Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Fanyi.Youdao.com: Free Online Translator for CHN-ENG & Few Other Major Languages

OOT >> btw if one needs the online translator for those Sina Sports links etc, (s)he may try http://fanyi.youdao.com/

just copy n paste the targeted link into the large box at fanyi.youdao site then click the small BLUE button.

Or simply APPEND the targeted link in full at the end of fanyi.youdao link asf:
    http://fanyi.youdao.com/WebpageTranslate?keyfrom=fanyi.web.index&url=

in this instance, the complete link will look like this:
    http://fanyi.youdao.com/WebpageTranslate?keyfrom=fanyi.web.index&url=http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2013-07-17/23346675794.shtml

And remember, if one needs more precise translation (based on character/word/phrase), just try following site:

MDBG Chinese-English Dictionary
    http://www.mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php

This info is intended for BCers who don't read the CHN chars but have interest to read such news, for occasionally still seeing some complaining the posted news links are unreadable when there are free tools to resort to. Just need to throw in some efforts!

#3901 kelana, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Still, the online translation devices are not the best and do often not reveal the spirit of the content. That is why it is always more interesting to read the translation efforts of our own members who are conversant/knowledgeable with the subject, and fluent in both languages. Like Justin L, who has always (and kindly) done an outstanding service to us all in this respect.

3. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    A brief summary is that Lin Dan mention that he maintain his physical training during from till date. initial plan was not to take part in Sudriman and World championship but with the wild card he is caught unprepared (insufficient time to regain his form i guess).

He felt that the intensity of the tournament would be different from the past where he held WR of either 1 or 2 as it would be more intense this time round.

Although he won againt chen long in a training match but he attribute that to wind conditions and Chen long not playing to form.

On LCW declaration on brining his family to celebrated his potential win he only mention that as a top athlete he would know how to perform to his best even when he has fatherhood duties now.

lastly is Lin Dan played down his chances as he said he will do his best in every game.

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    he he he... ofc i won't deny that the machine/auto bot translators can't match the human's fluency (and my sincere appreciation to the many of such kind services done by BCers here)... but again, it's a kind of luxury that's consuming time and effort for such manual labor [thus shouldn't demanded], and whereas such absence prevails, then just resort to above free web resources.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    I am not sure what he is trying to prove. He is already a legend for winning 2 Olympics gold.

If he looses this one. Reputation goes down. Let's hope he can win it. ;)

CL is already 10% down due to respect and psychological thoughts. ;)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    In the latest release of BWF rankings, Lin Dan is ranked 100, up 2 points from last week, with 15,850 points.

Almost exactly a year ago, he was ranked #1.

7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

but that is from a mere of 2 t'ments, have a look of the players just above and below him;
    Code:
    [TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR="class: grid"]
    [TD]Rank[/TD]
    [TD]Country[/TD]
    [TD="width: 64"]Player[/TD]
    [TD="width: 64"]Member ID[/TD]
    [TD="width: 64"]Points[/TD]
    [TD="width: 64"]No of T'ments[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]95[/TD]
    [TD]Denmark[/TD]
    [TD]Rasmus FLADBERG[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]70937[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]16330[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]96[/TD]
    [TD]France[/TD]
    [TD]Lucas CORVEE[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]89416[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]16290[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]13[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]97[/TD]
    [TD]Austria[/TD]
    [TD]David OBERNOSTERER[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]54459[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]16269[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]98[/TD]
    [TD]Estonia[/TD]
    [TD]Raul MUST[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]51531[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]16101[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]99[/TD]
    [TD]Korea[/TD]
    [TD]HONG Ji Hoon[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]53856[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]16060[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]100[/TD]
    [TD]China[/TD]
    [TD]LIN Dan[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]50906[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15850[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]2[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]101[/TD]
    [TD]Chinese Taipei[/TD]
    [TD]Chia-Hsin WAN[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]91977[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15720[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]11[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]102[/TD]
    [TD]India[/TD]
    [TD]Chetan ANAND[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]11691[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15640[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]13[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]103[/TD]
    [TD]England[/TD]
    [TD]Andrew SMITH[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]14078[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15600[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]10[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]104[/TD]
    [TD]Sweden[/TD]
    [TD]Gabriel ULLDAHL[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]42705[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]15145[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]12[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="align: right"]105[/TD]
    [TD]Malaysia[/TD]
    [TD]Wei Sheng LOH[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]99682[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]14940[/TD]
    [TD="align: right"]14[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Yeah, I get that, but I'm just stating the current position, and if he doesn't make his move, he won't get automatic entry into any SS/SSP event from now...

