Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    The problem with KKK is he depends too much on fancy play. You can clearly see that after winning a point with a fancy stroke, he pumps up his fist, and then for the rest of game, he thinks that he has won it, just because of that fancy point. That is why it's win one point, lose a few more points, win one point, lose bloody few more.

2. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    I reckoned that this kind of frustration outpouring from majority here is also because TBH's a freaking torpedo with his smashes and just because KKK wants to show off and be a hero, TBH is sacrificed. I mean, if you want to be a hero and be responsible for all your own consequences, go and play singles. When you play doubles, you have a responsibility and you owe it to your partner also, not only yourself. If you want to throw away the game, go play singles. And for those are easily contented this type of wasteful and unprofessional attitude, go to a kindergarten badminton forum. There's it's politically and ethically correct to give them a chance and a pat on the back even though their play is horrendous, because they're in kindergarten. Back over here, it's the SS. If I were LCW, I'd give his best man a kick in the butt. It's for his own good, believe me.

Furthermore, FHF/CY was not even at the 90% form, 80% to be lenient. And our boys couldn't manage to take a game off them. KKK has to kick off this habit of thinking winning a point with a fancy play and thinks that he has won the game! It's not a one point game!

3. julianng

julianng Regular Member

and 21 points for shouting in your opponents face after winning a rally with a fancy shot.

he surely win every super series title this way...

--------

#2143 julianng, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    so funny reading all the comments...
    during the HKO final, when KKK/TBH started superbly or CY/FHF havent really settle down
    they managed to lead at 10-4 or something???:confused::confused: I can see that KKK is so proud and
    happy as few of his tricks is working and the spectators seems happy...
    then the downfall started with few silly mistakes from him and the rest i think we can guess the endings already :D:D

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Well, now that Cai/Fu failed to score enough points for the SS finals next month, and Ko/Lee is too new to get enough points, the only serious obstacle for Koo/Tan for the championship would be their old nemesis BoeMo. Hope they come up with a good strategy. ;)

6. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I beg to differ... yes, they already commit to split if cannot make it to WC2013 but this is not the first time they are given the chance. If you can remember, I think they are given so so so many chances even during Rexy time and yet they still did not take advantage of it. I remember everytime when they lost terribly, the newspaper will always tell us that they will try their best in the next tournament, that they will put down their past and prove it in the next tournament... many many times already. If they knew eventually they will get old, then they should have made more money during their prime and during their younger days... now is kinda too late. Courage to commit? I think that is not courage. I think they themselves knew if they are to split, they might not even be able to enter anymore semifinals and finals and they are not young anymore. Would you like to risk it? If BAM wants to split them, it should have been few years back and not after 2013...

7. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    KKK says he will leave the BAM campus if splitted. The question here is, do you think TBH will follow suit? TBH has his career to think of also. As for KKK, what do you think his fortunes are after leaving?:confused:

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Player power again.

9. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I think KKK likes the attention...

everytime he logs in to BC to read threads like 'KKK going downhill' or 'KKK better without rexy' he likes to see comments that 'he plays too fancy' or 'he plays spectacular shots but keep losing' he gets satisfied that he attracted all the attention to himself....

so what we should do is give reverse negative comments like 'his shots are so lousy...' or 'even my grandmother could hit better...' , only then he would play the opposite of what we comment on BC... sounds like a plan ?

------------

#2149 julianng, Nov 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  10. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Showboating again and not having the belief they could win. As soon as CY/FHF started to get in the ascendancy KKK/TBH seemed defeated. But it was a blistering start. KKK/TBH need to be able to change their game plan as they are just scrapping by using flamboyant shots.

11. maxout

maxout Regular Member

He cab be a badminton clown like the Harlem Globetrotters - badminton equiv - He will be RICH
    :D

12. visor

visor Regular Member

There's nothing wrong with showboating and flamboyance... when it works. ;)

During the Ko/Lee vs Koo/Tan match at the French Open, Gill Clark commented that Koo is the most creative and entertaining player, noting that no one else plays the shots he does. All the while, you can hear the crowd totally enjoying the match, with multiple racket exchanges, many behind the back and between the leg shots, one or two full pirouette shots, several sitting on the ground shots.

I know I enjoyed it. :D
    More so than the usual same old boring smashfest of BoeMo and CaiFu. :p

13. danielwong

Salesman
    if his objectives of going into a match is to entertain, then is fine

14. maxout

maxout Regular Member

But when REPRESENTING MALAYSIA, we expect them to be serious and TO TRY and WIN ... if they want to go showboating and play fancy trick-shots ... GO INDEPENDENT, don't represent Malaysia ! :mad:

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Like some others have suggested, perhaps BWF should consider changing the points system to give extra points for style and creative shots like between the legs and full pirouttes. :p :D

16. danielwong

Salesman
    we can always add another new name to the sport
    badmintonrama....like those Rhythmatic Gymnastics :D:D
    if i am not wrong...this event can get cert one

17. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Yeah. KKK can do this against weak opponents or when leading by a mile.
    It really pisses a lot of people off when he does it and it does not work.

I think if we take this part of his game out, his performance will go down.

Talking about BoeMo, their recent match against Koo/Tan was one of the most boring I have ever witnessed. BoMoe were just winning points off service.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

When BoeMo are on fire, as they were in China Open, the rallies are non existent as they have the first 3 shots down perfect and nothing gets past the server. And when it does, the rear guy just pounds it down and that's the end of it. Very clinical but boring. :)

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

KKK can reach atleast the semi finals of the SS finals in december if he plays like the last 3 months....

BoMo should take the SS final title if they are fully prepared... the question is if the KOR pairs are still motivated enough to try and steal the title away from BoMO next month... I think they can... but it requires a really good fight from Lee Yong Dae...

20. danielwong

Salesman
    but I think LYD is not even in the SS final, am I right???