Nanoray Z Speed vs Voltriz Z Force

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bSM45, Sep 22, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

10 hrs of practice and play, doesn't matter. Just concentrate on hitting the bird crisply and accurately.

2. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

I'll try it. I think I've had at least 6-7 hours of play with it already, since our tournament was all one day.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    If you compare the shape of the racket head to a normal one, you'll notice that the part where you're supposed to hit the shuttle is the same. So if you're hitting the frame, I hate to tell you but it's not the racket.

The sweetspot is high, so you really do need to take the shuttle earier than you normally do or you'll hit the lower part of the head where it actually IS smaller than normal.

4. heeroyuy

heeroyuy Regular Member

bSM45, you just need to spend more time to adapt to 4u VTZF. Keep in mind that VTZF is a demanding racquet, so you cannot expect your racquet will magically fit with your playstyle on 1st day... give yourself about 2-3 weeks to get used to the timing first, and then try to figure out which skill you need to adjust: clear/smash/dropshot/net play.

Good luck! :)

#84 heeroyuy, Oct 7, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  5. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

I think that's what I'm hitting, the lower part. I don't want to blame the racket at all, I'll know once I get my old racket back from stringing though. For now, I'm going to keep playing and using it.

6. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    a few players already start selling Z speed after 2 weeks trial...another tough racket with high stiffness which too much to handle by normal players???

7. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    it was same as VTZF at the early production... everybody seem to complain about the stiffness... to me it depends on the user

8. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    Can anyone compare the sweet spot between the zforce and zspeed? I know zforce has a pretty small sweet spot. Unfortunately, I know no one who has the zspeed, but the comments here aroused me with the urge of getting one. It seems like a very powerful racket, lesser stiffness and could generate more power than zforce.

9. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

well the zspeed frame is definately smaller.(1-2mm difference from every point of the racquet) but yonex boast about the increased sweet spot with the zspeed. i do find the sweet spot abit smaller though compared to the z force, however everything is much snappier and definately can generate great power with the wrist

10. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

z speed , really tough racket , even me . need some more time to get fully used to it . also , yes the z speed generates damn great power with the right wrists . if you want to get one , string it with ashaway zymax or yonex bg66 ultimax (not that durable) .

11. brightsoul

brightsoul New Member

insurance
    My opinion

Hai guys i find your topic quite intriguing.

I want to share my opinion about both of these rackets. :)

So i am from Indonesia and im 21 Years Old. I have been playing badminton for 15 Years.
    At least i know what a good racket is for my play style.

So actually i am a single player but nowadays i also play double with my friend. So here is my opinion.
    Voltric Z force is my racket right now and i use 3U and my string tension is 28. The racket is pretty good for me it has power and control. I use this racket to play single and double and in my opinion this racket can handle both field. I like it although it is quite head heavy and stiff but if you have good wrist then it is no problem for you.
    In double of course you need to play fast and mostly do alot of drive. This racket can handle it, but if you dont have a good wrist it might tire you alot. The reason is the head of this racket is quite heavy and not that fast to swing, but the after impact is really stable so the racket is fast to recover to its original form.

So what about the z speed? well actually i havent tried this racket and play with it but i ever grip it and try to swing it a little bit (of course it is not my racket hehe) and i can feel a resemblance to Z slash(i own this rackuet also). I dont know why but somehow it feel heavy like Voltric Z force but after you swing it, the stiffness resemble Z slash alot. Z slash is my favorite racket actually before it broke(too high string tension and hit at the wrong spot). The racket is very very very stiff but if you have the right wrist power and sweet spot i believe it can generate so much power from it and i can feel it. It is very fast to swing and very good to play double with and i also can sense this racket can be used for single also, because of its power(similar to z slash) and weight. Still if you dont have strong wrist this racket might not be suitable for you. :)
    I have a little bit concern about Z slash also i dont know why but i can sense that the control is not as good as Voltric Z force, but thats the only concern for me hehe.

I ordered this racket and this late month i will receive it (from Japan) and i really want to try it out. i will give more feedback after i try it out .

Hope my opinion is usefull for you guys :)
    and.... sorry my english is really bad T_T

12. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=113419]brightsoul[/MENTION]
    Welcome and tks for the input!

You're right abt the faster recovery time of the ZF vs ZS and ZSPD. It's due to the higher shaft stiffness of the ZF allowing the head to rebound and recover faster.

13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    No it's because people were expecting a Nanoray and instead got a Z-Slash II.

14. yeahehehehe

Well , a Z Slash 2 isnt so bad after all :)

15. bSM45

bSM45 Regular Member

Giving this an update, I can finally use this racket effectively, and I'm ripping my smashes. They've never been better. They key was patience and perseverance for me pretty much. I've had the racket for maybe almost a month, and had close to 50 hours of play with it. Thanks everyone for recommending it, it's amazing honestly once you get used to it!

* I got a small dent on the top part returning a heavy smash :( * Every chip is agonizing lol.

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Whe you're paying for a Nanoray it is...

17. yeahehehehe

Congrats , im very happy i helped you out a little :)

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I think if I was Yonex, I'd release a Nanoray "990" using the same head design as the Z-Speed...but minus the flex points....and make it with a BP of around 290. That should make the Nanospeed lovers happy, yeah?

No?

What about if it's black with copper bits?

:)

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Absolutely not [​IMG]^^. "990" just spells "Made in Taiwan" (NR900 first, then NR999 as it's replacement). Secondly: who wants to play badminton with a pinpong bat on a stick? Such a small head simply compromises defense, as Mark A found out (to no surprise at all ;)). You have mentioned the top of the frame is as wide as a normal iso but every pic I've seen so far on top of anything else tells me even that part is smaller/narrower [​IMG] But no harm in making that the next Z-Flash...

Perhaps a NR800 with a beefed up head through some magical material or graphene even.

#99 demolidor, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    No, you're totally wrong. :) The top half of the NRZS is exactly the same as a 'Standard' ISO racket. I have had one in my hands and compared it to 4 racket I had in my racket bag. It's a clever design because it's smaller only in the part of the racket which really doesn't do that much.

Is it a perfect design? No, but the potential is there. It's by far the smartest small ISO design yet.

#100 Maklike Tier, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013