Joachim Persson

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by yannie, May 10, 2006.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

\

[video=youtube;MkdK4xRG7Ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkdK4xRG7Ck&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

2. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

Anybody knows what kind of knee injury Joachim suffered exactly? Although his talent always shines through, it seems as if he still can't play really pain free.

3. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    he is not the most talented player i've seen...he moves around with difficulty...not sure if its injury or not...

4. Ton-Min-Bad

^It must be. It looks way too awkward sometimes.

Of course he is not the most talented mover, but still a few years ago his all around skills seem to be very promising IMO (Number 6 in the world!).

#64 Ton-Min-Bad, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  5. Ton-Min-Bad

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Glad to see badminton ever so popular in Denmark and the crowd so enthusiastic and supportive. Danish badminton is in good hands since the time of the great Morten Frost (or earlier?),then the great Peter Gade and will continue to be bright into the future. Oh, I should mention the ladies too, Camilla Martin and Tine Baun.:)

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    yes but then it's like he just lost the momentum...since then he lost to numerous very very low ranked players...even today...of course everyone first noticed him when he beat Kuan Beng Hong in the Thomas Cup semis when Malaysia and Denmark tied 2-2...he brought Denmark into the final

8. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    http://www.badzine.net/features/the-million-kroner-bet/27078/

The Million Kroner bet, with the world championships recently concluded it looks like Michael Kjeldsen's money was safe.
    Was a nice idea, shame injury affected JPs progression. Would have been good to see him still up there with his peers HKV and Jan Jorgensen

9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

#69 demolidor, Apr 23, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Sundis likes this.
  10. Toastie

Toastie Regular Member

11. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

This might be what you're looking for: https://corporate.bwfbadminton.com/integrity/hearing-panel-decisions/

12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

The punishment is very meagre. " Rule Violation: Four violations – Code of Conduct in Relations to Betting, Wagering and Irregular Match Results (2012, 2016, 2017)".
    What he got is very very little while Zulfikkli zulfaldi got banned for life.
    What a biased rule?
    Persson should be banned for life if he did bet for 3 years. Zulfikkli did it for 2 years. And got banned for life.
    First, BWF head post should be given to other countries , Denmark should be kept outside. See, such a biased judgement.
    I even recall him seeing in PBL in one of coach's bench . Unfortunate for sports and badminton. Shame

Sundis likes this.
  13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there seems to be much more solid evidence against ZZ than JP.

JP just refused to give banking records and refused to admit that his betting are illegal.

can compare the two cases here:

https://corporate.bwfbadminton.com/integrity/hearing-panel-decisions/

so if you ever get caught, just refused to give bank record citing "intimate and personal life" reasons. :D

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    JP provided betting records to the panel. he also disclosed "approach" by someone to fix a game, but he claim he didn't comply.

the charges against him is for failure to report the approach and failure to provide information to the panel.

he did refuse to produce his banking records.

they have all his betting records. those records are not part of the report. we just have to assume the panel didn't find any records that would indicate misconduct.

====

for the case of ZZ, there are very specific violations, down to which matches he fixed. those are much more clear and direct evidence that games has been fixed.

====

Given those charges, it is reasonable to ban ZZ for life, while JP for 18 months.

either JP was innocent of game fixing, or he is just better at hiding the evidence. we will never know.

Justin L likes this.
  15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It is widely known on the circuit who the "fixer" is despite it not being published. Obviously, I cannot post his name in this thread for legal reasons, but they are no longer active on the international scene. They played at a high level around the world but their lifestyle on social media always seemed a little too good given their results...

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Zulfadli and Persson are in two different situations. Firstly, ZZ was betting on matches he was directly involved with, JP never did this. Secondly, betting within badminton was actually completely fine until late 2015 I think, providing you were not playing in the same tournament, you could bet on as many matches as you like. The evidence was very conclusive against ZZ whereas with JP it is a lot more shaky.

17. Dangho

Dangho Regular Member

If this alleged fixer is so widely known, wouldn't it be easy for BWF to find out who it is and take action against him?

18. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    conducting a full scale investigation, and sting, isn't free. bwf doesn't have the $ to spare.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

The person quit playing badminton internationally before they were exposed. I would assume that the investigation into them is still ongoing but with them no longer competing or match fixing it is probably less of a priority for BWF than catching current players. There have been other players who have been given the option to step away from the sport instead of being outed by BWF.

20. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

In either way, i find it very unusual in the way these players were treated. I am not saying that what ZZ did was right but the media exposing him and shaming him in front of everybody were too much to me when seeing the way they handled JP's case. I do think there could be some involvement from his countrymen who are in BWF. After reading the punishments , i was pissed to see the disparity. Mind you, i am not even from Malaysia.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk