Cai Yun ( 蔡赟 ) and Fu Haifeng ( 傅海峰 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by labyrinthian, Jun 1, 2005.

1. julianng

julianng Regular Member

hope to see them play against LYD and his new partner KSH in the next tournament. Would be nice to see if they can beat this new pairing.....

2. kygt99

kygt99 New Member

Do you guys realize that Fu Haifeng's service is constantly at fault? If you look carefully, he serves above waist level and his racquet is virtually horizontal at the point of contact. But I have to say, geez...he's rarely caught by the service judge. What do you guys think?

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Without lyd/jjs combo. No one can match them. ;) Ko will take a while to mature.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think he serves just as legally as any other top MD player. MB has a super high serve as well, and JJS was constantly noticeably higher than Fu. TBH, I dont think he hits the shuttle particularly high on short serves.
    The only occasion where he often commits a fault is the flick serve, as he tends to lift the shuttle a bit before striking it and that causes his racket to be horizontal/point upwards.

5. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
    Cai Fu are back in it.Japanese doubles pair withdrew.

6. Harish Reddy M

Harish Reddy M Regular Member

Student
    Cai Fu are back in it.Japanese doubles pair withdrew. superseries finals 2012.jpg

7. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

8. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

With Cai Yun constantly injured lately, I wonder what would happen if they temporarily paired Fu Haifeng with Zhang Nan.

How good could that pair be. When I look at the entire Chinese team, Zhang Nan seems to be the player most likely to take over Cai Yun's mantle as the best front court player of the Chinese team. He has the same types of skills: speed, control, intelligence.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Something on Fu Haifeng to share and my humble translation http://sports.qq.com/a/20130221/000219.htm:

Fu Haifeng focuses on All England , New Year wish to be injury-free

On Feb 19 afternoon, at the CBA training centre,the doubles pairs were at training with tens of them filling the arena, but the dashing Fu Haifeng was easily recognisable, he and his partner were in the midst of retrieving the onslaught of shuttles. On the 26th begins the German Open but Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun need not participate, they are currently concentrating on preparing for the All England Open tournament.

After the London Olympics, Fu HF hasn't been training systematically for a long while, that in addition to the Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) long break,he admitted to feeling tired upon resumption of training. "At present unlike before, when I was younger I could depend on my fitness to cope with normal rising needs, not so now as I've to redouble my efforts more than when I was 20 in order to maintain my condition. Nowadays, younger players are competitively as strong, to keep my advantage I've to put a lot into it,much more than before.

Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun have been 'holding hands'(partnering each other) for 10 years,and finally won gold at the London Olympics, fulfilling their dreams and becoming the next CBA team members to complete the Grand Slam. So any other goals? "Every year there is a target. London Olympic gold is my career's highest attainment, having achieved that, I've to set new goals." This year there are the Sudirman Cup and the Guangzhou World Championship, two important events which are Fu HF's new goals. "Everybody wants to do their bit for the team." And for Cai Yun's four-time World Champion partner, Fu Haifeng, he wishes even more to retain the world title on home ground.

Fu Haifeng is nicknamed 'Ah Bao', his younger colleagues call him 'Brother Bao'.Outwardly different from Cai Yun,Brother Bao is completely domineering when smashing on court but in life he is an introvert who keeps a low profile. Always during interviews, it's mainly Cai Yun doing the talking with Fu HF simply supplementing a few words. However,once you mention his son, Fu HF would open up.

The long Spring Festival holidays just over, Fu HF has well-rested quite a while and devoted most of his time to his son, nicknamed 'Little Fish'. "Originally wanted to bring him out to play but hadn't expected Beijing during the Spring Festival to be so crowded. On one occasion, I planned to take him to the temple fair but our car was caught in the jam all the way from home to the Bright Bridge, so had to give it up." Fu HF told the reporter, that Little Fish often asked about his training. For example, one day he questioned me "Dad, you've training tomorrow?" The next day, he would asked again 'Dad,you've training tomorrow?" At this Fu Haifeng displayed mock shame.

Come August, Fu Haifeng will turn 30. At present, he isn't thinking of retiring.Still,whether he can persist until Rio Olympics, Fu HF said:" The main thing is to prevail over injury. Indeed I'm having more injuries these days, hope to pull through this stage." Entering the year of the snake,Fu HF has made himself a wish -- "No more injuries". The past one year,Fu HF is basically struggling with injuries; beginning with the first injury sustained at early last year's Korea Open, he was with injury at every successive tournament. "There were injuries of the knee, elbow,waist,neck(cervical vertebra),etc., so hope I can pass this year safe and sound,smooth going and plain sailing,and injury-free." [End of translation].

10. Jomer Hax

Jomer Hax New Member

PhD student
    I watched every match they've play that on air via Youtube. I've learn a lot from them.

11. Jomer Hax

Jomer Hax New Member

PhD student
    Anyone update insight news, please.

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    rumor is that Cai Yun to retire:

13. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    He's coaching in Hong Kong?

Good for Hong Kong team!

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or he wants to learn more about coaching there...? 'take a coach master' is a very unclear statement we have to thank the google translator for, it seems :D
    Too bad though. I had really hoped he'd just take some more rest to recover properly and return strongly, similar to what happened before the 2009 All England...

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If that's what he wrote, it's quite telling he's on the way to retiring. Coaching in Hong Kong, that's good but does it mean his family will have to move there? I guess so (he's said he cannot leave his family). He'll make a great contribution to HKSAR badminton. Wish him well and all the best.

16. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    may i ask the source of that information? weibo?

17. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

It'll be a sad day when Cai Yun retires. But it seems like he's constantly injured, and may be hard to be healthy again.

If he really does retire, I really wish he would coach the Chinese national team MD. CBA really needs Cai Yun's strategy and coaching.

And I hope Fu Haifeng keeps playing, and maybe he can play with Zhang Nan, which I think would be a good team.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Precisely, hope Fu Haifeng continues playing even when Cai Yun finally retires (probably soon it seems). By doing so, Fu HF would be helping to form and train another strong doubles player.

19. Jomer Hax

Jomer Hax New Member

PhD student
    I don't think they retire yet, I saw their new outfit for 2013.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yup. and LN is coming up with new rackets for Fu/Cai also call the N9 and N7. so might be just a rumor.

the idea of CY going to HK is kinda far fetched also.