Li Ning Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ferrerkiko, Nov 6, 2009.

1. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

you can get lining strings from department stores now. SOGO sells AP62 for rm20 and N101 for rm18. you'll need to string it elsewhere tough.

bought my AP62 at pertama complex li-ning shop for rm30, i guess rm10 premium is stringing fee. they're opening an official li-ning shop in One Utama soon, but their sports world below jusco old wing sells some li-ning stuff

AP62 was pretty awesome, good feel and power. After 3 months or 60 hours playtime, tension was no longer there but I was suprised it lasted that long in the first place.

just cut my grey AP62 24 lbs for a red ZM62 24x26 for rm28, free stringing same stringer. was looking for a slightly stiffer string to compensate my medium flex shaft but similar feel.

2. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    hi... does anyone have any info on lining ap64 0.64mm string? i saw it at 1 shopand its price is rm27... it seems intresting and i try to surf the info but i couldnt find any... is it new model of string? anyone has tried it? any review?

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Not hear of it... Probably more durable than AP62, but slightly less repulsion than AP62. Shouldn't be a lot of difference, although the texture could be different though

4. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    oh ic... must be a new product by lining i guess... :) i've used lining's string before (ns101 & ap62) but this is the 1st time i found ap 64 in the market...

5. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

quickly buy it and be the first to review it :D

6. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i will... i bought the string already but still havent test it on court (rm27).. i will give a review on it once i try it ok :)

7. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i've tried this ap64 string... i've used it for 2 session of badminton games with tension of 28lbs... well, all that i can say is this string feels like yonex bg6 :) im not saying that this string is not good , but it's totally different than bg66 or bg66 um feeling... i think ns 101 is much better than ap64... i feel that the sound is not nice while hitting and i guess it gives less poer and repulsion... that's my opinion :)

8. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i tired to search in the internet for this ap64 lining string to get more info on it... but it's difficult to find its info... does anyone else have info on this string... would you mind to share it?:)

9. Azri Zaibi

Azri Zaibi New Member

Student
    this ap64 is totally best..but it durability is less..i only play 5 game with tension 26 and string gone..huhu it more thin than bg66..0.64mm! :)

10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I would say Li ning string is better than Yonex string .

Don't understand why people today 70% of them still stick to yonex.

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Honestly, even though I like Li Ning - the strings I've played with so far are not up to Yonex standard. They're less durable and not as rough, which means they're more expensive and offer less control (as the shuttle slips over the strings more). The repulsion is similar.
    Yonex just offers reliable, proven quality - and most shops tend to stick to proven brands if others don't offer a significantly bigger profit, so Li Ning strings are also less available.

12. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    well, i've changed my string back to yonex bg66...i just cant find the feeling of using ap64 string...maybe 1 day i will try ns101:)

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Mine felt nice when I first got it, but since then I've improved a lot and I don't like it anymore. The BG66, while pretty slick, has very nice repulsion and a very direct feeling, despite not feeling as hard as the BG80. The NS101 is even more slick, and feels a bit number than the BG66, and offers less repulsion. It's also less durable. I wouldn't mind playing it for free, but as it is, it's not as good and more expensive than the NBG98 and BG80 I'm using.

14. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    oh really? hmmm... well then, i will stick will bg 66 n bg 66 um for now... will wait for lining new string product in the future :)

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think their National Team equipment is pretty good, but all strings I've seen so far that are actually used by the NT are very thick.

If you like the BG66, I'd recommend the NBG98 - very strong repulsion, and more durable than the 66UM. Didn't like the 66UM when I tried it, felt too rubbery/soft, and I haven't tried it again with a higher tension - no sense buying a 200m reel when chances are I won't like it :D
    Anyhow, the 0.67 string was the best LN string I've tried - AP90, I think. Rougher and thus more controlled than the NS101 and AP62.

16. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    how much is ap90 at ur place? does it feel similar to NBG98 or bg66 or bg66UM?

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I got it from mybadmintonstore - I think 5US$ for the set. Felt a bit harder than those three, close to the ZM67 and BG80. Really too bad it didn't last long - but as there's no demand for LN strings around here I'll probably not order it for a while, as I need to stock up on BG80 and BG65 first. Past few weeks were busy^^

18. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

NS95 first impressions

I recently strung a AT700 with NS95 at 31.5lbs.

During the stringing, what I noticed about the string is that it has a very biting texture to the surface, even though in reality it is actually quite smooth to the touch and does not have the rope saw feel of BG80. However I find it harder to string NS95 compared to BG80 at 1lb higher, even though logic says that a stringbed with higher tension will be harder for a string to be pulled through during tensioning. Relatively speaking, stringing BG65 and BG80 at 32lbs are much easier on my fingers than NS95 at 31.5lbs. This could be the "nano-coating" as advertised on the string surface.

The ping frequency of the string bed sounds slightly higher pitched (about half a step) than both BG65 and BG75Ti strung at 33lbs on my other AT700. The NS95 also has a very lively feel to it which is quite interesting for a 0.70mm string.

I will have a play with the racquet and string first before updating with my observations.

19. Blitzzards

Pardon me as I have forgotten to mention that I only observed this right after stringing the racquet. After a while when the tension settles the 33 pounder retain their pitch while the NS95 at 31.5lbs dropped to about half a step in pitch less than the earlier.

20. Blitzzards

I recently just strung another pack of NS95 at 32.5lbs on a N90. On top of all that I have mentioned, one more thing that I felt during the stringing is the string twists quite easily and with the friction between the main and cross strings in the weave, one has to be careful not to overpull on the twist (instead of straightening it out) and break the outer coating (which is what I did on one occassion). I realise that on the package it is stated that the maximum recommended tension for the string is only 28lbs although that could be just for "the usual recreation player". IMHO it can definitely be strung up higher to probaby 38lbs before a hard smash will cause it to snap (the same goes to BG80 at 38lbs, ZM70 and BG65 at 41lbs). The feel of the string bed right after tie off is stiff with a lively ping.

On the second day, I rechecked for the ping frequency and noticed that it has dropped to 32lbs overall. Testing the string on court in a singles game, I felt that the NS95 gives me this very interesting character which almost tells me how a hybrid string combining the BG80 and BG65 (both strung at 32lbs also) would feel like. There is enough slack in the string bed, reminiscent of the BG65 which gives me a nice feedback of the shuttle and allows me good control of where I want to hit the shuttle to, and has very good grip on slice and net shots. Even at 32lbs, the string bed does not feel totally stiff although on touch shots, the feel is light and sharp, similar to BG80. The string bed is actually quite repulsive, and on first impression it is similar to BG80's and probably even more repulsive like BG80 Power although I have yet tried the later. What I do realise is that compared to BG65 at 32lbs, I do not have to use as much strength to play with NS95 and it allows me to conserve relatively more energy on smashes and clears.

In conclusion, I find that the NS95 is one of the best strings that I have recently tried. I like the character of the string and the kind of performance that it gives. If it does have durability nearing or surpassing BG65, I may consider switching permenantly to it from my current arsenel of seperately strung BG80 and BG65.