Yonex Arcsaber 7 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    It's medium stiff, according to the specs, and as someone already said so before.

2. oasis1

oasis1 Regular Member

3. YinLoung

YinLoung Regular Member

I've used this racket for the past month and I pretty much like it.

Durability - This thing is a rock...unless you heavily collide with other's racket or on the floor, it won't chip as easily as the NS series. I've collided quite a few time and I was a small chip...measuring about 2mmx2mm...and that was caused when I did a drive and hit my partner's racket along the way.

Control - Believe it or not but doing clears and drop is amazingly easy. Unlike when I used At900T, clears and drops seems effortless. Maybe it's just me but it's a lot more eaiser to me comparing when I was using at900t.

Defence - I don't know...I'm a def player and I like it...it's light but not as much as at900t...just enough to move around freely yet gives a good feeling when driving it back...

Power - Maybe it's just me but I'm having a good time with the smashes. I'm actualyl doing betyter smashes with this one than my At900T...

Considering that this racket is a def racket...I'm gonig to wait for the next ArcSaber to come out. I liked the 1st one a lot and I plan on collecting them. Gonna buy another arcsaber ( canada coded ) tonight or tomorrow and string both the arc saber with bg68ti.

#323 YinLoung, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    As the placements in the chart usually are pretty strange and subjective, it is pretty quite impossible to "guess" where the marketing guy at YY will place it in the chart, your guess is a as good as anybody elses :)

/twobeer

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I will say placement on the chart looks better after twobeer.:D
    Sorry, just need to have some fun on this.
    Just put the Arc7 in between NS8000 and NS7000 and you got your location.

6. DrummerBoyGreg

DrummerBoyGreg New Member

For YinLoung:
    Where do you buy your Yonex racquets in Canada? I'm having a tough time finding a dealer with decent prices.

For silentheart:
    You mentioned that to get a good price, you just need to know where to buy and who to ask. So, where do you recommend buying from? Also, do you have any Arc7's left?

7. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    If you want rackets in Canada, try mjstrings and maxsports. They are located in Toronto. Maxsports is currently having a sale on some of their rackets so i think you should check it out. www.maxports.ca is their website and www.mjstrings.ca

8. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    I second what Benny said, I've bought from both of them before, great guys.

9. DrummerBoyGreg

DrummerBoyGreg New Member

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll check those places out.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Drummer,
    It depends where you are as well from SH's statement as we have both researched our connections. I'm happy about my JP rackets for what I got them for.

11. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

my translation of article from yonex korea. enjoy

included is the original document for those who can read and understand korean. :rolleyes:

안녕하세요 김동문입니다.

렐리포인트제가 도입되면서 배드민턴이 스피드화의 흐름을 불러일으키고 있습니다.
    이 러한 렐리포인트제에 적응하기 위해서는 파워와 컨트롤 두 가지 모두를 겸비해야 합니다. 작은 실수 하나하나가 포인트로 직결되는 현 렐리포인트제 방식을 인지하는 동시에, 본인에게 가장 적합한 라켓을 선정하는 것 역시 경기력에 적지 않은 영향을 미치게 될 것입니다.

이러한 흐름에 발맞춘 ARCSABER-7을 소개합니다.
    그동안 많은 라켓을 사용해봤지만 일반적으로 라켓 프레임이 두꺼우면 파워는 뛰어나지만 컨트롤은 떨어지는 느낌을 받았습니다. 반대로 프레임이 얇으면 컨트롤은 뛰어나지만 파워는 떨어지는 느낌이었습니다.
    그 러나 이번에 출시된 ARCSABER-7은 NANO SPEED와 ARMORTEC 시리즈를 마치 접목 시킨 듯, 파워와 컨트롤! 모두를 겸비한 듯한 느낌을 주는 라켓으로, 선수생활을 하는 동안 TI-10라켓을 사용하면서 느꼈던 라켓의 섬세함과 꼭 회초리를 들고 휘두르는 민첩함을 느끼게 해줍니다.
    또한 마치 화살을 당겨 뿌려지는 듯한 느낌으로 다른 라켓에서는 느끼지 못했던 체공감이 길어서 순간적인 변화를 줄일 수 있고 순간파워가 더 실리는 느낌이 드는 라켓입니다.

이 라켓을 많은 분들께 추천하고자 합니다.

Hello this is KDM

Since the introduction of rally point in badminton, it is starting the trend of faster game. In such games it is important to possess both the power and control. In the rally point system, in which every single small mistake leads to points, selection of racquet that fits one[FONT=&quot]’[/FONT]s needs the most will have great influence on the game.

Therefore such circumstances, ARSABER -7 is introduced.
    For a while I have used may racquets, but usually I felt that when the frames became thick the power was noticeable but there was feeling that the control decreased. On the other hand, if the frame was thin, the control was amazing but the power dropped.

But the newly released ARCSABER- 7 felt as if it was combination of NANO SPEED and ARMORTEC, a great racquet providing feel of both power and control, giving me the feeling of fine control and whip like agility just like TI [FONT=&quot]–[/FONT]10 I used during my athlete career.
    Also just like firing of the arrow, unlike other racquets, the staying in the air (less air resistance?) is greater therefore can decrease sudden changes but at the same time giving the feeling of increased power.

I want to recommend this racquet to many people.

// end translation :p

if someone would just find me translating job part time .... (need money for uni :crying:)

hope this contributed somewhat to the lovely community

12. silentheart

I want to add a minor report on ARC7. I tested 2 strings on the racquet. #1 was BG85 at 22.5X25 lb. #2 is secret string @ 21X23lb. Both strung by myself. I would like to say, ARC7 with BG85 @ 22.5X25lb is great on everything except power is not ask good as NS8k, NS9k-s, AT900s, AT700. For the lower tension string, it really suffered. This is the few time I will go against the evil empire's recommended tension and tell buyer this. If you buy a ARC7. I will recommend you to tension it with BG85 or BG80 with tension @ 22.5X25 lb or higher. Also, ARC7 is fine to take tension at 27 lb or lower.

13. nsync

nsync Regular Member

silent,is this a good racket for smash..?from most of the review here, it clearly show that arc saber good in controlling ....how about smash..??

14. silentheart

Smash have to be on the spot. It is good but weaker than the other. However, smashing direction and angle is better. I feel that is more important than brute force alone.

15. nsync

nsync Regular Member

Okie...seem like you like this racket alot ... :cool:

16. silentheart

Not really. I think this is the luckiest racquet I have used so far. If I have a choice of racquet from my bag, here is my selection from first to 5th.
    1) Cab30ms
    2) NS8K
    3) NS9K-x
    4) ARC7
    5) AT700

17. nsync

nsync Regular Member

:D pro...so many racket... :D:D

18. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    yes.
    ask him about tennis rackets too........:D:D:D

Raajneesht likes this.
  19. sumbadder

sumbadder Regular Member

from what everybody is saying, it seems that the Arc7 is a less powerful version of the NS8000/9000. Is that a pretty fair assessment? Does it provide any advantages at all over these two rackets then?

20. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I tried it the other week....

It's not a "less powerfull version" at all imho...it's an entirely different racket...
    To me it felt a bit even balanced, very flexible, but also surprisingly solid....
    I'm not very fond of rackets that flexible, but I have to say it didn't feel that bad ;)

I think the arc7 is more stable and more forgiving than both the ns8k and ns9k (out of which the ns9S is the closest)