Swiss Open 2008: LCW lost to himself !

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2008' started by xymaerts, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, good one. Let me try one caption of mine.
    hmmm, let see.....*scratch head*

LCW: So what's your secret?
    LD: Oh? you like the smell?
    LCW: No lah, I mean I'm soaking wet and you look so dry...
    LD: Ahh, Secret is my secret. I borrowed it from XXF. They say it's strong enough for the guys. :D

Attached Files:

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Dont think LCW is scared while facing LD, just that his brains cant seem to work properly in crucial situations. Wrong strategy in the 1st game, although nice try in the 2nd, but still stumble in crucial situations.

3. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I alway think that LCW is not up to LD level yet. But many of us like or want to belief otherwise. This gives pressure to LCW and disappointment for all fans.
    LCW, Chen Jin, Bao, Taufik are one level or half or slightly lower than LD currently.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes, I like to see action from the administration if someone does not follow this rule since Kwun thinks it is well said. Often, I have to defend our own players and coaches from BC'ers who do it out of bias to spite other nationalities - why do I have to do that if the administration is not taking action. And retaliation becomes inevitable.

5. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Can you explain a bit what strategy did LCW use in the 1st set and why is it wrong? Thanks!

6. xXazn_romeoXx

xXazn_romeoXx Regular Member

North American Technical Director for Oliver Sport
    OMG their shirts are soooo cool ahaha, makes me wonder about the possibilities of the new yonex line lol...but i think LCW was asking more about why LD's shots were more in than his ;)

LCW: IF only i hit inside more! IF only i was thinking better! IF only i was you! But...
    LD: But What?
    LCW: Chicken Butt :D
    LD: Why?
    LCW: Chicken Thigh :p

but seriously, i think LD's training regiment is showing great results, LCW must learn to cope with his judgements and start to train mentally...at this level, no professional should have mental lapses such as these, BUT, we're all human, so there's no real reason we should delve deeper into that...i just think LCW should train even harder and move on...every match with LD is more experience that he can use to beat him with ;)

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

On this point, LCW actually improved since he went back to be under Misbun. He ended his title drought under Misbun & analyists (including ex pro baddy players) said Misbun cool & calm personality suited LCW better .
    It doesnt discount LM's good points, LCW got to learn China's ways of training under LM.

8. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Let me make my point clearer.

LCW was indeed "not himself" when playing CJ (you can listen to Morten Frost's commentation, he said LCW is just like 60% compared to when he played TH; Also Jamesd20 has a great analysis of LCW's problem). But my point is, if CJ did not forget about his bad head to head and did not choose to simply fight without thinking too much about winning, he would never be able to take advantage of this fact.

In KJ's case, because KJ lacked confidence from the very start, he was even unable to force LD to show his true form. Same goes with Sairul. I think he had the chance to force LD to hit the "turbo" button, but he collapsed too early and simply gave the game to LD.

#68 ye333, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

As ye333 already posted on the LD thingy. Xymaerts, the thread starter, is not making excuses or defending LCW, Xymaerts is disappointed that LCW played badly.

As for making excuses, in the Msian scene even if the reason given is "the opponent played better today" it would be seen as an excuse i.e. mentally weak, yada, yada, yada.
    Basically, any tame losses to LD is not acceptable, any loss to lower ranked players is also not acceptable("How can you lose to lower ranked players?"). Since LCW is WR#2, that's from No 3 downwards. And these kind of stuff is featured in the major newspapers.

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    I first read this thread yesterday night, but was too tired to respond to it.

I think bananakid is being childish and his usual stubborn self.

What is wrong with finding out what went wrong? Us, as badminton fans will naturally want to know why LCW fell tamely to LD. Since many of us didn't watch the game, we want to know why. This is not giving excuse to him. This is what we didn't expect, so we want to know whether LD was superb, LCW was injured, LCW was below his form etc etc. Whats wrong with that?

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

maybe it's true, maybe it's not. The key question is, why do these top pros like lcw and kj are still nagged by 'lack of confidence' syndrome? I think this 'lack of confidence' comment or excuse is just a catch all phrase. These are not kiddies, they are seasoned pros. To bring up they 'lack of confidence' reason now is either naive or it's a dim outlook for them. Maybe they will reach self confidence when... LD retires.

#71 cooler, Mar 16, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Be a sport and take that loss

Dear Malaysians,

Our LCW lost, period. He was clearly beaten by a more superior LD last night.
    No excuses please.

13. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Sometimes, it is good to fail after a few successes. Such failure will result self review and enlightenment, thereby progressing further...

Thanks.

14. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Because LD is a better player, as simple as that.

Same thing happened to LD. When I watch 05-06 LD vs. TH matches, in particular those after 05 WC (even after LD won WC06), I sense that LD was not fully confident. LD became fully confident only after WC07.

Li Lingwei once said (in the context that Susi was dominating WS), maybe she should continue play for a few more years (to prevent this situation). Do you think it's purely an excuse? I don't think so. There is some truth in it. Li Lingwei's retirement leaves a vacuum in world WS and Susi rose up to fill it, should Li Lingwei continue to play for a few years, Susi may not have enough time to build full confidence before a new generation of Chinese WS arrived.

For LCW, unfortunately even if LD get married after OG08, it's not likely that he will (like TH) stop training. So indeed it's not clear how LCW can overcome this confidence problem. :cool:

15. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I think a postmortem of any match is fine, as long as it doesn't sound too ridiculous

16. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

Again we are not finding excuses..In fact each wining or losing there must be a reason behind! LCW is now on par with LD... The wining factor is base on the on court performance(tactic,less error,pressure handling etc..)..I could not agree that LD is still better then LCW.. But if you say LD play better in that match.. I would agree..

Or we twist the question to what is the REASON/wining factor for LD in this match? The answer will be from the so call "excuses" from LCW...

17. sjoe

sjoe Regular Member

Engineer
    I don't think I agree with you that LCW is on par with LD.
    In my opinion:
    - Physically LD is fitter (may be not by much).
    - His attack is still more superior for setting him up to win point.
    - His placement is more accurate/ less unforced errors.
    - Mentally stronger/more confident.

18. SiuMcFung

SiuMcFung Regular Member

it seems like ur trying to convince URSELF that LCW is on par with LD...i like them both...but imo LD is still a notch ahead of LCW...head to head.. and a country mile when it comes to winning titles :eek:

19. yetack17

yetack17 Regular Member

i like chong wei..........but i cant denied that Lin Dan is much stronger than chong wei..........

20. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

That is what u though.. i can only agree on your last point...As i had said many many times, who can handle this well. He is the champ!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.