Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Actually, over the last 12 months, Lin Dan has participated in more tournaments (13 tournaments up to today, as I post), as compared to LCW's 11 and PG's 10.

Source: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

2. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

thanks for that, so what's that laziness all about?

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Just informing BCers that over the last 12 months, LCW and PG have been more selective, as compared to LD.

I don't think it has anything to do with laziness. :):):)

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    If minus those walkovers they are more or less equal :D

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I said "somewhat lazy" to refer to his new style of play, not working hard enough, not very committed, especially not in his usual (former) attacking mode, almost expecting to win on sheer respect and being dangerously stretched and hammered (under attack/counter-attack by his opponents), eg his last two matches with Peter Gade in the 1st set where he was leading yet was caught up and even lost the deuce, the other one is his match against Simon Santoso when Lin Dan was 20-15 up, yet lost it 22-20, not to mention his loss to Sho Sasaki in the SG Open. Contrast this with Lee C W's demolition job of almost all opposition by his guns-blazing sharp lightning smashes in high pace, without letting-up as if scoffing his opponents for not being able to withstand his onslaught - amazingly, that's how Lin Dan used to win the the past.

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Talking about walkovers (CHN to CHN players)

When talking about walkovers (CHN to CHN players), most BCers/spectatotors believe that match-fixing was involved.

BWF have commented on this;

http://bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=52091

BWF to protect interests of players and spectators with new measures

Monday, August 15, 2011 - From Badminton World Federation

As concerns have been raised about the legitimacy of certain withdrawals in recent tournaments, it warrants the Badminton World Federation (BWF) as the governing body of the sport to put in place firm measures that will serve to protect both our players and Member Associations from speculation in relation to withdrawals and matches between players from the same country.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Also if Lin Dan is more serious and hardworking, he should come up with some "secret weapons" reserved for Lee CW, seeing how much his archrival has improved over the years by seeing him win match after match, only losing to Lin Dan once in the beginning of the year in a hard-fought three setter and then decisively beating him in the All-England in March.

More frightening is the way Lee trounced his opponents that ought to send a clear signal to Lin Dan, witnessed the world championship match where Lin Dan won by a whisker; that's why Lee CW confidently says he still has a chance to beat Lin and vowed to do so in London 2012 and the 2013 WCH, in effect announcing that he has change his mind about retiring after the Olympics. Let's admit it, Lee now is a different player and posed a real threat to Lin, much as I worship Lin Dan.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

While we are always talking about Lin Dan and Lee CW, it's my personal opinion that Peter Gade himself is also an excellent attacking player and a good role model. If not for Lin and Lee, as well as Peter's age, he would have been number one. Imagine being in the circuit for about 15 years already, he is still consistently ranked in the top 5, outperforming Taufik Hidayat and other short-lived stars who come and go, such as Chen Hong.

What longevity, total dedication, self-discipline, fighting spirit, self-motivation is Peter Gade - I should call him " Mr Evergreen": someone that Lin Dan is humble enough to say he looks up to and wish to emulate. Let's hope Lin Dan is not just paying lip service.

You may have read that Peter himself considers Lin Dan The Greatest, adding that as long as Lin is around,the rest has no chance to outshine him. Taufik Hidayat, after losing to Lin Dan in the Asian Games last year in a one-sided match, in a similar vein said that the way Lin Dan played he should dominate the badminton world all the way to the 2012 London Olympics.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i meant only the Final Rd. of those majors..*i know those stats already, that's why i skipped/ignored them..:cool:
    ..it's pretty much well known to most of the BCers and baddy followers that LD is just pacing himself for next yr's OG (afterall, he's won literally every single majors, what else will he play for other than $$$?)..that's pretty much his goal, along with defending CHN's team titles..
    So, what you'll see from LD from post-2008 OG/2009/last yr & now on til next yr's OG will be pretty much the norm; certainly don't expect anything close to his 2008 OG or pre-2008 OG form..:cool:

#2489 ctjcad, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Who will be the 3 top players in the world at the end of 2011?

Undoubtedly LCW and LD are our current 2 best players in the world. As I type, PG is the No.3 (BWF Ranking). TH is still there, as No.5.

Source: http://bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=14955

I wouldn't be surprised that at the end of this year (2011), the 3 top players in the world could be;

No.1 LCW
    No.2 LD
    No.3 TH

#2490 chris-ccc, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I will bet 10 Satay that TH will not be #3 at the end of the year, too many sloppy results recently. I agree with the other two.:)

(limsy this is your fault that I am betting with Satay:p)

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

BWF World Ranking at the end of this year (2011)

Don't think we need to bet, but to check for the last BWF World Ranking at the end of this year (2011).

The end of the year is not that far away.

So I think that TH could be placed No.3; Where do you think TH could be positioned?

13. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    Is there Satay in Taiwan? I never seen it :p

I agree with u, I highly doubt TH will rise to 3rd place.. my bet is another chinese player for the 3rd place.. Chen Jin maybe? seeing as he won a medal in WC2011..

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

It does not really matter if TH ranks 3rd or not, cos he wont win OG for sure. TH is history just like any other legends in the past.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Ouch!!
    15charrrrrrrrrr

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im deeply sorry to say that cobalt, I like him to win as much as you do. But I guess I must face reality, TH need lots and lots of spank!!

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

TH will rise to 3rd place?

So you think that Chen Jin is playing better than TH this year (2011). :):):)

At this 2011 WC, I was expecting a CJ-vs-TH match at the Quarter-Finals; but TH did not make it there, although CJ did.

I am a firm believer of players' form based on the BWF Ranking. Currently (based on the ranking released on 18-Aug-2011), CJ is ranked No.6 (one below TH, at No.5). Chen Long is at No.4 (one above TH).

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-the-2012-OG?p=1741523&viewfull=1#post1741523

Here is my guess - At the end of 2011, we could find the following at the BWF Ranking;

1. LCW
    2. LD
    3. TH
    4. CL
    5. CJ

Let's come back to check this guess at the end of this year. :):):)

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think Chen Long should be number 3 very soon. His shock defeat by Kevin Cordon will wake him up, should teach him a valuable unforgettable lesson, thereby helping him to mature and strengthen his resolve. Also his last match against Lee CW was closer than expected.

20. 57.Christ

57.Christ Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. if he stays in his form now, I think he'll find himself still in 5th.. :)

*IMO, I'm hoping for someone who come from Japan or Vietnam to be in the Top-5 in the near future actually.. :)