Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Yes i hope what you said is aligned to LYB's true motivation to send a wake up call signal to all the three Wangs to rid of their complacency and start working on their weakness to be better prepared in London. I really do hope that's the case..Fans really dont wanna see one Wang out of the competition..it's just so wrong...after more than a year of domination in SS circuit and major events before the Olympics, you are just gonna drop one of them...unfair.

LXR on the other hand is a beast, she has the strength and power to subdue her opponents especially Tai-phoon who tends to trouble the Chinese the most.

But I do remember at one time she does struggle a lot against stroke players like Bae Younjoo and Sung Jihyun.

2. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    LXR is the precious diamond which was found by the chinese team. She is more talented than WSX and WX and probably stronger mentality than WYH. She will be dominant WS like XXF or LLW. When you got a player like this, you will do the same as LYB. The question is whether there is enough time for her to be equipped and shine in London olympics 2012. LYB know his players better than us. Let us wait and see.

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LYB wants her in top 4 so he has a choice of who to send...no other agenda...its his job to make them the best they can.

Anybody know the rules about injuries? ie if someone gets injured after the entries submitted can they be subsituted by another if they had qualified? or is it just from the reserve list down the rankings?

4. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Well maybe LYB is in love with LXR....;) Hmmm... Food for thought, anyone???

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    excellent idea for Miqilin7's and my upcoming movie!! :D

#85 pcll99, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I think it is more appropriate to say that LYB's son, Li Gen fell his heart for LXR & as a good father LYB wants to make a good impression on his son's loved ones.. :p

We are getting more & more off topic, guys :p..

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i don't know much about li lingwei, but xxf, can we said that she is dominant while she never won an OG gold medal?

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    She won an OG silver medal, two WC gold medals and three All England titles. For team events, she won three Uber and one Asian Games gold medals. She and ZN both dominated in their days, similar to LCW and LD now, i think.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Wrong! China women singles has failed to land an Asian Gold Medal for 20 years. Wang Shixian ended the spell and won the gold medal match hands down. Unknown to her, the medal actually labelled her as the best player in Asia concurrently with Lin Dan but to her, it's not a major title to our surprise. She wants to win the Olympic Games.

Dont count Zhou Mi as a Chinese...i never consider her as a Chinese when she crossed over to Hong Kong. lol

10. *chance*

*chance* Regular Member

He said for team events. Not in the individual draw.

11. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    ZN = Zhang Ning, not ZM

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i don't understand. When Zhou Mi won the Asian Games WS gold medal (individual events) in 2002, she was still with the Chinese team. She came to HK in 2007 (maybe 2006).

#92 pcll99, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

ow, so it's the case. too bad, she can't win the OG gold back in 2008. thanks for the info, @pcl99..

zhou mi is one of the victim of chinese WS super-regeneration i think? i think we should put a little simpathy on her. :)

btw, who is the winner of 2006 AG in WS?

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    It was Wang Chen. Just like ZM, she was previously with the China but later converted to HK. Wang Chen won the 2006 AG as a player for HK.

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Trust me...Zhou Mi doesn't understand the spirit of patriotism. She doesn't stand a chance to beat Audina in the Olympic final. Zhang Ning of all people stood a better chance to win. Also for a player to represent the country in the final, the pressure and outcome will keep playing constantly in your head. What if you fail to win? Typical China will blame their own player for not playing well rather than giving the credit to their opponent. I know Li Yongbo is for sure one of the people with that sort of mentality. To face these people after your defeat in the Olympic final is one of the worst thing you want to avoid, you have to compliment Zhang Ning for doing well to cope with the pressure and beat Audina who by the way was once the best Indonesian player in the world after Susi. Watching her play in Athens was a testimony to her return to her best form.

Zhou Mi doesn't get the plot and have the one Chine team spirit. That's why she left and renounce her Chinese citizenship...I dont blame her for doing so. However when she did it at that point, she is never considered as a Chinese heroine. More so, all her titles won for China were nullified by her actions. The Asian Games Gold Medal in Busan was not won by Zhou Mi of China, but a player who switched national identity for her own personal agenda. It's cruel but that's how the Chinese people see it in their perspective.

Wang Shixian won the gold medal back after 20 years of drought. She along with Wang Xin were worthy recognition of a Chinese award for restoring the dominance back in the WS in Asian Games. I hope Wang Shixian doesn't follow the same path Zhou Mi took, eventually leading to her departure in disgrace and great sadness.

16. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    This is LXR thread.

It is harsh and untrue to say ZM left in disgrace. When I met her in China a few years ago people still seemed to like her....so I don't think everyone see her the same as you.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Will LXR play in Uber Cup (Final)? What do u guys think? Or will we only see the three Wangs?

18. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I think it will depend on her performance in tournaments prior to Uber cup. If she beats all the nonchinese players in these tournaments and remains in world no 4, I think she will be given a chance to be the third WS in Uber cup. She may not have chance to play a game in Uber cup because all the matches likely finish before third WS. Having said that if she get a chance to play she will play for the crucial point and how she responds to the pressure will affect her chance to go to Olympics.

#98 jkkwongnz, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    If she really screws up in the Olympic, it could spell end to her career as a future star player...she will spend the rest of the years working as footsoldier...

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

if LXR to play for the uber team she will definitely be the No 3 WS. from what i can see not a single team currently can take 1 point from China let alone 2 points to force the WS3 to play.