Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually in the history books Lin Dans win in Asian Games and CJ gold in the world championships 2010, will probably be more important..

I think 2011 may be the year for LCW! He's been trying so hard to catch LD and giving it the all to reah LDs level of play. He has been getting closer and closer, and with the hunger to become "real" number one, pushes him even further.. Apart from LD he has surpassed ALL other players, and it seems like LD is relaxing and starting to think of his retirement from now on, so focus is not 100%. As LD may be slipping LCW mey be dominant 2011 (WC and possibly grand slam at premier superseries), and with renewed self confidence he will be hungry for London 2012 :)

/Twobeer

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Huh? What's a world champion? You mean like CJ? So what sort of standard is a world champion to lose to or not dare to play LCW?

But WZM is also a dream to look at. Probably gotta wait 3 or 4 years for him to be WR1. The female fan base will be unlimited!

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

At least CJ can win the WC. He might bit be playing well at the moment, but that can be perhaps down to the injury he sustained when he played Tien Chou Chen of TPE, in China SS. How on earth can you say that CJ deliberatly lost to WZM, that's quite disrespectful towards WZM. I am pretty sure that LYB would have made this match a fair match, seeing as this tournament has the most prize money, and also the fact that he will probably want to assess WZM to see what he is like against the other top players in tournaments.

WZM has tons of potential, and he has great coaches and facilities as well as sparing partners, so that his talent can be fully utilized.

In a few years, I would expect WZM, Tago, Pisit (from Thailand) and Axelsen to be the ones who are pushing for titles, as well as Evert, from Indonesia, and H.S. Prannoy from India. As well as a few other Juniors players that are coming through the ranks.

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

As you well know, the prize money portion doesn't factor into whether CBA/LYB deems a tournament important or not. Their goals have been been well documented–win the majors, culminating in OG gold in 2012. All other tournaments are stepping stones and experiments for them to achieve their objective. While you're noble in suggesting WZM is being disrespected, it's more than likely he's been given a free pass as part of the bigger picture. Sorry to say you're fighting a losing battle.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So was BCL vs DPY fixed as well ? (actually this is more likely with the record that BCL has against Tago, DPY seemed and proved to be the better choice)

I still think WZM won with some sort of fairness though. If you look at his performance today against LCW, he was only 2 points away from taking LCW the full distance. Maybe CJ was advised to "take it easy" bearing in mind he is coming back from an injury.

Anyway he has tons of potential (WZM) and I am sure he will win some GP events this year.

Off topic: look how strong the draw is this week, WZM is 35 in the world and he still had to go through qualification !

6. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

If you read up records or books on badminton achievements they will always use as benchmarks the Olympics or World championships to commemorate past champions .That's why these are the tournaments all players want to win.
    They will not compile a list of BWF world no 1.
    I think the current world no,.1 in WD are the Taiwanese pair.LCW has won so many SS in a row, he is the SS king,but it won't
    be recorded in history records as it is currently not a method of measurement officially.

Its sth like one may be the best employee in the world but the boss may not recognise one's efforts and put one in the highest positions because one doesn't have the paper qualifications.

I think it is a waste of time to argue who is better , over a period of years LD has been able to accumulate titles to reach his legendary status (as explained by 2 Beer), LCW is the king at the moment and is trying to get at least a biggie to add his name to the list of legends. LD is past his prime but is still able to give scintillating displays once in a while because he is unique in skills,reading and anticipation, his achievements at present have trickled off but he has previous official records to back his legendary status.
    WZM may look good against LD but he may not fare well against other players.

#186 Bbn, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    In my opinon, Wang Zhengming not even at the level of chen jin and chen long.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    They are all official records

The World No.1 title is for the most consistent winner of all tournaments played in the last 12 months.

The Olympic Games Champion title is for the player who have won in that one event. And so is the World Championships Games title.

All these titles are different. They are all official records.

The best is for a player to hold all these titles (and many others) :):):)

#188 chris-ccc, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    200% agree with this
    i dont think he have tons of potential

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    It's looks like thread starter could be right,

wzm could be the next super king of china among the younger players:)

My opinion of course, he just got more points from lcw than dpy or cl :D

11. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

You miss my point, when people want to do some background study of past greats, they will look at World's records,

Olympics, and even the AE. I am not aware of a table that ranks players by their ranking at year end over the years, maybe BWF has one.

I am not belittling all these rankings , just which records people tend to refer to in the first instance.

All I am saying is if people do that, certain names may be missing and others prominent.

12. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I do think WZM is even close ( in level) with Chen Long..after LD, I do not think that I will see any better player from China for a while..
    after April, LD needs to play more and wont be easy to dominate like he used to be...will be interesting tow atch to se how many tournaments he will play during qualification

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Wang reaches the 2nd rd of the AE tournament, a milestone. Will it be the QF as well?

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

A very good chance for him to reach the QF. He's up against kazushi yamada from Japan

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2011 All England SSP Round 2: The Kazushi Yamada-vs- Wang Zhengming match

Kazushi Yamada is in top form.

Yesterday, he defeated Taufik Hidayat [2] in Round 1 easily, with scores of 21-10, 21-14 in just 31 minutes.

I will guess that KZ could defeat WZM today (at the 2011 All England SSP Round 2).

16. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Kazushi YAMADA (JAP) beat Zhengming WANG (CHN): 21-15 19-21 21-16

It seems like WZM still has a long way to go....

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wow, can't believe he lost to KY of Japan.. yeah, way to go for this guy it seems

18. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Yes WZM still has a long way. He still cant get a hold of consistency. He may be able to paly well and beat a senior one day, but lose to a junior the next. He still need 2 more years to mature. The current Chinese juniors are different from previous ones. BCL and LD were already vanquishing the chasers of the top guns when they came in to the scene in 2002. By 2003 they were considered good enough tot beat the top 3 in the world consistenly ( CH, XXZ, PG and WCH who were still in their prime). At least China shouldnt worry because thier juniors are doing better than the countries' juniors. They would dominate the honor rolls 2 years from now when LD and LCW finally retires.

19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

So far no one has given any real credit to Yamada. If he makes the semis, everyone will notice.

Japan seems to be developing well .

20. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

WZM still has a long way to go.........