...if at all he intends to really continue...

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    we should protest to bwf by granting him wild card in every pss and ss tournament.
    u see lin dan absent in sc this may,bam lost money:D
    if no lindan,badminton will die:crying:

10. laonong

laonong Regular Member

LD did not plan to play SC and WC this year. But BWF gave him wild card, he had to prepare for this WC. If he can beat CL, it means he is back now. This year's WC may be more exciting than 2011.

11. meribelo

meribelo Regular Member

brutal blind attack? hahahaha.

i'm not using my mind? hahahahaha.

i said: he should not accept wildcard. it's cheap.

if he is already eligible, why does he not use it in wc?

i'm a newbie? hahahahaha.

who will be given a wildcard if he/she is already eligible?

who is stupid here? hahahahaha.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The test is for you to go there http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/126864-LIN-DAN-got-wild-card/page19 and you're advised to do yourself a favour by reading all the posts first before you jump in - it might save you quite a bit of frustration,anger,heartache, and hot air.:D

13. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Your COMPLETE ignorance that there's a particular thread dedicated to such discussion even though some members here have been kind enough to post the thread link to inform you repeatedly indicates you're a mindless newbie in THIS forum in addition to all the stats!
    You're lucky that BC is quite lenient.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Teng Xun sport weibo http://sports.qq.com/a/20130721/000001.htm reported that on the afternoon of July 20th at the Dongfeng Citroen Cup Simulation Match at Qingdao, Lin Dan lost 0-2 to Wang Zhengming.

In spite of this minor setback, Li Yongbo still felt that Super Dan's current form is not bad and remains in the running for the world title.

Although at the earlier training matches, Lin Dan had triumphed over Chen Long and Du Pengyu, but today against Wang Zhengming,he couldn't find his form, was error-prone throughout,and the two sets ended 18-21 and 19-21 in his defeat. In the match,despite the loss, Lin Dan was the center of attraction with the viewers screaming and applauding enthusiastically almost to the point of pandemonium.

Before the start of the simulation match, LYB had, at the Dongfeng Citroen contract renewal ceremony,expressed that Lin Dan has regained his form pretty well, even better than at the London Olympics. He added,"Though Lin Dan this year only played at the BAC'13,his current form is better than what I believe. Generally,for athletes after a half-year break and reaching age 30, very few could recover to their former condition. Except for Lin Dan whose good recovery can be attributed to his professional accomplishments,the way he immerses himself in training since his return is something even the younger ones cannot compare."

LYB continued," Even though Lin Dan hasn't reached his apex at this stage, it's already highly commendable;his capability in stroke play,his attitude and stable mentality,his mastery and control even exceed the London Olympic period,very steady. His handling of the game, calm and unhurried, is completely beyond my expectation such that I won't rule out his possibility of taking the world championship."

On Lin Dan's prospects in the coming world championship,LYB accorded him full recognition. Soon after,the reporters learned from Chen Long that Lin Dan's recent form is indeed not bad so much so that the Sudirman Cup's newly crowned champion(Chen Long) felt ashamed at being inferior to him. However,on the subject of the next Asian Games whether it would turn out to be another one-on-one between Lin Dan and Lee CW,Chen Long said he himself is brimming with confidence in a light-hearted exchange with the reporters and concluded,"My form right now is also very good."

