victor spira 21 and victor superwave 35

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by gundamzaku, Nov 7, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    feels the same. even the guy who sold me the racket said spira21 is head light. yea right, it's even indicated on the racket that it's HH, head heavy. when i picked it up and swung a couple times after stringing it, it already felt really head heavy. upon playing for about an hour, i am certain that spira21 feels very close to my superwave 35.

by no means am i upset because it's head heavy since i was going to buy a spira21 anyway. it's just that i was excited about playing with a head light racket from victor since i've never owned one. my other two rackets from victor are the superwave35 and bravesword11, both somewhat head heavy to head heavy. so naturally you can understand my frustration when my expectation isn't met, most of all, a badminton expectation!!!

anyway, i strung it with vs850 at the usual 24lbs so it really felt like my sw35, which is great actually. but all i did tonight was just simple rally, didn't play any games. have yet to see how i handle this racket when i'm running out of steam/breath in a game.

that is all for now :(

2. visor

visor Regular Member

bs12 would be head light

3. gundamzaku

working professional
    i guess it is safe it assume within the same series, victor rackets seem to have completely diff. characteristics?

4. asdsadas2008

asdsadas2008 Regular Member

Student
    Hi gundamzaku, can you compare the two rackets in terms of swing speed, head heaviness, stiffness, and power generated?
    I am keen to try super wave 35 and i've done a lot of research on the way but none seem to compare both spira 21 and sw 35 directly (I am a spira 21 user btw :D)

So far i found that the spira 21 swing speed is faster than the meteor series frame after testing it personally (maybe coz of the slim shaft?). I expected the swing speed to be not too much of a difference as compared to the sw35 since they have the same frame design, it's just a guess tho since i haven't gotten the chance to try sw 35.
    It will be nice if you can give a more detailed opinion on the racket after testing it further, thanks :)

5. gundamzaku

working professional
    swing speed: i feel that i can swing faster with the sw35

head heaviness: they are about the same, nowhere near as heavy as the li ning n90 or yonex 3u head heavy rackets.

stiffness: they are also very similar, but i think the sw35 is a tiny bit stiffer.

power: that i'll have to give it to the spira21. it took me a long time to get used to the stiffness of the sw35 and even when i corrected my swing, it was still difficult for me to generate power. with spira21 i was able to generate more power swinging the way i do with the sw35.

vs850 strings @ 24lbs no prestretch

6. gundamzaku

working professional
    more detail account, i guess the first feeling i got when i started swinging the spira21 was that of being cheated. i thought the spira21 would swing differently, so i expected to feel differently. but after a few hours of swinging, it felt just like the sw35. if anything, the tiny bit of flex gave me more power since i naturally whip rackets when i swing, that's why i say i have to pay attention when i play with the sw35. hope this helps.

7. asdsadas2008

Student
    thanks man, this really helps a lot :)

8. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    Bs12 n sw37 4u shud be ok

9. gundamzaku

working professional
    i read on another thread where someone mentioned that victor market their rackets emphasized on the difference of the frame, so i thought, cool, i'll just get one racket from each model and i'm done. nope, turned out there's difference in balance within the same line so now i'm forced to choose the racket balance i enjoy the most playing since i can't afford every racket :(

10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Do you by any chance can compare SW35 with Spira22?

11. gundamzaku

working professional
    sorry i only compare rackets i have, and i don't have a spira22. someone who has one can contribute???

12. gundamzaku

working professional
    just dropped by Racket Supply this afternoon and found out the replacement of the superwave 35 is probably back to the superwave 30. i was curious why the numbers would go backward but that's what the shop said. i picked up the sw30 and took a few swings and automatically it felt more solid than the sw35. however, because i've gotten used to playing with sw35 i don't think i'm going to switch just because it's discontinued even tho i always retire rackets that's been discontinued.

13. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

yeah it can be the case. SW 36 is headlight and SW 35 is headheavy. The reason is Victor series are not classified according to racquet balance like Yonex (VT/AT=HH, NS/NR=HL). Rather it is based on technology used (sword frame, octablade etc) so it can be confusing for some people.

14. Azuan

Azuan New Member

Banks dealer
    my 2 cents view, spira 21 stiffer than SW35, need extra effort for clearance and stroke but accurate in drive and tapping due to stiffness and slim frame (cmpared to SW35). for power play, SW35 suits well but HH in spira 21 can be a bonus for smashing as well

15. asdsadas2008

Student
    thanks Azuan :)