Why use feathers?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by CoolMonster1, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    It's hard to be in a giving mood when tubes of shuttles cost an arm and a leg these days:D. Stingy is virtue if it keeps my passion for the game going alittle long. There's also this thing about people re-using their old shuttles for games - everybody should throw in new shuttles for each game and keep the old ones for practice. They should only throw in old shuttles if it's relatively new and they're out of new shuttles.

I cringe everytime when someone (even myself) mishit the shuttle and kill the shuttle during a game.

#21 cappy75, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  2. CoolMonster1

CoolMonster1 Regular Member

Student
    shuttles

I find it hard to believe that yonex does not make a lot of money by selling shuttles. People dont constantly buy racquets but they constantly by shuttles and when you pay about 1/5 the price of a racquet for a new tube of shuttles the money adds up, prove to me that yonex does not make a lot from there shuttles.:crying::):confused::eek::mad::rolleyes::cool::p;):D:eek::(

3. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi CoolMonster,
    Believe me when I say Yonex and Yonex dealer do not make a lot of money on selling the shuttle. As an example. I would like to ask you, if a tube of yonex AS15 cost you $15 and a tube of RSL Tourny 1 cost you $15. Which one will you buy? If a tube of AS30 cost you $21 and a tube of Victor Champ#1 cost you $18, Which one will you buy? When is the last time you see someone plays in your club bring a tube of Yonex feather shuttle? The truth is Yonex shuttle in North America are expensive and hard to get. With demand low, how much do you think Yonex make on the shuttle sales? I can tell you the AS50 is the best shuttle I have played so far. However, are you willing to pay $26 for AS50 every week? Do you know the cost of AS50 Yonex donate to an open tournment?
    I can prove to you that Yonex do not make a lot of money from FEATHER shuttle sale. However, I will have to kill you or Yonex will really silenace me forever.

4. CoolMonster1

CoolMonster1 Regular Member

Student
    Shuttles

My club mostley uses AS30's as there is a man who sells them for $15 at my club. I almost never use any other feather it is my standard feather. However I do see :eek: your point.

5. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

The sound, impact feedback, and flight of a decent feather shuttle is far superior to the best plastic/nylon shuttle out there period. Once you reach even an intermediate standard the difference in "feel" is like night and day. That's why I prefer to play with feather at the club (intermediate+) but use nylon (for longevity) with my beginner friends.

It's like comparing a Fiat to a BMW. Both will get you from A to B but in a spirited drive the BMW will come out trumps.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    sometime the road condition is really bad and u would prefer to use a fiat instead:p

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Are yous sure? If the road condition is bad, the Fiat might shake apart first. Also, BMW come with runflat tire now a day. Road condition? What road condition?

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i dun mean wet, i mean pot holes or no asphalt pavement kind of bad.

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well, so then you really can't prove it ;)
    /Twobeer

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Feathers - The way it's meant to be played!

11. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer

^---- Agreed

Feathers teach the PROPER techniques rather than plastics require more usage of ARM than wrist which is wrong alrdy...

In otherwords...FEATHER ALL THE WAY..PLASTICS ARE FOR N00BS..=p

12. Bugbait

Bugbait Regular Member

That's like using a worse racket for plastics and a better one for feather. Personally I use the same racket regardless of the shuttle or standard of play. Same with my cars, I use the same car regardless of road conditions, although I drive slower on unsealed roads :).

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

using your definition of noobs, i have seen them playing feathers too. Would that make them not noobs?

14. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If you mean Newbs, then you're wrong, many advanced players I know play with sometimes, but occasionally use feathers (school team practise, etc). If you mean N00bs, you should go figure out what the word n00b means; unlike the term newbie, or newb, n00b doesn't mean somebody who's new; it's an insult similar to calling people stupid. Think before you type anything else please.

15. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    wo0o0..now everybody's getting all cranky about plastics now..haha..takin it so seriously tryin to defend their plastics..n obviously..i was teasin n makin a joke..u 2 crack me up..ha..=p

16. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    No, it's just that I was part of another forum previously, and even the mention of the word n00b would spark a huge flame war that would be at least 10 pages long before a mod locked the thread.

17. Ah_Shum

Ah_Shum Regular Member

Turbo Stringer
    *points and laffs*..dude man..there's a difference between joking and being serious about it..lolz..the FIRST part of my post i was serious..(about the teaching the wrong techniques part) but the next part..obviously by adding the << =p >> makes all the difference..feathers are played by n00bs all the time ne way..my main point was just saying plastics dun teach the "real" proper techniques..seriously..u hv to admit..there is not a single pro or national coach in the world that will tell u plastic is good..lolz..

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

post deleted, i pm'ed instead lol

19. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    http://ctrlaltdel-online.com/comics/20060823.jpg

There is a difference between the terminology newb and noob. That's what the others are pointing out. Jokingly or not, there is a difference to the meaning, lol

------------
    Anywho, back on the subject, feathers really are better than plastics. I haven't really seen any plastics that mimic the touch and feel of a feather. The flight path is obviously much better for feathers. As many have said, if there is a plastic that can mimic every aspect of a feather bird, then I'll buy it. Otherwise, I'll stick to feathers. As for the Yonex birdies, they're way too expensive, I'd rather get some Aeroplane or Victor birdies which last as long and fly just about the same.

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ill, Aeroplane and Victors.... Used them, dont' like them -the corks get dented easily!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.