Not long ago,there were news of Lin Dan possibly retiring after the National Games of China, on which LYB expressed that it is not the most important thing,adding that what is most important is that Lin Dan derives joy from the sport. He continued,"No matter how long Lin Dan persists in the game,it's my wish to see him enjoy whatever glory and happiness he can from badminton. At Lin Dan's present age,the amount of time he could enjoy the sport is becoming shorter, once he's made up his mind to play or not to play, I will respect his wishes. If he decides to carry on, I will continue to render him my fullest support and care. We've discussed this many times but never once touched on when he might call it a day; I would never ask him about it, the final say is his."

On the upcoming world championship, LYB indicated a modest target of three gold medals."After the London Olympics,I've been thinking a lot about the team's direction. For each individual event henceforth, it's good enough as long as everybody gives of their best. But for team competitions, nothing less than the crown will do because it's a collective honour. For this coming world championship,the bottomline is three golds, WD,WS,XD,MS and MD, in that order of strength I suppose. As to how many titles we can get, I'm not sure,at heart I think at least three, that should suffice! Of course,it's up to each team member to strive for it, we certainly won't simply let any gold fall on foreign hands willingly."

Apart from Lin Dan gaining everyone's approbation, LYB poked fun at the WC sponsor, Dongfeng Citroen, for providing the official vehicle known as 'Glory Car C5'."The first alphabet for 'Champion' is 'C' and the World Championships has five events in total, so with C5, we've to clean sweep 5 Championships!" From 2010-2012,Team China had a smooth journey, not only gaining a clean sweep of two editions of the WC, still more at the London Olympics completed an unprecedented achievement of 5 championship glory. Faced with such a performance record,LYB is naturally supremely confident.

"In the previous cycle, from '09 India to Paris, to the London WC and then the London Olympics, of the 20 individual world championship titles, China took 19 of them. Won too many golds, some people got angry. For this WC , we'd better not win too many." No doubt said in jest,still we can see that Team China is ready to serve up a sumptuous feast at Guangzhou.

15. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
  17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    In case. ;)

[video=youtube;6ajU1mK2p7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6ajU1mK2p7s#at=930[/video]

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the simulation match, Lin Dan played a controlled game with little explosive attacking shots and made more than the usual uncharacteristic errors to lose in two straight sets to Wang Zhengming who,I've to admit, played quite well.

Caught glimpses of Xue Song, Tian Houwei, among others in the audience.

(The frivolous reporter whose article I translated the other day described the crowd as cheering wildly to the point of bringing the house down was clearly exaggerating - I was somehow misled into carelessly translating the phrase as 'almost to the point of pandemonium').

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What's Lin Dan pointing at? I think I've got the answer now, if I'm not wrong,according to this article which mentioned what happened to him among other things, a very long write-up, so I'd just translate the relevant part http://sports.qq.com/a/20130801/015965.htm - In short, he had leg cramp, not once but twice !

Mountain running at Laoshan (a mountain, 1133 meters above sea level near Qingdao) is part of stamina building which is compulsory every time the national team goes to Qingdao for systematic training. As usual in the past, on 3rd July this so-called "Devilish training" consisted of two rounds of up-and-down mountain running. The first round, Lin Dan and Chen Long were practically able to keep pace with each other to cross the finishing line and ended up fourth among the Men's Singles group.

The second round, long after Du Pengyu, Chen Yuekun, and Chen Long had completed their ascent, only then emerged Lin Dan walking with difficulty as he turned the last corner. All of a sudden, Lin Dan halted, looking in pain. The physical trainer,Li Chun-lei, who was at the mountain-top rushed down to check: Lin Dan having a cramp !

With the help of Li Chun-lei and a reporter supporting him on each side, Super Dan finished walking the final few steps. Yu Yang 's sighing remark best explained it (jokingly): This is really a life-threatening climb.

On the second day of the Laoshan trip, just before the start of the MS group training, Xia Xuanze announced to the team yesterday's result in comparison with the previous mountain running record. 'The life-threatening climb' of Super Dan's second round mountain running consumed nearly 30 minutes, a full six minutes longer than last year's record, not only that, en route he had leg cramp twice.

20. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

Old Man Dan or Lao Lin Dan is coming..........