Will Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong do better without Rexy Mainaky?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Sep 3, 2011.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, the main question is if 'How to do that......................!?' :D :D

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I have great respect for Rexy Mainaky's method of coaching Mens Doubles

I have great respect for Rexy Mainaky's method of coaching Mens Doubles.

I won't be surprised if Rexy Mainaky can soon bring out another MAS Mens Doubles pair better than KKK/TBH. ;););)

3. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    I prefer cheat soon kit to take over!Goodbye rexy...Talk Chinese better than bahasa or english

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

The last time I heard was Cheah Soon Kit left BAM to join KLRC. Is he still coaching at KLRC?

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    as if kkk can understand chinese well

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

As if kkk can understand chinese well

IMHO, it's better for Rexy to talk to KKK/TBH in Bahasa when playing against all other nations (but not against INA players). :D:D:D

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

so, how many languages/dialects a typical Malaysian understand?
    many of my Malaysian Chinese friends fluent in Malay, English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Hakka.
    compare to most of my English friends that are OK in English!

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

A typical Malaysian can understand at least a minimum of 3 languages/dialects

I would guess that: A typical Malaysian can understand at least a minimum of 3 languages/dialects.

9. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, at least 3...........

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Rexy kept mentioning the other trainer from Australia in one of his recent interview. Maybe that was one of the issue, let's see what he's got to say after Sep 9 :eek: :D

11. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

Another coach, whoever he is got to be stricter and able to inject more hunger to their game..the issue here is the players themselves..their attitude and commitment to winning major championships/tournament..if they need a tip, go speak with LCW, a role model.

12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I know how Rexy felt after being "left-out" with KKK/TBH's decision. Most professional coaches faces this
    sooner or later. It is like parting ways with your kids. There is a lot of emotion involved. Its hard to be a
    professional at times. If the kids thinks what is best for them. Let them go. No point forcing on them.

Rexy have lots more to offer to the backup doubles players. If he can groom KKK/TBH to a higher standard
    I'm pretty sure he can groom the young one.

Pang also faces this predicament before. He was handling TBH/HTH well until Rexy comes along. During
    my conversation with Pang many years back about TBH/KKK. Pang was not really happy because things
    were doing well. But then the management has already hired Rexy, Pang have to let them go and play a
    secondary role. He understand this is what coaches have to face.

Even if its not a professional body, even a professional players do fire their coaches from Tennis to Golf.

Its just part of life. Im sure Pang will do will handling KKK/TBH. But for how long? Im not sure. Whatever it is, if it is good for the players and will bring home the Gold. By all means go ahead. Pang and Rexy can
    play roles in developing the players. It is just that now Rexy will have to give feedback to Pang and play a secondary man if ever Pang takes charge.

13. hanser

hanser Regular Member

mgr
    since you've mentioned, a little off topic, but maybe a partner change bodes well, this pairing with Hoon Thien How shows they are also a worthy consideration as they beat Jung JS / Lee YD in their sudirman cup matchup. no small feat for a paring that hasn't played together for years, and the coach was Rexy. So my answer to this thread is no, nothing Pang has that Rexy doesn't already. unless we get a shock tomorrow and its someone else...
    [h=1][/h]

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I suspect Rexy could be happier coaching without KKK/TBH under him

I suspect Rexy could be happier coaching without KKK/TBH under him. Why? Because we could see quite often how frustrated Rexy felt at court-side when watching them play.

I believe that Rexy would tell KKK/TBH to attack, attack and attack. But somehow KKK/TBH always revert to defend, defend and defend. :(:(:(

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]Badminton: The future should be BAM's only priority[/h] K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nst.com.my
    2011/09/08

THE BA of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee (CTC) will be finalising several issues today and the decisions must be aimed at lifting the future of Malaysian badminton and not just offering stop-gap measures.
    Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong's request to train under Pang Cheh Chang looks certain to be granted but the CTC's role should not end there as the top pair should be told in no uncertain terms that this is their last chance in order to strike gold at next year's London Olympics.

While it is acceptable that players are allowed to voice their choice of coach, BAM has been too lenient -- to the extent of allowing Kien Keat to miss training for several days with the player offering lame excuses.

The CTC must warn both players that such actions will not be tolerated.

If Kien Keat believes missing training is the best way of letting his intentions known, it is the CTC's responsibility to educate the player.

Even if national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky is not suitable to coach Kien Keat-Boon Heong any longer, an official decision has to be made.

The players, no matter who they are, shouldn't take the law into their own hands as there are rules to be followed.

It was unforgivable that Rexy was not informed of Kien Keat's absence and even BAM, which is believed to have known the situation much earlier, didn't make an effort to inform the coach.

The CTC is expected to retain Rexy but the coach must be given specific targets to achieve until his contract expires in 2013, and not just be given a couple of pairs to work without any clear goals.

There is a possibility Rexy may be asked to take control of the women's doubles, a position to be vacated by Cheh Chang, but the CTC must first ensure that the Indonesian can be effective in training them.

The CTC should also consider utilising Rexy to guide junior pairs who will graduate to the national senior ranks after the World Junior Championships in November but whatever the decision, it must be target orientated.

The position of the high performance director is another issue which has not been finalised and there is a possibility that an official appointment could be delayed until December.

Datuk James Selvaraj's one-year stint ended last week but he is likely to continue until the end of the year.

If the CTC wants to give Selvaraj a longer run, he should be considered until the Olympics as it is pointless appointing a new candidate in January.
    http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/jpjiwjkllw/Article/art_print

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Foreign Talent coaches not good enough for MAS.

Local coaches are better, hahaha.

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I like your statement Loh.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong would be placed under Tan Kim Her

BAM honorary secretary Ng Chin Chai said Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong would be placed under Tan Kim Her, who now had been appointed chief coach for the mens doubles team.

Source: http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsindex.php?id=612306

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    BAM should just send KKK/TBH to train with the WD since they wanna train under Pang The WD coach!

After all, Pang is making progress with Woon/Vivian... not good to stop 1/2 way

also a good way to build up KKK/TBH confidence as they can win all their training matches

#40 SibugiChai, Sep 8, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2011