BAM news

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Mar 17, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm
    u mean i should open a thread for klba?or the BGM?

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Yes but only about KLBA and a suitable thread title could be "KL Badminton Association" and not "BGM" as a stand-alone title. Under this you can talk about anything under the sun involving KLBA, like BGM, competing BGMs or AGMs, who is the real KLBA, etc.
    If the wrong KLBA is recognized then it becomes big problem for BAM for accepting an illegal KLBA instead of the legal claimant. Even the Sports ministry has to be very careful about due legal process because backing the wrong horse can get the government sued.

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I understand that the KLBA has no other competing claimant. However, the SBA or Selangor Badminton Association has two groups both claiming to be the legitimate SBA. They both even tried to hold their own separate AGM. This is a mess.

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    taneepak, the meeting is valid as the constitution requires the financial report must be attached with the BGM notice

however, i do agree with you this should be in a separate thread and i think its going to be a long one....

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Yoke Meng in line for BAM top job

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/7/2/sports/6573036&sec=sports

In serious business with BAM

Ng (in the Cantonese dialect) can mean no. So I’m no ‘chin chai’ man,” said the 47-year-old lawyer with a hearty laugh.
    In fact, I can’t even stand a staff of mine typing a letter with double spacing. There has to be a proper system and order. I am serious when it comes to work. But by nature, I’m an easy going and fun person. It somehow balance out everything. I have my own law firm and I have engaged three additional staff so that I can cope with balancing both my work commitments and my responsibilities with the BAM. It is all goes back to my passion for the sport.”
    Chin Chai travels from Seremban to KL in a car with the number plate bearing the initials of his name, NCC 88.
    Chin Chai, who was an assistant secretary to Datuk Punch Gunalan between 1994 and 1996 and was the secretary of the Negri Sembilan association prior to the appointment by the BAM, wants to walk the talk.
    “I talk a lot and have many ideas. Like many passionate badminton followers, I have also been part of coffee table talk, voicing out my displeasures on many things in Malaysian badminton,” he said.
    “For instance, I was one of those who were unhappy when non-student found ways to participate in the University Games. I can’t stand cheating and manipulation in sports.
    “I know talk is cheap. So it will be a challenge for me to do things now that I am in the position to make them work.”
    Chin Chai added that there would be transparency in the tasks he performed and he would not make hasty decisions.
    “I am a straight-forward person. If one is sincere in what he does, there is nothing to hide,” he said.
    Taking a leadership role is nothing new to Chin Chai but he was initially hesitant to take up the BAM appointment.
    “I was in two minds about accepting this role. The BAM are getting ready for the 2012 London Olympics and we are in the process to set up a new state-of-art training centre,” he said.
    “It involves a lot of money and with it comes power and glamour ... and politicking. I plan to stay above the politics. I have no personal agenda. My only agenda is in the interest of national badminton,” he said.
    “I have been a leader from my school days. In fact, I was the head boy in my school (King George V) in Seremban – 19 years after Datuk Punch had held the same post.
    “I have been involved in badminton for a very long time (as a player, coach and administrator). For now, my job is to drive the whole (national) team – management, coaches and players – to greater heights.”

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/7/2/sports/6572791&sec=sports

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    the news only mentioned yoke meng as the candidate for performance manager

as he was a former national player and i would guess the rest of the candidate aren't great badminton players..

for the bam secretary, ng sure is serious about his new job by hiring 3 additional staff to balance his main profession

i think he will bring something we have been hoping for to the malaysian badminton team

7. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Are you BAM's unofficial self-appointed PR guy?
    Datuk Nadzmi should either resign as BAM President or Proton resign as sponsor. Because Nadzmi is Proton CEO, it means Proton can remain as sponsor on the cheap. Isn't that a glaring conflict of interest? Or innocent oversight? That's why the players are suffering because the sponsorship money is insufficient to send them to more tournament opportunities. Most of them end up as lowly paid sparring partners.
    A Singapore firm managed to broker a deal with Ing as the sponsor and that means a lot more money than what Proton can offer. On top of that, ING is a better name than Proton because it's international. What a coincidence that LCW won the AE wearing the ING logo. Maybe Proton can be sponsor for the SEA tournaments (where it's sold) and ING the sponsor for other international tournaments.
    What's this $900000 rumour? Started by Proton guys?

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

BAM has now decided to reduce the bonus incentives for players, claiming that they are way too high and by far the highest offered by any national badminton association in the world.

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

I think you got your facts wrong. BAM was in favour of the ING deal in which ING would take prominence re advertising their name over Proton.
    However, BAM was not awre of this agent and the cut he was supposed to get. ING also claims that they were not aware of the use of an agent and the agent's commission.
    To go ahead with such a "shady" deal would be the talk of the town. So the rest is now history and now the deck has been thoroughly cleaned for less hanky panky deals. BTW, ING is still a contender for future deals but I suspect they and BAM would want to ensure nobody gets a huge bite.
    Of course BAM could always get funding if funds are critically short. BTW, the government did inject enough money into BAM just before the Thomas Cup.

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

There is a lot of speculation being done here.

Do accuse people of being "shady" or committing "hanky panky" when they have not been proven guilty ?It is not responsible and is use of emotive language to influence others.

Not necessarily true that the BAM can get funds easily if they wanted too, there are no facts to substantiate this

statement,the reverse is probably too if you are in the know.There are too many flaws and assumptions in arriving at the conclusion which is biased as it is directed against anything tied to Singapore, the poster's pet whipping boy.

A lot of credibility is lost on the above basis. Visitors reading such posts need to verify its reliability and validity .

#290 Bbn, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Pj's statements sound more logical and are reflective of the way things are done here and has more credibility .

Read the papers today and we know the task of Chairing the Training and Development has been

vacated. Most of the views expressed by the local posters are well informed and close to the action.

12. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Now poeple, BWF has appointed the same Singapore company to act for them, is it for free

or is it also hanky panky and shady?

The same accusations have been recycled again and again on this thread by the same poster , with just the same agenda, to embarrass Singapore interests. We just have to read the local papers to get updates on the issue and we know here how people work, so save your energy and discuss other more meaningful things with credible people with credible resources.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday July 3, 2010
    Winds of change in BAM
    Chin Chai takes over from Nadzmi, squad to train in Bath for world meet
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Numerous steps were taken by the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) executive council to improve the Malaysian badminton but the most positive must be the appointment of a new chairman to strengthen the coaching and training committee (CNT).

Yesterday, BAM’s president Datuk Nadzmi Mohd Salleh, who chaired the exco meeting at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara, handed over the post of the CNT chairman to the association’s new secretary Ng Chin Chai. Nadzmi held the post for the last nine years.
    Chin Chai will be responsible for adding depth and quality in the coaching and training department.
    This important sector had been under constant fire following meek performances by the national players in major tournaments for years and the failure of the local and foreign coaches to bring out the best from the players.
    Chin Chai said that there would be structural changes in the coaching and training set-up to make it more effective.

“Datuk Nadzmi has vacated this post for me. He wanted someone, who has the knowldege of the game, to be hands-on over matters regarding coaching and training,” said Chin Chai.
    “There has to be some changes but I will be talking to the coaches before making any decisions. I will be getting their feedbacks.

“There will be short and long term targets for the players but the focus will be on achieving results at major tournaments like the Olympic Games and World Championships. We will also look into the development programme of the junior players,” said Chin Chai.

Yesterday, the BAM also appointed Yusry Yusuf, the Proton Holding’s export division manager as the assistant secretary to Chin Chai.

For now, Yusry, an engineer by profession will oversee the setting up of the association’s multi-million training centre and work closely with Datuk Sayed Abu Bakar Abdullah, who chairs the BAM’s building and facilities committee.
    The BAM had been allocated an eight-acre land at Cochrane Road in Cheras where the new high-tech national training centre will be built. It is expected to be ready in the two years.
    On an appointment of a high performance manager, the BAM have decided to take more time in finding a suitable candidate.
    The BAM’s exco are also looking at the option of forming a team of high performance managers.
    Yesterday, the exco also made several decision to look into the players’ tournament calendar and incentive package.
    The players incentive package and bonuses will be reviewed to ensure that only players winning major tournaments will reap the best rewards. The lucrative international ranking bonus system will also be reviewed and a paycut is imminent.
    Yesterday, the exco also gave a greenlight for the World Championships-bound players led by world number one Lee Chong Wei to acclimatize and train at Bath University in England before heading to Paris for the world meet from Aug 23-28.
    http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2010/7/3/sports/6600092.asp&sec=sports

the above is the news. In an earlier interview, Ng CC says his name in Cantonese means "No Chin Chai", emphasising he doesnt do things chin chai way.

14. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[​IMG]
    President Datuk Nadzmi Salleh listens to new secretary Ng Chin Chai at the BAM exco meeting yesterday. NST picture by Osman Adnan

BA of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Nadzmi Salleh, who relinquished his position as the coaching and training committee chairman yesterday, also announced that the current bonuses offered to the national players will be slashed effective next January. Nadzmi, who chaired the executive committee meeting yesterday, handed over the coaching and training responsibilities to new secretary Ng Chin Chai as he wants the chairman of the committee to be hands on.

The current world ranking, presidential and match bonuses -- probably the best scheme offered by a national badminton association -- will be trimmed down as Nadzmi feels the current incentives are too high.

Lee Chong Wei has been receiving RM45,000 quarterly for being the World No 1 while men's doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong receive RM54,000 for being the top pair.

A shuttler also receives an additional 20 per cent on the prize money he or she receives for winning an international title.

Meanwhile, the players' monthly allowances -- which range between RM500 and RM3,000, are likely to be increased to make up for the cut in incentives.

The Fairuzizuan Tazari issue was also settled as he has been suspended from June 15 to July 14.

"We feel that the world ranking, presidential and match bonuses are too high and we will revise the scheme.

"We are in the midst of coming up with the right figures and identifying the tournaments. The new scheme should start next year (January)," said Nadzmi.

"We cannot do it abruptly and are studying the current scheme and how we can revise it.

"The idea is to give more impetus to the Olympics, World Championships and the Thomas Cup."

Nadzmi said Yusri Yusof, an engineer by profession, will be appointed as the assistant secretary where his primary task is to coordinate the Badminton Academy which will be built in Cheras (Jalan Cochrane).

15. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    i had my laugh here in bc for the last 2 days and laughing will continue hearing the above news :D

its all about dollar and cents thats happening in bam :D

not enough get another sponsor, cannot find get another guy ;)

;) however, cut their incentive, increase their monthly allowances and paying on time

is much much better than promise the players high incentive but pay very very late;) ;)

16. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I'm so glad BAM appointed you to release these true facts to the public.

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Some of the things I have observed about one of our cranky posters :

1) He has a grudge against some country and people from that country. So his conclusion and agenda is to tarnish them.
    Instead of gathering info and arriving at an unbiased decision he sort of works backwadrs and then manipulates or creates info to lead back to the desired intended conclusion.Reminds oneself of bad,cheating students.
    2) Then he posts lots of facts and figures without quoting sources, and when you inquire he will direct you to some web-site. One wonders what is the point of posting facts and info in the first place without sources , it is to influence unquestioning people or to enlighten people or is it to promote propoganda like politicians.The agenda is in question.
    3) Then he goes round in circles, cannot synthesise info or see things from a holistic position and accuses people of all sorts of deficiencies.
    4) Then he jumps from thread to thread putting his finger in every pie.
    No harm if people like to chit chat or need people to talk to, but it is better not to be ANNOYING to others.It reminds me of drunken fools arguing in the pub.
    What many don't know that everytime something is posted on BC the key words are picked up by Google, not only are people in BC reading it but the whole world reads it if they happen to be searching for a key word related to the subject under discussion. Can you imagine the amount of misinformation circulating in the globe if not authenticated?

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

BAM is perhaps the richest national badminton federation in the world. It is the only national badminton federation to hand out fat bonuses of various varieties to performing players. Yet fans still complain. If BAM's cash position faces a crisis there is always the government to inject more money, like they did with RM 2 million just before the Thomas and Uber Cup when the ING deal collapsed, see www.intro2u.net/new/2010/04/the-thomas-and-uber-cup/.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st,i agree that bam is rich after olympic silver medal
    2nd,as i said before,rich doesnt = player have enough money to survive.most of the player in squad(more than 75%) of them only earn rm 500 per month before tuc 2008.just like malaysia government is rich,doesnt mean the poeple is rich.u should know that,u are experience.

if u still can understand why someone want to be bam president despite somebody think that is only a small pie(opps,that somebody say bam is the richest after that,not sure how flip flop is that)