Brave Sword 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jayssen, Oct 24, 2009.

1. flite

flite Regular Member

Improved/new version of BS10 & 11?

I sent my newly purchased BS10 for stringing today in my friend's shop and noticed a few changes in the specification compared to those he has in the shop.

Beside the cosmetic difference and all that I listed on the above post, there are a few "major" changes to this new batch of Braveswords:

1.) Overall length is now 675mm instead of the previous 672mm. Now its length is the same as BS08 and 09.
    2.) Frame width is not as slim and aerodynamic as previous batches but still slightly slimmer compared to BS08 and 09. The frame width of the latest Bravesword is in between the size of the previous batches and BS08 and 09.
    3.) When in full swing, the "swoosh" sound generated by the aerodynamic frame is not as sharp and clear compared to the previous version but still better compared to BS08 and 09.

I discussed the matter with my friend and ring up a distributor to get a clearer picture of it and from what they said, this could be an improved/new version of BS10 & 11. It could be that after a year of launching the first batch of BS10 & 11 and also from the feedback of its players, Victor decided to do some tweaking here and there for their best seller.

Anyway could someone else share more informations on this. Also some pictures to share...

Attached Files:

2. cycilver

cycilver Regular Member

Student
    i hope they make the paint stronger XD

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Where'd you get that example from? Not to be rude, but it's not a copy is it? Looks real but it seems strange that it just has SWORD written on it.

I only have a TW coded version which is not as stiff as the other codes, and I'm keen to get an example that's stiffer.

4. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

What the hell? Never thought they will redesign BS10....

to Flite;

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get your BS10?

5. flite

flite Regular Member

This is a genuine unit LOL. I got it straight from a licensed Victor distributor. As I stated above this is actually the new version of BS10&11 for year 2011 onwards. Some countries (especially Asia) will receive the 1st batch of the latest version first and the others later in the year.

I got the clarification from them already as I was quite amused at the beginning too.

Also it has nothing to do with the country code and stiffness rating. Indeed it has 2 different shaft ratings for the previous version of BS10&11.

I got it from a Victor regional distributor who is a baddy mate of mine. He often travel within S.E.A.

#165 flite, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Did they only changed the cosmetics? I'm hoping the paint is stronger. Mine is peeling of at the cap.

7. Koooko

Koooko Regular Member

Bankers
    I bought the new version not too long ago, the (swoosh) sound really like missing out. But still, everything is still the same. Smash is efforttless, drop, clear. I just love it.^^

8. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

where from? im trying to track one down myself... hehehe.

9. Koooko

Koooko Regular Member

Bankers
    I bought it in Malaysia.Free victor shirt, string, grip and bag for MYR 500.^^

10. Alom

Alom Regular Member

3U / 4U refers to weight! Your getting confused with 'G'. Which is for grip size.

11. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I finally found new replacement for my NS9900, it's called BS10. Absolutely happy with it's performance. I will write a proper review soon.

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

VICTOR Brave Sword 10 - review

First of all, thank you to ants for providing the review template.

I think i need not to provide any intro for this Victor racket. Instead I should provide an intro about myself (the player). I started playing badminton at the age of 8 (although taken time on and off since then) I played mostly doubles, and we enjoy fast attacking play both at the back and at the net. And therefore I always wanted a fast and stiff racket, and up to last night I have never come across anything better than NS9900. Perhaps many of you know already know that Im a die hard NS9900 user as i always said in this forum that NS9900 is the best racket ever hahaha, i do love every bit of it.
    I injured myself about 2 month ago (the doctor said it was tennis elbow), since then I rested for 2 weeks and I dare not to hit as hard as I would previously (as Im still feeling pain on my elbow)

Anyway, I was become aware that Victor has come to Sydney, and to cut the story short I get the BS10 among many others (which will bring my total collection to 30 plus). Honestly I don’t know much about this racket before, not even this thread. All I know is people giving short comment about this racket, that’s about it.

