Peter GADE

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Calvin789

Calvin789 Regular Member

-
    The VT80 is suitable for PHG's style of play...

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Peter Gade to retire after 2012 London Olympics

Peter Gade to retire after 2012 London Olympics

English.news.cn 2011-05-29 09:04:10

Full story: http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/sports/2011-05/29/c_13899354.htm

QINGDAO, May 28 (Xinhua) -- World number five Peter Gade from Denmark said here on Saturday that he will retire after the 2012 London Olympic Games.

Gade made the remarks after beatng Simon Santoso of Indonesia in the semifinal of the Sudirman Cup with 2-0.

"I feel tired today because I played all three matches to win counterpart from Chinese Taipei yesterday evening, but I managed to win on my experiences," the 35-year-old Gade said.

Gade won all four men's singles matches for Denmark.

"With one more point, we will meet China at the final in Sunday evening and it is a game I have dreamed of," Gade said. "And I will do my best to compete with Lin Dan at his home field."

"This is sure to be the last time that I play on the court of the Sudirman Cup, and I will retire after the 2012 London Olympics," he said.

Gade said he would like to become a professional badminton coach after the retirement and to take care of his family, especially his two daughters.

"I really missed my daughters these days and I am always wondering what they are doing at home." he said.

Starting to learn badminton when he was six, Peter Gade was ranked as world number one from 1998 to 2001 and won five European champions.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Gade won all four men's singles matches for Denmark

After PG won all his four men's singles matches for Denmark (before his 5th match against Lin Dan) and announced his retirement, I am sure he was all out to win his last Sudirman match. Unfortunately, LD's form was just too strong.

#63 chris-ccc, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
  4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This is one guy who is so totally committed to giving his best every time he steps on court, and even away. IMO the only other with the same work ethic is LCW. A lot of players in the top-25 can learn attitude and commitment from him.

5. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    PHG could have played better against LD if he had not been ticked off so many times by the umpire for very small matters and then handed the yellow card. This affected his play in the 2nd game. I must admit that LD could still have won without the distraction but the attitude of the umpire was not fair to PHG. PHG is a real gentleman on court but there is a limit to human tolerance of unfairness.
    :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

6. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    The umpire should have gone easy on peter

who knows if Denmark won and next sudirman cup

in European country ? :D

He will get to eat more bakery and sausages

and have beer all day long as drinking water ;)

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Indeed, felt really bad for PG the umpire was too harsh

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Why Peter Gade is still a force to reckon with

I just wanted to share this beautiful article that I came upon. You can read the full article by an ex national champ, at this link:

http://www.firstpost.com/blogs/why-peter-gade-is-still-a-force-to-reckon-with-18036.html

Here is an excerpt:

"He should be known as Peter Great. His official website states that some like him for his looks, some for his character, some for his style of play. But one thing is for sure: Peter Gade is definitely a role model for his fans or fellow players and the large majority of people around the world of badminton."

9. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    There is no doubt that PHG is a role model on and off the badminton courts. :D:D:D

10. policecop

policecop Regular Member

Another SS final for Gade. There's no doubt he's the best of the rest behind LD and LCW, still very consistent and would be winning superseries regularly if not for LCW.

11. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Yes, I salute his competitiveness,

such consistency is hard to find :)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

All the best to this guy against LCW 2moro:)

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 Indonesia Open SS Premier Finals: The Lee Chong Wei-vs-Peter Gade match

Yes, All the best to Peter tomorrow, Sunday 26-Jun-2011, at the Indonesia Open SS Premier Finals.

Peter Gade might be older and slower, but he is still more experienced than Lee Chong Wei. And because of this, Lee Chong Wei must show respect to Peter and play without being careless.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    LCW never takes Peter Gade lightly. Anyone does so at their peril! :D
    Peter is such an awesome competitive spirit!
    I think all of us BCers should put up a thread to vote for Peter to not retire unless he is really really injured.
    And then send the results of that thread to him.

15. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    i found out that peter gade's game has change a bit since the india super series 2011.. i think he played more aggressive than before and much faster pace... and i think vt80 racket that he use also helps him to hit some great hard shoots and smashes... :) i salutes him for being able to play fast game eventhough he's already 35 years old :)

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Correction. He's not 35. That is everybody's imagination. I can say with authority that he is only 26 years old. That's a fact unless anyone can disprove it.

Consider why he has no business to talk about retirement, (IMO :D):

He's still in the top 5 ranking. Since the last 20 years. Or is it 25? 35? I've lost count, really...
    He's still faster on the court than 98% of the other players he meets.
    He's still more lethal with his drops and smashes than 98% of the players he meets.
    He's probably just below Lin Dan in fast hands, and mid-court interceptions. (BCL used to be there too, but BCL is at war with his inner self.)
    He's more handsome than 98% of the other players (a lot of who look the same to me at least) according to the latest scientific study conducted by BWF
    He just beat Taufik at the Indonesia Open (sacrilege!!) which meant he had to play against Taufik and 7,000 other guys, and their mouths! And he won!
    He can still walk, can't he?
    He's married, he's got 2 kids, a car, a house. What else does he have to accomplish? No more excuses, now. Just play badminton!

17. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    Birth namePeter Høeg Gade Date of birth December 14, 1976 fact is still a fact bro :p ...LOL... but he's still the among the best singles player nowadays... and true, he has a 26 year old energy and determination on court :)... that's why i still admire him... along with lee chong wei, lin dan & taufik hidayat... hehe

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Denmakr's Veteran Shuttler

Full story: http://blogs.bettor.com/Peter-Hoeg-Gade-Denmarks-veteran-shuttler-Badminton-news-a78579

A more informative version can be found at:
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/06/27/gade-a-sportsman-and-court.html

Some excerpts:

The 34-year-old Peter Gade, who is the former World Number One, has always been enjoying a spot in the top ten shuttlers, since 1999. Gade is the most celebrated shuttler in Europe, who is known for his untiring hard work and dedication towards the game. He is the only shuttler who is in the top ten players even in his thirties. Last year, he achieved second position in the world rankings by playing tremendous badminton.

...While talking about the technical and tactical aspects of the game, Gade said, “At some point, you learn how to deal with the pressure. You learn that if you’re going to beat the best guys around, like Taufik [Hidayat] and Lin Dan, you have to be in the right state of mind.”

...Gade pointed out that although technically skillful, many in the current crop of young shuttlers, especially from Indonesia, easily crumbled when under pressure.

“It takes too little to bring them out of their state [of mind]. They are a bit shaky when things go against them. In the men’s singles, you will have things going against you as it is a tough discipline. It will never be easy. During a game, there will be ups and downs, you will have to fight,” he said.

Gade also highlighted the larger financial support urgently needed to successfully develop badminton. “Denmark’s [badminton development] budget hasn’t changed in 15 years, while China’s is 10 times larger, maybe more. China, Malaysia and Korea bring a lot of money [to the game].”

#78 cobalt, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I don't know if that is actually his birth name but in the past he used to go by Peter Gade Christensen ...
    It's only a fact if you've got his birth certificate :p

Oh yeah just remembered his wife's name is Høeg ...

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Peter comments on his match vs. LCW: