Stretching after training

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Vomit, Sep 24, 2012.

1. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Of course there are exemptions to everything. Poor blood circulation is a medical condition. Could be due to low blood pressure also. Our discussion is more towards the normal situation.

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I do feel that these postures help in aiding posture balance and decreasing likelihood of injuries. As to what the horse said about the blood going back to his upper body, I am not sure but just wanted to share. However, there are cases of tournaments dragging on so long and hectic that players can feel light headed due to intense stress on the body for prolong periods, though not necessarily due to jumping alone. That is also why when the body is stressed out, you can't get up immediately or you will get dizzy. Maybe this 'inverted posture' does help remedy the low blood pressure situation. However, I am also thinking that a person who does not necessarily have low blood pressure can have fainting spells when his body cannot last a particular grueling match.

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Blood pressure is not the same throughout the whole body. For a start, the normal blood pressure of 120/80 mm/Hg indicates that the blood pressure leaving the heart to other parts of the body is higher (120) than when compared to blood returning to the heart from other parts of the body (80).

Excerpt:

When you exercise, your working muscles need more blood and oxygen to function. This increased demand forces your heart to beat faster, thus pumping out more blood with each beat. When your heart rate and blood volume increases, so does the pressure of the blood on the arterial walls. Therefore, while you are actually engaging in exercise, your systolic blood pressure will temporarily rise, and your diastolic, or bottom number, will stay the same or drop slightly. The benefit of exercise on blood pressure occurs after physical activity. After a bout of exercise, the blood vessels throughout your body dilate. This relaxation of the vessels creates wider openings for the blood to flow through, therefore reducing the amount of resistance and pressure on the walls. This dilation can last for several hours after exercise, resulting in lower systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings.

Take note that each individual's fitness level is different. For some, those unable to cope, their body will be constantly begging to return to the recovering phase or dilation phase, and if your opponent is fitter than you, and the match has a long way to go, you are playing in vessel dilation phase and low blood pressure, hence the dizziness. Some will even see snow in their vision. Of course, if you are as fit as LD or LCW, it's not a problem.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/382439-why-does-blood-pressure-drop-after-exercise/#ixzz2MUJ6d64U

#43 Pakito, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's simply overexertion of the cardiovascular system, meaning your body is not capable of delivering enough oxygen to all parts anymore. That's what causes several symptoms of fatigue normally (lack of carbohydrates being another huge factor). In extreme cases of fatigue, your brain will not be supplied adequately anymore (with either oxygen and/or carbohydrates) which may cause visual symptoms (bright/colored spots, blurry vision...), and eventually cause collapse/fainting as a last-resort safety measure, returning you to a horizontal position to increase blood flow to the brain while stopping all conscious muscle activity to reduce any further strain.
    If you have those symptoms and feel light-headed, that yoga pose will actually help. Playing on afterwards is dangerous though and should not be done even by professional athletes (who more often than not have no idea what's going on in their body anyway and just rely on coaches' expertise or dangerous half-knowledge).

5. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    My point exactly. :cool:
    I don't know if this helps, but I have been training with an aid of a banana to last longer and exert my stamina and endurance. Ok maybe a bunch of bananas but just a few bites after every grueling match. I am sharing this because I find that this is especially beneficial for those who have laid off badminton for some time but planning to come back actively into this grueling sport (MS), this helps.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

#46 visor, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
  8. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Correct. That is why I said the ratio is constant and not the pressure is constant throughout.

9. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Was a time I remember, they told us "coffee is not good for your heart."
    Then "research" showed that it is actually good.
    A few years later, guess what? Right! Not good again...

Bananas, margarine, butter, and even green tea have been on the flip-flop bandwagon. Feel free to add to this list. :rolleyes:

11. vajrasattva

vajrasattva Regular Member

bier and wine is gud.... the more the merrier

12. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

Quality!!!
    I do stretch after games and trainings.It helps reduce building up of muscle lactic acid,but not that much tho.I also do hot bath (Epsom salt bath,magnesium gel foot rub)and icing bath several times at night.Massage the tighter muscles with scented oils.If you find it somewhat bothersome to stretch after games,it's also fine,I guess.