Name: Victor Brave Sword 10
    Specs: 4U/G2
    Shaft stiffness: Extra Stiff
    Balance point: Balance/Head Light
    Strings: Victor VS-850
    Tension: 26lbs
    Grip: RKEP

Paint work and design:
    The things that strike me with BS10 were the metallic paint and sharp pointy edges of the frame as well as the waving section inside the frame. Please forgive me if these info are all too common for Victor regular users, as a new Victor user that were the things that set BS10 apart from other non-Victor rackets. IMO the inside wave will give extra strength to the racket (hence it can handle higher tension) the same way an arc window would do to the building structure.

Warm up:
    I had a bit of hard time adjusting to the timing and the feel of this racket. But when 2 mins warm up ended, i know straight away that this racket is really2 good. I have absolutely no complaint about every aspects of this racket.
    But at this point I was still in denial that nothing beats my NS9900. I only thought that this BS10 is only as good as NS9900. I did not believe that there is any lighter and stiffer and more dynamic racket out there.

Game play:
    As i mention previously, i was injured and playing at perhaps 70% of my max power. One thing that i notice straight away, BS10 was faster than NS9900. Maybe its because of 2 things, the NS9900 that i use was 3U and this BS10 was 4U, another thing would be the frame design which BS10 has. That sword like edges cuts through the air effortlessly.
    Naturally, the next thing I was eager to know is the power department. For a start there are 2 disadvantages, me being injured and the racket strung 2 lbs below my normal tension. But to my excitement I was hitting harder than ever and the angle/accuracy of the smash was amazing, it really surprised me. I know that in a way, me being weaker and the tension being lower help in one way. Therefore, I ignored my injury and started hitting 100% as hard as I can. The next thing I know, the strings starting to shift all over (none of the middle main strings were straight LOL) and I could feel that the string telling me “You’re hitting too hard!!” LOL. At that stage, I could not hit the bird any faster/harder, its just simply not possible at that tension. And I know 2 things from that: 1. BS10 is more powerful than NS9900 and 2. If I strung this BS10 at 28 lbs (at my normal tension) it will be even more powerful.
    All I can say now is that I have found a new wife and its the best racket ever made!!
    And that leaves me wanting even more to try the rest of the Victor rackets.

Im not sure where the fibe coming from about BS10 being an evenly balanced racket. This racket IMO is a balanced toward head light racket suitable for attack minded doubles player.

Racket ratings out of 10:

Feel: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Power: 10/10
    Defense: 9.5/10
    Looks and finish: 8/10
    Value for Money: 10/10

13. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    It is indeed a sublime racket. Fastest most precise racket I've ever used.

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Of course it's better than the NS9900. That's why I sold my 9900, yet still have a BS10 in my bag! :D

Be warned though, the holographic bits on the head will start to flake off any day now.

Someone suggested that they make the BS10 with a woven head and Filament wound shaft, and you know, I reckon Victor would be on a winner if they made a BS like that.

Or they could just make a medium-stiff MX80 :)

#174 Maklike Tier, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im feel so lucky to find this racket LOL. But not enough for me to sell my NS9900 (have 2 of them), after all its still my 2nd best racket that accompanied me to many journeys hahaha....

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

ATM I want to give BS11 and BS12 a go, what do you guys think of them? Any better than BS10?

17. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I like my new BS12 better than my BS11 or BS10. The BS10 is very much like the Armortec Tour - Medium shaft, slight head-heaviness, whereas the BS12 is just a less stiff version of the BS10 as far as I can ascertain, yet has a nicer feel for me somehow.

My 10 and 11 have similar BP's (BP293/295), but the 11 carries more weight in the head, whereas the 10 it feels more evenly distributed.

The 12 however is more headlight (BP288) but seems to carry more of that weight in the yoke and shaft, which sounds weird but I like it.

You might like the 12, certainly worth a go. I don't find it any less directionally stable than the 10, and as you've discovered, more importantly I don't have any shoulder or elbow issues wielding it.

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thanks for that Maklike Tier, I will certainly give BS12 a go. Especially the part that its more head lighter than BS10. How about the stiffness? It will be a monster if BS12 is stiffer than BS10.

19. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    BS12 is actually a medium stiff rated racket. Compared to the BS10's stiff but not very stiff rating.

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Nah man, it's not stiffer than the 10 - my 10 is TW coded while I understand other codes are stiffer.

TW = oo•Oooo

Others = o•oOooo

If you want stiffer than the BS10, you need to find a KR coded version or something, or try the MX80 or SP21 or 22.