Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

2. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    gold or not, nothing to lose to him...:D

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    But my heart goes to Chong Wei especially when he has to suffer so much uncertainties during the past year or so and as recently as about two months ago. Good luck LCW!

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LCW not expecting to beat CL or even not medal, may be the blessing in disguise for him. Unless his injury is not healed, then he could be handicapped or the injury recurr, then he is done. If he is fit this time, I would rate him the most dangerous with far less pressure (no longer WR1) and less expectation (as some chaps said CL will beat the crap out of him or Simon will knock him silly) to win the gold cookie. The rest after the injury may be what LCW needs. I take LD to win but I sure would not count out Dato. Let's see his round 1 performance...

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    This pic is up for a caption contest, now. Please send in your captions within the next 24 hours.

[​IMG]

8. superchop

superchop Regular Member

LCW 3 v 1

Check this out
    LCW 3 v 1 at Bath University.
    [video=youtube;HhEmyjcW-RQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhEmyjcW-RQ[/video]

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    ankle looks fine there...

10. victory

victory Regular Member

True.True. Good days and bad days alternate. You never know. Even the powerful Japan has lost 20 years of growth! So there is no certainty for trade dependent small countries like Malaysia and Singapore.

My young cousin needs to bang on the walls to learn more I guess. Ha! old folks like you will just sit at the side and watch I guess.:)

By anyway, since this is LCW thread. Lets wish LCW luck, he needs it.

11. victory

victory Regular Member

I am always a big fan of LCW but I am not expecting anything from him this time.

Two months ago, I got in touch with someone close to LCW. He said his personal opinion is LCW should not participate OG because his condition is that bad at that time. His reasoning is as World number one , you don't go there to just participate the game. You will be expected to win something. LCW will not have the time to be 100% fit to win even if he is lucky enough to heal on time. This is top level game. one has to be extremely fit to play and win. I think his reasoning make sense.

But knowing Malaysia, I guess LCW are persuaded to go because he carry the expectation of the country and BAM. BAM officials don't care if LCW will be blamed for losing or having another injury. Let's face it, there will always be somebody that do not understand and blame LCW. I guess BAM will want him to at least try to produce " some"results. If not their heads will probably be rolling on the floor after the game.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Olympics: Malaysia pins hopes on shuttlers

By Melissa Goh | Posted: 26 July 2012 1456 hrs

KUALA LUMPUR: As the countdown to the London Olympics begins, Malaysians everywhere will be hoping that their badminton shuttler Lee Chong Wei can bring home his first Olympic gold medal.

Despite his ankle injury, Lee is still the best hope for Olympic gold within the Malaysian squad.

The world's top-seeded shuttler is turning 30 this year.

He's maintaining his busy training schedule despite the torn ankle tendon he sustained at the Thomas Cup over a month ago.

Having won a silver medal in the men's singles at the 2008 Beijing games, he said the London Olympics will be his last chance for gold.

"I am not fully recovered, my leg is still painful at times but I will continue to train because the match is fast approaching... but I don't want to worry too much, I will focus to win. I hope I can do better than a silver this round and win a gold medal," he said.

Malaysia is a badminton nation. Capturing the elusive gold medal at the Olympics has always been the nation's dream ever since badminton was first included as a medal sport in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics.

That year, Malaysia won a bronze medal in the men's doubles, through brothers Rasif and Jalani Sidek

Four years later in Atlanta, Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Kin Hock bagged Malaysia's first Olympic silver medal in the men's doubles.

Former Olympian Rasif Sidek believes that Lee still has a fighting chance to defeat his arch rival, China's Lin Dan.

"If he can reach the final, it will be a 50-50 chance. He's played against Lin Dan so many times, hopefully Lin is not in good form," he said.

"The one who's calmer will stand a better chance of winning because in terms of our standards and techniques as well as stamina, we are more or less the same. It all depends on our performance that day," said Lee.

Also capable of pulling off a surprise in London are men's doubles partners Tan Boon Heong and Koo Kien Keat, currently ranked 8th in the world.

"We were defeated by opponents whom we'd never lost to before. It wasn't because we were overly confident, it's because we did not fully appreciate and value the opportunities that were given to us," said Tan.

Hoping to take full advantage of their very first Olympic opportunity will be partners Goh Liu Ying and Chan Peng Soon.

Whilst Malaysia is well-represented in the Olympic Badminton event, the entire nation is hoping they can serve up medal winning performances.

- CNA/cc

13. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    lets give dato a break la, dont push him too much i dont want to see him hangout at bridge with ah chai later on.

we should push KKK/TBH, these guys are too much into comfort zone and KKK still afford to play his trick shot during huge competition...can someone remains him that not anymore a talent shows...

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    "I like it, aha, aha...

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

"If he can reach the final, it will be a 50-50 chance. He's played against Lin Dan so many times, hopefully Lin is not in good form," he said.

Lol..........Rahsid always like to talk something foolish..........totally brainless !!

16. flite

flite Regular Member

To me his footwork looks a little weird from what it used to be. Maybe because he is wary of the injury and practice caution during training.

It seems like he is a little reluctant to lift his right foot off the ground esp. during changes of directions to avoid any strain to the ankle and instead he drags it. This is obvious at 0:38-0:40.

17. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
  18. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    we can only see his real colour when it comes to 2nd or 3rd round. Everything is speculation now.

Who knows, maybe CL will win it in if he goes to the finals coz, he got nothing the loose. The gold is China to collect anyway. ;)

19. flite

flite Regular Member

Look at his right foot at 0:41 when he is retreating. Overall his movement is not fluid.

I hoped it was a decoy but after all it wasn't. Anyway good spirit he has there. Looks like he is not under too much pressure and was enjoying the session with some light moment with TSB.

Wish him all the best.

#8459 flite, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    It is his last hurrah in OG. Every Malaysian or his fans would wish him well. ;)