APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

so lelynx... VH1800 is more head heavier than nano900power?? so if consider more solid and stable feel...which will be better?

because nano 900 power is 4u head heavy and vh is a 3u head heavy...will vh1800 make hand tired for 2 hour game?

#961 chongkiatz, Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  2. hoiboy79

hoiboy79 Regular Member

I think u better go with the VH1800. I have a Nano Power 900 Red and I feel that it vibrates wayyyy too much and it is not stable AT ALL. And I had no biases against it whatsoever, I am a huge APACS fan.

3. chongkiatz

ooo..thx for the info hoiboy... i think i also will going to vh1800 ... since the price have a distance...and i dun think a RM100+ racket performence will be better than a RM200+...sure the technology will be different rite?

4. cede1975

cede1975 New Member

I just bought VHS1800 from Hock Eng Seksyen15 BBB for rm170 w/o string and grip. comes with a huge two compartments apacs stock bag. IMO It's the only place with a full range of apacs so far. It's easy to get to from city. coming out from city on Seremban highway south; exit at Bangi toll. After first roundabout 12 o'clock and you wil see seksyen15(cant miss it , there's a petronas station in the vicinity) on your right. Make a 360 at the next roundabout(Or U-turn not sure there is one), continue straight and make a left just after Petronas station. The shop is just at you left along the same stretch of shop near Hock Eng supermarket.

To get there easy you can take komuter to UKM and hitch an 'un-metered' cab, pay 8-10rm , just a 5mins ride and you will get there.

Shop is at Hock Eng sports Seksyen15 Jln 15/1.

Hope this help.
    http://www.streetdirectory.net.my/m...rommap=1&travel_id=864&travel_site=386/&nline=

5. chongkiatz

and hoiboy ... 3U and 4U weight different alot?? just scared VH1800 will make my hand tired easily =.=

6. cede1975

cede1975 New Member

Just bought a AVH1800 for 170rm with two compartments bag, no strings no grips.

The place i bought it,is located at bandar baru bangi seksyen 15 Jln15/1 Hock ENg sports. There's a full range of apacs rackets there, yonex too.

It's not hard to locate the shop. By car going by Seremban highway southbound from City, exit at Bangi toll. COntinue and go 12 o'clock on the first roundabout, after 1st roundabout just along the road you will see seksyen15 on your right. There's only one Petronas station in the vicinity too.

Find a Uturn(Not sure there is one) or just make a 360 at the next roundabout, and turn left just after the Petronas Stn you have spotted before.

The shop is just at the your left side at the shoplots.

Or you can take Komuter to UKM stn , take a cab from there. just mention BBB seksyen15 Jln 15/1.

http://www.streetdirectory.net.my/m...rommap=1&travel_id=864&travel_site=386/&nline=

7. mrizacs

mrizacs Regular Member

Student
    for me my ti-10 more heavier than vh1800, but vh1800 too stiff then my ti-10..

#967 mrizacs, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  8. cede1975

cede1975 New Member

Just bought an apacs AVH1800 for 170rm w/o strings&grip, comes with a double compartment huge stock bag.

Full range of Apacs at Hock eng sports, at Seksyen 15 Jln15/1 bandar baru bangi.

Just go by seremban highway southbound from city and exit at bangi toll and follow the map above. you cant miss it.

Or take komuter to UKM stn and fetch a cab there. just 5mins distance. Cabs dont run meters there, 8-10rm is the nominal price last i checked.

9. chongkiatz

stiff racket will need more wrist power to generate power??

10. Stinkiray

Stinkiray Regular Member

Not quite. Stiff rackets usually mean that the racket returns to it's original flex or whatever faster. So depending on the swing, you'll need to adjust the wrist power accordingly. Hope I got that right myself.:D

11. cede1975

cede1975 New Member

If you use your wrist to generate 'more' power when you smash, your wrist wont last long.

The concept of a powerful shot is all about the speed of your swing and finding where is the center of your swing arc(usually that's your shoulder, sometimes it can be your waist). basically hitting further away from the center couple with faster swing you get more power.

Your wrist movement is only for control play eg net play and such.

Stiffer rackets eliminates vibration faster after hit and at initial swing.
    generally in an exaggerate view you dont want to hit something with a wobbly bat.
    With high stiffness racket , you left only string tension as the only variable in your power play.

In laymen terms, micro vibration is bad, It introduce inconsistency. And most importantly the image from cartoons or slow mo video where racket seems to arc forever until they are hit will not happen in real life.

This is also the design factor for tennis racket. to eliminate vibrations/warping.

12. cede1975

cede1975 New Member

Hock Eng sports at bandar baru bangi seksyen15 Jln15/1 has full range of Apacs, fully stocked too.

Just bought myself a Vh1800 there w/o string/grips for RM170 comes with a double compartment stock bag.

Easiest way to get there is by taking komuter to UKM stn and take a cab there,usually charges rm8 and only takes 5mins to reach there.

If by car, from city take southbound Seremban highway exit at Bangi toll. seksyen 15 is just after the first roundabout(exit at 12 o'clock) on your right side. There's a Petronas station which you can't miss. Jln 15/1 is just after Petronas from the other direction.

#972 cede1975, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  13. mrizacs

mrizacs Regular Member

Student
    waa cheap price rm170 include big bag? the bag brand also apacs?

14. hoiboy79

hoiboy79 Regular Member

I personally like 3U a lot better. 4U is kind of light for me, not much power.

15. cede1975

cede1975 New Member

Yepp apacs 'huge' bag. Rm170 is the price without string and grip.

16. chongkiatz

RM170 + string RM20 + grip = almost RM200 .. but stil cheap enough

17. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    The Apacs Nano Comfort 1001 giving me problem now. The rubber on the grommet starting crack and drop out.. I wonder can claim for warranty or not. Just bought it not more that 1 month and only used not more that 10 games.. Anyone using that racket before? Izit so fragile?:crying:

18. id0101

id0101 Regular Member

Grommet can be changed by your local stringer easily.

19. singchaii

singchaii Regular Member

Car Technician
    I mean the yellow rubber gromemet.. Can be change also? Because the yellow rubber is droping out while the transparent gromment still there. Izit still able to be change? But, if need to change every months, that not fun. :(
    [​IMG]

20. id0101

id0101 Regular Member

Ya! The yellow rubber that you referring is U-Shape grommet. It can be changed. Provided your local stringer have this type of grommet :)