Aeroplane Black, quality degraded or fake?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by badder, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Aeroplane is good...but quality of certain batch of shuttlecocks inconsistent at times i felt....but nevertheless it's 1 of the nicer birdies to play with

2. Zynex

Zynex Regular Member

I have word from Aeroplane, that it changed their product in 2011 with partly synthetic cork, this to be able to sell at reasonable price. Their quality is still rather good, but it would be great if they would also sell full cork ones in my opinion.

cheers
    Zynex

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is not jut the cork that changed. the whole shuttle is now different. the feather are not as durable as before and the feeling is not as crisp.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I just cut open a recently used Aeorplane Red and Aeroplane Black and both were still 100% cork. My friend gave them to me to check out the construction. Guess he still has the original versions.

5. hew128

hew128 Regular Member

Previously IT
    #125 hew128, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  6. biggybil

biggybil Regular Member

badminton
    i can confirm that the new batches have indeed degrated, I have cut open 1 from about 10 tubes and it is as shown in previous picture. This is very sad as they where a go to bird for many.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Please note, AS30 has 2 layer of REAL cork. No synthetic layer.

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    So whats the point here.

Of all the shuttlecocks , which is the best and can take hard smashes and lasting ?

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just the other week i was able to disintegrate a Aeroplane Black from smashing.

i have never disintegrated a shuttlecock before. this speaks a lot about the poor quality these days.

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Or it could mean you've improved in power ... plus using zm62 at 29 lbs, for sure any bird will explode. :p

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nah. i haven't been able to do that with other birdies.

or was it the Adidas racket?

12. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

i've noticed some players using Chaopai(sp?) Red and it's quite durable!!! i didn't know what it was till i took time to read what it says behind the cork.

13. chending

chending Regular Member

[h=1]Aeroplane Black, quality still ok, maybe the USA distrobutor let other factory OEM Aeroplane Black with cheap price, then the quality issue come.[/h]chaopai is soso, youhe S100 is better than chaipai.

14. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

shuttlecock101 has been out of stock with the Black for a while, and a new batch will be shipped around 4/22/13. whoever buys it please gives us some updates about conditions this new batch. thanks in advance.

15. goodfunsmash

goodfunsmash Regular Member

This statement is absurd. The factory has confirmed that there is only one factory of their own making Aeroplane EG1130. No distributor owns the brand, thus, has no authority to interfere with the factory, other than the right for distribution.

Aeroplane has their own factory in China and makes only one product, badminton shuttlecocks, and EG1130 is their top of the line product from their factory to ensure its quality. This information can be easily verified by contacting Aeroplane.

16. phansus

phansus New Member

I have recently imported a new batch of Aeroplane Black shuttles from China. The quality is top notch. Birdie lasts on average 1.5 games (15 point system) with rigorous play. The model I have is EG1130 with the pointed tip. The shuttle flies really really well and it definitely feels like an yonex As40 or As50.

Anyone can enlighten me on the difference between pointed tip and rounded tip shuttles? Thank you!

17. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

Was cork deformed after play? Did you cut a cork and see its structure? Is it 3 layered? Pls give more info.

18. phansus

phansus New Member

the corks are slightly deformed at the end when they are no longer usable. i hvnt got the chance to cut it, i will cut one and post the structure as soon as i can.

19. phansus

phansus New Member

IMG_4228.jpg IMG_4229.jpg

Corks are definitely made of 3 layers with the middle layer being particularly thicker than other 3 layered shuttlecock heads.

20. dr_lager

dr_lager Regular Member

The cork on the EG1130 that we bought from shuttlecock101 are also three layered like this picture. I'm not sure how long they've been doing this, but I thought that I had noticed some deterioration in the look and longevity of the shuttle over the past year or so. We had taken an economic break from them to play with Wilson 80, so may have missed the moment when the cork was changed. The ones we have get a deformed cork pretty quickly. I'm struggling to say for sure that they don't last as long, but they don't feel as good as I remember them being. But I may be looking back on them with rose-tinted spectacles.