My introduction..

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Smichz, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    U mean WangFuJing??Well..u could take a subway to xizhimen then transfer to wudaokou.Hehe..no wonder it's so expensive for u to play badminton.U took taxi everytime.Taxi in beijing is not very expensive,compared to the other countries,but the locals tends to take bus or subway more.That way u can save more.I know these might not be a good option for foreigners,including me..since the bus n subway is always crowded.N during summer,it smells..:D:D

All i had was just 2 months of courses..what's useful for me was the footstep lessons n how to grip.I got power to do full court clear,but i can't even smash.Simply said,i was sucks back then..So,i trained my self by playing more rapidly n by watching matches videos.I've learned my smashes,backhand,positioning,fakes,stunts..all by myself,by those self-training program.I'm a bit luckier,since i got more free time to play to different places in guilin,n they're all cheap to rent.I used this opportunity to play with different kinds of good players,to train my self for my next visit to indo.I wanna beat my dad's friends.Haha..:D:D

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

That's what i was referring to..

..sure hope you can start your own badminton-related venture, one day, but i was referring more to the above post's badminton-related "business"..:p;)

3. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Oh..u mean that "business".LOL..thx so much for ur support then.I also hope that we,members of BC can gather n play badminton together someday.How about kwun organizing an annual BC championship?

4. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Where you would suggest :confused:

5. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

As to the subway and bus in Beijing, because I was bringing family, it would cost the same as taxi. And also time was important, if I had more time we played 4 hours instead of three, and kids played pool table most of the time. We had to grab other ppl to play doubles with us.

As for training in badminton, I heard that a lot of time it’s about stamina and repeated actions. Since you’re young and athletic, you may not have problem with the sustaining power. If you have time, training every day would be the best. Now I see you have raised the bar after defeating your dad to include his friends. Are you talking about singles or doubles?

6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

No..i haven't beat his friends yet.I beat my dad at singles before..but that's just few times.Nothing compared how many times he'd beaten me before.So,all i wish is that i can beat him most of the time when i play with him in the future.I'm more into doubles.I got more knowledge in that,about where to place the bird n stuff.So does my dad's friends,they're all play doubles.So,i guess i'm more eager to win doubles against them.Last time,i earned a lil respect from them,n i want to earn more next time.:)

7. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hopefully,different venue each year.That way more ppl/members across the globe can participate.:)

8. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Well, that's a different story now. Since doubles depends on two players, it's not you alone can do the job. If you had played with your partner for a long time and cooperate well, it will win your matches. So I'm not surprised you lost to them since you were just visiting home compared to them on home tuff :rolleyes:

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Yup..too bad that i haven't really found someone to form a solid team,to improve together.I got some partners,different ppl in different places,depends on which day i play,which place.Good thing is that they're all about the same level as me.Since i don't really go to a formal club as probably some of u guys do,that makes it hard for me to find specific partner to form a solid team with.

So,how bout u,birdwood?How's ur badminton life?How long have u actually played badminton?What's ur current level?What's ur game?:)

10. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

My badminton life is none compared to yours, at a recreational level only for doubles. The boring answers have been posted some other places. Are you going to OG 08? I'm not sure I'll make it to Beijing this August with a lot ppl heading that way. It should be easier for you though.

11. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

I don't know yet.First,i was thinking that things r getting way more expensive by then for sure.Accomodation,plane ticket,etc.The ticket?How much is it anyway?Well,i still have some friends in beijing.Prob i can stay at their place if i go.Watching from TV,from different angles r not that bad as well though..with the zoom,n replays.:D:D

12. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Well..i guess that depends on how far u're taking this sport as.I bet badminton in US is getting more popular n finding mates for u to play with isn't as hard as before.U can simply contact ppl in this forum that lives near ur place to play together with.But me,no one here lives in guilin.:(:eek:

13. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

Then your shuttlecock so lonely.:D:D:D

14. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hehe..not really.I got one own-modified mini shuttlecock hanged on my bedroom door.:D

15. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

You'r right, maybe it's better watching TV instead. But they may not show a lot of baddy on TV. Tickets would be another problem. When I was in Beijing, ppl had to have money in their bank accounts in order to participate for the lottery to buy tickets.

I have a lot ppl to play with, just not always the same ones. Getting more ppl to play and helping to organize is more of importance to me than the games.

16. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

He sleeps with the racket, while shuttlecock sleeps with his girlfriend :cool:

17. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hehe..this is the first time i heard that organizing more ppl to play is more important than the game?R u a club manager or something?:D

18. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Hehe..shuttlecocks sleep in my bag,with my other rackets..:D

19. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

No, we are all volunteering our time for the sports we love. Think if no one is interested to play, where would we be then? Besides, I bring whole family to play and want my kids to be good at baddy :p

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

It's nice to have ur whole family to play with u.In my family,only the boys love to play.The rest..not really.Hehehe..u wanna make ur kids to become the next LD then.Well,i'll wait for ur kids news then!=)