Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Sohubuy is legit, just cause bigshow sells at same price doesn't mean that sohubuy is fake...

2. michaelbyz23

michaelbyz23 Regular Member

Student
    okay thanks. i should have just ordered from sohuy then. thanks :)

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Because SohuBuy sells those imported from Taiwan for $158 and BigShow365 sells those allegedly imported from and for Japan for the same price (probably trying to create a false sense of legitimacy by price matching?) :D. And it is common knowledge around here that Taiwan has some of the cheapest prices in the world for Yonex and Japan one of the most expensive also due to the current exchange rates ...

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    That ebay (bigshow) is clearly a fake. The Voltric 80 comes with a full case (shaped like a coffin sorta) with the words Voltric on it. That website has a lint bag and crappy box. If you notice...the Yonex symbol on the bag and box also looks crappy. And he claims to be selling JP version to boot for only $158. That's about $70 difference from a real JP version of the racket sold in JAPAN!!!!

Sohobuy is selling TW and SP version of the racket and is priced around $165. Which is around the norm from what I've seen on other reputable online sites.

5. CanucksDynasty

Played singles again last night. This time winning 3-1 games. Played 2 games each with my 2 rackets: VT80LTD w/ BG66UM and VT80 w/ BG80. I had better net play with the BG66UM and better smashes with the BG80. What to do, what to do :confused:.

The HangYu shuttles were great again. Good flight and durability. Lasted about 1-1.5 games. So pretty good bang for the buck so far. Bought at Yumo Pro for $20 (I think). The only thing I noticed was that the shuttle seemed a bit slower than the RSL shuttles I had used a few weeks ago.

6. wiwi86

wiwi86 Regular Member

student
    sohubuy isnt selling at very cheap price. i checked the conversion from USD -> SGD, it's around $214 for voltric 80. that doesnt include shipping. i used the shipping calculator and put in 500g/parcel and by air, the shipping is already $65 to singapore. total cost for the racket is 214 + 65 which adds up to 279. this price is way higher than shops which sell badminton rackets in singapore.

unless i made a calculation error somewhere, please advise. thanks

7. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

G4 vs G5 grip size

I brought a digital kitchen scale to the shop recently and measured a batch of Voltric 80 LTD, all in 3U weight with a few G4 and a few G5 grip sizes.

My finding is that all of them are pretty consistently weighing at 89gm, with the G5 ones being 1.5mm more head heavy than the G4 ones.

I am guessing that this is due to the amount of stock grip which has been factory installed onto the racquets; the G5 ones have smaller grip diameter which means a less amount of stock grip will have to be used to cover the wooden handle compared to the G4 ones. It is very plausible that if I measure all of the G4 and G5 racquets with the stock grip stripped to the bare wooden handle all of them could have the same balance point with the G5 ones weighing a few 0.X (probably less than 0.5) grammes more than the G4 ones.

I will be expecting a similar trend with the non-LTD VT80 racquets.

So in other words there is no quantifiable difference between the G4 and G5 VT80 racquets, other than the fact that some people (such as me) will be more comfortable with the thicker G4 and some others with smaller hands will be more comfortable with the thinner G5. There should not be a reason for anyone to recommend the smaller G5 size "because there is a certain indefinable property with the smaller grip size", especially to those who are comfortable with the G4 grip size.

8. Limited328

Limited328 Regular Member

Which Hangyu shuttles did you use because there are many different classes of them.

9. CanucksDynasty

It was HangYu Tourney No.1.

10. tigerlam92

tigerlam92 Regular Member

Just got another VT80 3UG5 and loving it. Using it with BG80 and towel grip. Playing 14-17 hours a week without major pains just very slight soreness.

Secondly, I asked for 23lbs but believe it's actually 25lbs and it feels great. I am going to start stringing at 25lbs again then increase it one lb at a time to find my ideal tension.

cheers
    Hugh

11. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

hi there i need some ideas an advice...before this i already use ti10,amt 600,700,800 ,ns8000,arc8dx,ns9900, arc z slash,vt70 and last vt80 3u...

my problem is my hand quite slow i mean my swing,especialy in defends department, is it this because of heavy racket or myself..i try to change to lighter racket but i dont know which racket i should buy..vt80 is the best racket so far i have...
    pls give me some advice what i should do...either i change to other racket or else...
    thanks....

12. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

what are you pros at? singles or doubles?

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Victor MX80, Li-Ning N77-II, Li-Ning Windstorm 650 , Panda Power Precision etc. All better alternatives with more dynamic flex!

14. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

VT80 maybe the best racket you have but its probably not the bestracket for you. what is your play style? power or placement?

You dun have to switch to a light head racket, VT80's defence is slightly slower due to its very heavy head. looking at the history of your rackets, try to remember which ones you play best with and choose a new racket with similar qualities. (keep note on its flexibility too).

but if you have to choose one now, MX80 is a pretty good all rounder, especially if you're used to stiff rackets.

good luck :D

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

isn't the MX80 stiffer than the VT80? i don't personally own a MX80 but that's my impression from reading the forums.

16. bunbun

bunbun Regular Member

thanks for your advise...give me another 2 or 3 days played with it...i mean nanoray..last time i already want to but mx 80 but..i am yonex fan..so i decide to bought yonex also...my freiend i think have mx 80...maybe i will try my freinds mx 80 tonight...
    anyway thanks sir...

17. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

Finally VT80 3U G4 in US

Awesome !! .. feel like I am having an extended arm with high accuracy and swiftness. Need some time to get the most of its power.

18. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    Just bought VT80 LTD 4U... can't wait to try it out at tomoro nite... when holding it.. the feels is better than holding arcsaber 10 PG 3U..

19. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Got one VT80LTD last week also. Have the 4U-G4 version, but again strung with BG65. Felt about the same as the normal one, so I don't expect any big differences.

20. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

They are limited time only. Very small order for big dealer. Once they are gone, they are not available.