Victor Meteor X90 ( MX90 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Apr 26, 2013.

1. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I can finally confirm that Victor Europe will be selling MX90 when it arrives. So we will also have it in UK.

At the moment i cannot confirm any dates but being honest I wouldn't expect to see them on sale before Xmas.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

2. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    it is that long?

3. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

4. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Any news about release date? :s

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    in Asia it is already been release

6. Deity

Deity Regular Member

Awww :( im guessing its going to be released in NA soon? In less than a week maybe?

7. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    No news as of yet. The new rackets were supposed to be available at the end of August/beginning of September, but the launch got delayed (at least for Canada).

8. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Shinichi ... Brunei is the first country to have MX90 (green color). The people who already bought it is very lucky.

The green version would be a good investment to the future, considering Victor officially announces the MX90 in white color

Whilst for other asian (among other, china, taiwan, japan, indonesia, malaysia, singapore and thailand) countries, MX90 (white color) has yet to available in the market

:)

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    too bad we don't have badminton online store yet

10. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Does anybody have links to pics of the white version and green version? I'm very curious about it. I only know the white/black version with green accents. Thank you. :)

11. Notorious544d

Notorious544d Regular Member

Student (college)
    The black/white/gold colour scheme looks really nice IMO.

I absolutely cannot wait for this racket to become available!!

12. Deity

Deity Regular Member

I thought it was only going to be green so i stacked up green strings + green grips. Turns out theres variations :c

13. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Notorious

The racket will be available in Europe and UK. So expect to see this racket in 2014 catalogue. At the moment Europe does not have delivery dates bearing in mind the racket is not yet available in most countries.

Paul

14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Is UK outside Europe?;) Thanks Paul for sharing your Infos. It's sad that Victor need so much time for most releases. The Specs and pics about the racket are since 2 month available. If it takes 3-5 month for the release it's really bad marketing. Maybe typically taiwanese marketing. When it comes to releases, Yonex and Li Ning makes better marketing.

15. Notorious544d

Notorious544d Regular Member

Student (college)
    I am aware that the European date has been delayed since I read one of your posts which talked about the differences between Victor international and Victor Europe.

Still doesnt stop me from getting excited though :D
    Also, its great that youll get a sample way before the release date, so reviews will be out before thw racket is even on sale - which is great!

Something ive been wondering though is that if the MX90 is aleady available in selected countries, why has there not been any hands on experiences and reviews?

16. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Seems to be the exact same problem as when the thruster k8000 was released. A crap load of hype and nada for distribution.

17. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Personally I don't understand all of the reasons why there seems delays between one continent and another.

I assume the time delays are based around production scheduling and delivery. Europe has to receive samples and then decide on which frames they are taking. From here, once the order is placed no doubt there is a time lag before production commences. After that shipping takes weeks. So, from start to finish I am estimating a 3-4 month time lag.

There were longer delays of previous frames because of naming issues which meant new decals had to be printed and introduced into the system. I've no idea how long this took but bear in mind this would have been after legals took place which probably accounted for most of the time delays.

At times I wonder whether Victor would be better off having a complete lock down on information that players are hungry for. Yonex seems to be better at keeping the lid on new racket information prior to release. This allows more time to manufacture the rackets and have them ready for distribution.

Maybe this is where Victor need to tighten up. Then, you receive information prior to launch and don't have to wait so long before the new rackets are in the shops.

Please remember I am making assumptions here and do not have the full facts.

2014 should be very exciting for Victor fans based on what I've seen so far. I can't wait. But sadly i can't tell you anymore! Sorry.

Paul

18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Your assumptions really make sense for the European side as it's been known for victor to have naming issues for past rackets but what really gets me is what the hell is wrong on the Asian front?

19. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    The simple answer could be that rackets are made in batches based on country. If they are all coded this makes sense. However, I wonder whether there is an element of those countries who order the most get theirs first?

Why Brunei was chosen for the green MX90's is anyones guess.

As i get to know Victor i may understand more about the processes behind the manufacture and time delays. However, it does suggest to me that too much information is leaked too early before the manufacturing begins. That said, it could be there are only small tester batches released initially. These find their way onto the forum and we all think they are in mass production when in fact there hasn't been a decision to release onto the market.

This sampling system is not uncommon because if a racket doesn't play well then why have several thousand made and sat in a warehouse? So, by heavily sampling, this provides greater indicaters regarding potential demand. Then, when orders are placed from each country, the rackets are made to order.

Paul