in their production?

9. xgumbyx

xgumbyx Regular Member

I recently purchased 3 Apacs racquets from Ebay seller 925badmintonace. The transaction was smooth and I was able to upgrade my strings to Yonex strings for a small extra cost. I also chose to not have the raquets strung so I could have some more practice stringing myself. Since the seller didn't have to spend the time (or maybe pay to have the racquets strung) he upgraded me to faster shipping to Canada at no extra charge. He also offered combined shipping on the 3 racquets which was great. Overall a good buying experience.

As for the racquests themselves, I purchased a Edgesaber 10, Edgesaber Z-Slayer, and a Nano Fusion Speed 722. I did not measure weight or balance point before adding the provided grip so all weights and balance points are the stock grip plus either the extra apacs grip of a thin head overgrip.

Nano Fusion Speed 722
    Weight - On Shaft = 76-79g, Actual (with extra overwrap 5g) = (90g - 12g) 78g
    Balance Point - On Shaft = 285mm +/-5mm, Actual = 284mm
    Flex - 8-9 on Shaft, Personal feeling... very flexible

Edgesaber 10
    Weight - On Shaft = 85g +/-1g, Actual (with thin overwrap 5g) = (94g - 4g) 90g
    Balance Point - On Shaft = 285mm +/-3mm, Actual = 297mm
    Flex - 8-9 on Shaft, Personal feeling... lower end of medium flex

Edgesaber Z Slayer
    Weight - On Shaft = 84-86g, Actual (with thin overwrap 5g) = (91g - 4g) 87g
    Balance Point - On Shaft = 285mm +/-5mm, Actual = 294mm
    Flex - 8-9 on Shaft, Personal feeling... higher end of medium flex

I tried all 3 racquets the first day out and immediately liked the Edgesaber 10. It seemed to feel comfortable playing with both power and control but neither absolutely blew my mind. I strung it with Ashaway Flex 21 at 23/25, I think it would feel better with a "better" or perhaps thinner string.

I next tried the Nano Fusion Speed 722. My initial impression was damn, this thing is LIGHT! Unfortunately, I also had the immediate realization that I strung it too tight given that it is a 6u head light racquet. I strung it at 24/26 with Yonex BG-80 string. Initially I had next to no power with the racquet even struggling to get clears deep enough (normally not a problem with any other racquet). I would occasionally warm up and rally a bit with the 722 and now that I have become used to the lightness and perhaps the strings have settled in I absolutely love the racquet, it is my first choice now.

The last is the Edgesaber Z-Slayer. I strung it also at 23/25 with the Ashaway Flex 21 string. I don't seem to have much feel or power with this racquet however to be honest I have played more with the Edgesaber 10 and the Nano Fusion more because I like them better. Again I think the racquet could benefit from a better string.

Once I change strings in the Edgesaber racquets I plan on updating the thread.

10. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    HI Slayer74,
    i think you should try Lethal 70, it's an attacking racket but it's less heavy compare to VT900P. it's good for smashing.
    i think Apacs Brand do not have the any rackets similar to VTFZ. the Lethal 70 or Visible Hollow rackets are not as heavy as VTFZ.
    for VTZF2, you may try the new Virtouose performance which is pretty fast racket.

11. Slayer74

Slayer74 Regular Member

Thanks, will find out more!

12. Loben

Loben Regular Member

Hi All, here is my review on the FW300
    I just got myself an Apacs Feather Weight 300 few days ago and have 2 hrs game last night. I used have a Kason F9 but would like to have another racquet as my spare. As everyone know Kason F9 is a very flexy shaft and played by FuHaiFung. This racquet could deliver good back court clear and power smash.
    When I pick up the FW300, its about same weight as the F9 and little bit lighter then F9. I did weight F9 without string and hand grip in 85g but FW300 has about 75g, I did string the FW300 with BG66 ultimax in 24lb. After my 2 hrs game, one of the player told me my smash speed is faster then usual and the smash as good as the F9.
    After I compare both F9 and FW300, I could tell the F9 has more solid feeling when you hit the shuttles but FW300 could have little more feed back to the handle and not as solid feel then F9, It may because of the flexy shaft on the FW300 but I really won't feel hurt on my arm and elbow after the game.
    I would like to have another F9 to be my spare but since its discontinuous I found the FW300 will be close to F9 feeling racquet to replace the F9.
    As from the price lower then getting an expensive Li-Ning racquet , I would recommend this racquet to whose looking for a mid flex and easy handle racquet

Ben

13. manta

manta New Member

student
  14. talakuchi

talakuchi Regular Member

Hi all APACS fans, I believe you all are able to shine me some lights on my queries. So I shall thanks you all first. Thank you very much ^_^

Ok, I just wanna ask some question. Have you guys ever use APACS Foray 707 Accurate SG? How do you all find it? I can't find reviews on this racket on the internet.

If I want to buy APACS racket in Singapore, which shop should I go to get the best price?

Does the APACS office/showroom at Ang Moh Kio offer a better price?

15. baronlmw

baronlmw New Member

Student
    ?Guys need help on this. How about the performance of the APACS Nano 900 Power White? Suits for what type of player? Attacking?

16. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    Some members still debate SG or non SG code, actually this code only for marketing market purpose. For quality product all same without no different. Only have special condition like Lethal 70 belong to SG code because SG take this models as their flagship and they asking only for SG.

17. T.Nicholas

T.Nicholas New Member

Anyone has any experience with the apacs foray 900?? cant seem to get much info on this racket.

18. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Apacs makes so many rackets it's really hard to follow them all. Two places I go to that seem to have some organization are:

http://apacscanada.com/ and
    http://apacssportspk.com/

My recommendations for anyone new to APACS are the Tantrum 200/300 or the Lethal 50/60/70. Be careful for 3U or 4U designations as they don't always explicitly list it.

In particular, the Lethal 70 was one of the best rackets I've used. I kind of miss it ever since I sold it. Maybe I'll pick one up again after I sell my current Yonex and Victor rackets lol.

19. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Planning to buy an edgesaber 10 anyone recently still plays with this racquet? Any comments about it?

20. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    What's the warranty on Apacs racquets? 1 Month? 1 Year?