Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    It was my bad, a keyboard mistake and now a new debate is born XD

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I disagree with thegirl thing, but BCL plays a patient, building game, only going for kill shots when he is 95% certain of the point (which has similarities with WS game). I have often thought if BCL had the confidence to go for the half chances he could have been so much better.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

What i saw in youtube so far do not show me any great deal of potential from WZM, slow foot work and average game reader (althought he can smash well)

All time CHN MS greats are YY ZJH and now LD, are all left hander so if history repeats it self it wont be WZM next :)

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I agree on the potential part. WZM has not shown anything extra. However, based on what I saw in Delhi, he is of better material than Chen Jin/Chen Long combo. He still has time to push further.

On the lefthander part, the older generation Chinese of before 90s era were practically all right handers. No doubt, the lefthander will have more advantages unless the shuttlecock makers move the overlap between feathers from the right side to the left side (as seen with the base down and feathers up).

5. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Then, WZM isn't the next super king...
    Maybe the future first at china ranking MS, with Chen Long..

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    tian hou wei is left hander:D
    so
    i think he is the right candidate:D

7. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

limsy is hard selling THW.:D:p

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

He has been trying to do that all these years -- "Be aggressive, taking half chances" is kind of the credo of LYB. IMHO this is not an appropriate style for BCL. Once you take half chances, your body needs to be able to respond faster -- it's a half chance only so your opponent may be able to retrieve your shot or even does a good counter-attack. BCL is not fast enough for that. As a consequence of trying to do that, he has been suffering severe injuries since as early as 2003. :cool:

9. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think BCL is very quick & his coordination/footwork is superb. For me it is his confidence. You can see it more clearly in the later stages of matches, simple put aways will be hit wide or hit much softer than they should have been.

I love BCL, his footwork, placement, strokes. He is the best of current MS to watch IMO, but it is frustrating that he can't finish the important shots off.

10. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I would say confidence comes from winning. If your shots are consistently less effective than what you expect, your confidence evaporates. For example, LD couldn't muster full confidence when facing TH during the two years after 05WC. BCL has been trying to be fast and aggressive, but his body does not fit that style very well, and he does not win consistently. No wonder he lacks confidence.

Actually BCL did quite OK against everyone else except LD and LCW. He is not quick enough to take half chances when facing these two superb defencers.

We see the same lack of confidence from SDK. If you think BCL makes horrible mistakes some time, you should watch SDK. Some of his mistakes are just unimaginable. :D

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    confidence, or lack of, is just a subjective term use to sum up something that the author can't put forward any specific. It is proper term to use by game commentator as they dont have the time to go into detail on tv but to say 'lack of confidence' in detailed discussion medium of bf, the writer must be lacking 'self confidence' as well lol.

when i say bcl plays like a girl, he employ girlie tactic, not because his smashing speed or his foot work. As jamesd20 had noted, i also see bcl's shots & footwork as technically superb. Problem is, bcl has poor choice of shots in closing a rally. When he gets his opponent out of position, he rarely buries his opponent for the kill but choose a drop or a clear, allowing his opponent to recover to finish him off like a smash. This girlie tactic in MS of course would lead anybody to a less confidence state of mind, not just bcl.

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

edit...................

13. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    SDK, another one of my favourites. I felt at one point he had the ability to beat LD, but his inconsistency told at crucial times. Nice player to watch though (apart from the errors!). Final comment form me on this (it is supposed to be WJM thread)

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

The only thing I can say is, please watch BCL vs LD in this AE. See how BCL can finish his opponents when he can move as fast as he wants. When you do a hard smash, your body needs more time to recover balance. Therefore you need to carefully judge whether you will be able to get the possible return. IMHO, BCL should be a bit more "girlie" while at the same time a bit more "foxy". Speed and power is not his forte -- but badminton is not just speed and power.

It seems you lack the ability to appreciate styles besides LD's. :D

#114 ye333, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

let me reverse your claim.
    Go watch bcl versus kenichi tago of 2010 AE, watch how bcl lost to tago.

i've already wrote a parody of bcl, maybe u missed all my previous poking fun of bcl. It is silly to extract details of badminton essense from a chinese vs chinese match if u have not caught on yet already lol:rolleyes::p

since my previous post concurs with jamesd20's observation, is it that he also can't appreciate styles except LD's too?

#115 cooler, Apr 30, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

According to SDK, he has difficulty beating LD mainly because the latter has almost infinite stamina. I partly agree.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

what do u expect SDK to say? ' i lost to LD because my skills aren't as good as LD? i'm not as quick as LD? I'm not consistent as LD?' lol

tell u the truth, if and when i lose playing singles, i would say the same thing too, 'i lost because u r more fit than me':D:p

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    this turnout to be a mixed thread
    how unfortunate is wzm

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

don't worry, once wzm become the next MS king, he'll get his own thread or 2 for sure;)

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh:eek:
    u mean this is not his own thread?:confused: