Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Shon Wan Ho beat LCW in India Open Final.

2. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    When CL beat LCW in 2012, it looked like LCW was not playing aggressively at all. Once he played aggressively in London, LCW destroyed CL easily. He even have problem playing Du Pengy. I think CL has peaked already and that is.

#302 Qidong, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I repeat,Chen Long's time has come again, this time for good. He will be in the company of Lin Dan and Lee CW, a cut above the rest.

Very soon, in fact from now on, Chen Long will give Lee CW a very hard time whenever they meet and challenge Lin Dan as well.

This Little Dragon has come of age and shall simply be known as The Dragon.

4. fauci

fauci Regular Member

I have to admit Chen Long is damn solid and doing extremely well, esp. in his defence, but his overall body movement looks very rigid. Compared to Lin Dan, Bao Chunlai or even Chen Jin, Chen Long is much less exciting to watch.

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

maybe not that fast Justin. ;) he still has a long way to go. let's give him more time of tests. :D

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This CHN Open has seen one superb performance after another by Chen Long, master class. He has so much speed and power, consummate whether in attack or defence. He just needs to maintain his accuracy and introduce more deception into his game to be a complete all-rounder in the echelon of Lin Dan and Lee CW.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances,we should see him the main contender come Rio 2016.

7. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Chen Long compete for the World Championships in 2013. He should win one of these titles first before thinking about 2016.

But i think he'll be the favorite for 2013 WC. China has 2 Aces, Chen Long and Li Xuerui.

8. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

the favourite should be LCW. remember how he destroyed CL in LOG?

9. zhuangcorp

Yeah, but 4 years is a long time. LCW will be a lot older, it will be hard for him to keep his form.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

but i think you said that CL will be favourite for 2013 WC, not 2016 OG yet. at least that's the post/line i quoted. :)

11. zhuangcorp

Oh yeah, because Lin Dan and LCW are getting married and not competing. I don't think they'll be match fit by 2013 WC. So that's why i think CL should be the favorite.

12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

but next year WC and 2014 AG already in LCW's target list. he should be there and be the favourite i guess. ;)

13. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

What racket is Chen Long using? His racket seems to be an N55 but the top is white instead of black. Tape perhaps?

14. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    N55 gen 1 with lead tape which is white in color, like LD.

15. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

I see. But I wouldn't think it would be lead tape. Lin Dan uses athlete tape

16. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    darn.... yeah it is athletic tape....

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long, I don't call you The Dragon for nothing - beat Lee CW in the final of the HK Open SS today. More to come from you, I believe.:)

18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, and he did it in 2 games, when LD need 3 games. ;)

but he need to calm down and not get to hi. LCW just back from his wedding, maybe still not 100% yet. but next time maybe wouldn't that easy. so, keep your form, please. ;)

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't worry, Chen Long didn't get carried away. He said he took his match with Lee CW as a learning experience;that's the right attitude.

If I were Chen Long's coach, I would make it a point that he play Lee CW as often as possible, take part in every tournament that Lee CW plays in. Back home,he can train with Lin Dan and spar wit him. In competition, it'll do him a lot of good to compete with Lee CW frequently. For Chen Long,he can only get better and better.

Chen Long, at the Olympics semi-final against Lee CW, didn't play his game right and failed to adopt the correct tactics, was a bit sluggish,somewhat passive and reactive in that match, unlike at the Hong Kong Open Final with Lee CW. However, even if CL had played in the LOG SF as he did in the HKO, he might not win it but it would certainly be a much closer fight, I believe.

As for Lee CW, 30 isn't old and he won't be past his prime anytime soon. If PG, Lee HI, Sho Sasaki and Hu Yun, including Juliane Schenk, can continue to play their best badminton around age 30, the more so for such an immensely gifted natural talent as Lee CW. I'm sure he's good until Rio'16 and should give it another shot;hope to see him there.

I look forward to seeing Chen Long cross swords with Lee CW again in the upcoming SuperSeries Finals. A Dream Match worth waiting for in the absence of Lin Dan.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wow, Chen Long, you are great. Congratulations on winning your first All England title beating a most worthy,formidable opponent, Lee CW. Absolutely spectacular. Yes,keep having a humble,learning attitude as that's the right way to constantly improve yourself and be the best that you can be.

I'm delighted to say that,apart from Lin Dan, you're the one among all the CHN players to live up to my expectations the most now. Keep it up. You have a bright future ahead of you.