Badminton Vancouver

Discussion in 'Badminton Vancouver' started by bad-vancouver, Aug 2, 2011.

1. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    @ThisAsianGuy - you still coming out Saturday Sept 15th between 2-4pm? Also check out the GVA thread below...maybe more people will show up.

2. CanucksDynasty

Shoot me a pm or post here if anybody wants to hook up for a game or two tomorrow (Saturday Sept 15th 2-4pm).

3. visor

visor Regular Member

I may just swing by if I'm not in too much pain after playing tonight. :) How many players so far?

4. CanucksDynasty

Don't know. ThisAsianGuy said he'll show (as per his post above). Other than that...:shrug:

5. CanucksDynasty

Got a pm from ThisAsianGuy. He's in. See you guys tomorrow.

6. CanucksDynasty

Thanks ThisAsianGuy and visor for the great games this afternoon.

7. visor

visor Regular Member

Thanx again for setting it up. We'll have to figure out some excuse or plan for you to come out and play once your baby arrives. :D

8. CanucksDynasty

Already got it figured out. :D. After Feb, M-W from 8am-4pm. I just have to take 1 vacation day and spend it at the badminton courts. It's a vacation away from work and family ;)

9. ThisAsianGuy

ThisAsianGuy Regular Member

Student
    Thanks guys, for letting me play and giving me pointers. Hopefully next time I won't be so bad... but i did have fun. Once again thank you and hope to do it again.

10. bad-vancouver

bad-vancouver Regular Member

awwwww....I missed out on seeing you guys, too bad, I work at night nowadays :(

11. bad-vancouver

solibad_uk.jpg

http://www.solibad.net/en/index.php

Solidbad Badminton Flashmob this Saturday September 29th at Badminton Vancouver. This is a great charity cause.

All of us here at BV are throwing our support behind the cause. We want this to be the biggest Solibad flashmob in all of Canada. Badminton Vancouver is giving out a gift card to all of the participants in the flashmob good for one free drop in. So clear your calendars for this Saturday!!

More details to follow shortly

12. bad-vancouver

The videographer has been booked for the flashmob, we'll be filming from multiple angles. I hope everyone is excited and is planning to come down to help a good cause as well as pick up their free Badminton Vancouver drop in card. Flashmob starts this saturday, 12 noon so be there a lil early.

13. CanucksDynasty

Taking my little one to the Disney Store this weekend. :( Take lots of pics and videos. :D Maybe I'll recognize some of them. :p

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Good luck with the flash mob and I hope people turn out in droves.

15. bad-vancouver

16. bad-vancouver

Test Your Might Night.jpg

Join us on Friday Competitive night at Badminton Vancouver 8 - 11pm. Lots of competitive badminton, prizes and just a great night of badminton.

17. bad-vancouver

phy1.jpg phy2.jpg

Our largest turnout to Badminton Vancouver's "Test your Might" night yet! Top picture is the winner of the men's open doubles category. Yes, that is Phyllis Chan, gold medalist from the Pan Am games; winner of the MEN"S category. Test your might every Friday night at Badminton Vancouver and win $50. Call 604.325.5128 to register; mixed doubles and men's doubles still plenty of room.

18. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Finally have a chance to drop by BV over the Remembrance Day long weekend, have to agree it is a beautiful facility; lighting need sometime to adjust to, something brighter for my handicap eyes will makes it much easier, nevertheless it is fine after 15mins or so once my eyes get used to it.

Unlike some of my playing partners, I personally quite enjoy the flooring as I grow up playing on stuff that is much harder.

However, the drop-in system need to be refine; I guess the supervisor need to pay more attention on the court/player rotation. I sat for a good 45mins without able to get on a court and there are players on court that wouldn't come off after over half an hour; I end up just pack my bag and leave after 2 hours in the drop-in section with just 3 games played.

It is delighted to see a beautiful facility filled with enthusiastic players. But as for now, I would likely stick to a couple other facilities that I am familar with as drop-in play time are better managed.

Cheers

Ted

19. Tommii

Tommii Regular Member

I do agree with you on the statement you made about the drop in system. As right now, bv is new and from my perspective haven't figured out a new drop in system because they never peaked a full house. As winter is coming by, more and more players are dropping in. I've talked to one of the amazing owners at bv (Dave) and hopefully try to one, free up at least four courts as two is ultimately not enough. I wish for them to inherit clearone, s drop in system with a twist of adding count down clocks to the ones that are for drop in. Days that lessons are on seriously makes it hard to free up courts until 5pm. Until then, it will bring two courts without a legit supervised plan.(Person experience) I usually find myself sitting in the proshop or to sit and literally do nothing until 5pm strokes the clock. People are too greedy to switch and usually a group of friends like 8 will only alternate between each other. Really ticks me off because before I did my habit, I would ask them to let me play after their done but they tell me that their friends are next. So I told them that I will take the court after them and when I come back, the same group of kids come back and claims the court and I told them that I was next, but they were ignorant and said that their friends were next AGAIN. I think it's the people themselves that have to manage and to create the system. Clearone doesn't keep track of it until a problem occurs.

20. bad-vancouver

BUNDLES GIFTSX.jpg full page loyalty.jpg

Give the gift of a healthy lifestyle to a loved one or to yourself! Great savings to be had..

#560 bad-vancouver, Nov 20, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012