Play badminton in HCMC VIETNAM

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by tifam, Mar 21, 2005.

1. victorbao

victorbao New Member

[
    hi.john
    have you found it?
    if yes cany let me know the contact details?i am new to the city.
    thx
    victorTE=aZn_Popcorn;1821395]Hey Hungle,

I have sent you an email a week or so now.
    Please reply back :)
    On a side note...I am staying in Quan 2(Thao Dien) area. Do you know where I can play that is closer to here? I have heard there is a "An Phu Badminton Club" but I don't know where.

Thx,
    John[/QUOTE]

2. victorbao

victorbao New Member

hi guys
    i am new to the city and will start a teaching jobnext week. ilove badmington and really want to meet some good players here. i live in an phu distict2.any advices?thank you. my email is victorbao@gmail.com

3. pandy34

pandy34 New Member

Food and Beverage
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking for regular badminton hours in and around Phu My Hung District 7 Ho Chi Minh City. Any where that I can join and play regularly would be great. I am free all evenings and weekends. If anyone wants to play or have a game I can join please send me an email: neilluong@yahoo.ca. Make sure its .ca and not .com.
    Thanks for the help,
    Neil

4. scwong

scwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Hi Permanis, I am working in HCMC, looking for badminton action, would you so kind to give me Mr. Teoh mobile number, so that I can get in touch with him there. Where (which district?) is the place they are playing?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Wong

5. scwong

scwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Hi Super Lee89, I am Wong, working in HCMC, can join your group to play on weekdays evening? where do you all play? (district?)

Thanks

6. permanis

permanis Regular Member

Hi Mr. Wong,

Mr. Teoh group plays at the Maria Curie School indoor gym in Le Quy Don street ( District 1). You can see the gym in front of the street ( opposite the expensive Thai restaurant).Sorry I don't have Mr. Teoh number at all as I live in Sydney. I play there if my trips bring me in Vietnam.

They play Tue, Thu and Sun starting 7.00pm. Mostly are Malaysian and Singaporean exparts ( Hokkien is predominantly spoken) but welcomes anyone who can play the game.

Cheers

Permanis

7. scwong

scwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Thank you Permanis, I will look him up.

8. newbie2011

newbie2011 Regular Member

hi all

we have badminton group on every Sunday from 10:30 AM till 3PM at # 36 , Luy Ban Bich street, Tan Phu district.
    Currently we have around 16 members, 4 pretty ladies :D and 12 guys. most of us at normal level which playing badminton from 2 till 4 years.
    We are wellcome new member/foregners to join us .
    Any more details, you can contact me at cell +84985825511 Ms Michelle or email michelletran2012@gmail.com

Cheers
    Michelle

9. Shi Lun

Shi Lun Regular Member

Student
    Hello everyone :)

I'm from Canada, and I'll be in HCMC from June-14 to ~August-15. I'm looking forward to be able to play during my stay there. I think I'm an beginner-intermediate level player but I have never played there so I do not know what level I am at. I really wish to reach a competitive level. I am free most of the time and want to play as much as possible. I will be living in Phu Nhuan Dist. I have read the posts above however I do not know if the places are still open :/ seeing as the city is developing quickly. If anyone would be so kind as to give me a list of the clubs, their times and the price.

Regards,
    TLT

10. scwong

scwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Badminton in Vietnam

Hi TLT,
    If you like to play on Sunday morning, please contact +84985825511 Ms Michelle or email michelletran2012@gmail.com for details

If you like to play on weekdays of Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you can call me at
    +84932668851 Mr. Wong for details

Best Regards
    Wong

11. Shi Lun

Shi Lun Regular Member

Student
    Hi Wong,

Thank you for the contacts. May I inquire as to where I would be playing?

TLT

12. newbie2011

hi Mr Wong
    i have an Australian friend who looking for a group to play on weekdays. his level used to be B but it was 10 years ago.
    he would like to seek for a group to restart again. could your group welcome him?

cheers
    Michelle :)

13. scwong

scwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Hi Michelle, long time no see you, are you fine? Yes please ask your friend to call me and i will arrange with him, don't know much about A, B, or C grading cause we are not competitive players if your friend do not mind, just intermediate players looking for a sweat.

Cheers
    Wong

14. newbie2011

hi Wong

i am good now, still play badminton every Sunday at old group ;)
    okie , thanks . i will give him your # then he can contact you directly.
    cheers
    Michelle

15. varsis

varsis Regular Member

Software Engineer
    That B grade Australian who used to play 10 years ago is me, Michelle ended up introducing me to a group in Quan/District 3, not sure if it's your group or not (probably not as they do not seem to speak english), however it's lots of fun and the groups on Mon/Wed/Fri range in skill and seem to have fun. Just wanted to say thanks!

16. whtbnm

whtbnm New Member

Hello, I am a college student living in Tan Binh district. I am looking for someone or a group so that we could play together.
    There are courts such as 367 Hoang Hoa Tham and another court somewhere in Thang Long street nearby my place where I usually play at.
    My num.: +84917070630. thanks and looking forward to replies.

17. ktran

ktran Regular Member

Student
    Hello,

I am currently in Ho Chi Minh city(add: [FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]216 De Tham Str, DIST 1) for another 3 days and would love to find some people to play badminton with. I play 2-3 times a week back home, and I wouldn't consider myself a beginner(played at college level). I can speak and understand vietnamese too![/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Been doing some [/FONT][FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]research[/FONT][FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] ...and I know there is a place to play called Marie Curie about a 10 minute drive away, but I am not really sure who to contact about coming in as a guest for a day or two. [/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]If there are any indoor courts that are near with people who are willing to give me a try, please let me know. My email is: tran.t.kien343@gmail.com. I will be free tomorrow afternoon after 6:30pm, and all day tuesday. Look forward to playing some badminton :)[/FONT]

[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Thanks so much![/FONT]

18. varsis

varsis Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Someone came up to me at Marie Curie tonight and asked, in English, if I had a spare racquet as they wanted to play but didn't have a racquet to do so. I declined as I didn't know the person, hadn't seen the person play before and my racquets are new (and pricey).

As always it's best to bring your own gear if you don't know anyone, otherwise it's a gamble to see if someone has a racquet they don't care too much about.

19. ktran

ktran Regular Member

Student

I see...I brought my own racket, shoes, and shuttles to play. I played tonight at a place that has all kinds of sports(tennis,basketball,dancing,karate,etc). Only had two wooden courts, but I can't complain. I have one day left here so if anyone wants to play, please let me know!

20. varsis

varsis Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yeah I didn't know if it was you or not, so my post was just informing people to bring their own gear :)