Li Ning Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ferrerkiko, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    AP 62 is something like BG 66 breaks easily , I would recommend all badminton fans use NS 70 . its not bad !

2. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

much less durable than BG66. BG66 lasts me a few weeks (i.e. 5-10 sessions or more). i still have 2 packs of AP62, will try it again at a slightly lower tension with a different stringer.

3. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    I had the A62 @26/28#s on one Arc8DX, and it lasted about 14 hours of play. On my backup Arc8DX, I broke the A62 in 2 hours of play, twice, with the same tension. Guess it depends on how many mishits, and consistency in the string quality??? I still like it...just as much as the A101N(0.66mm) which lasts a heck longer.

4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

sounds a bit of a hit and miss sometimes. i guess i cannot expect 'durability' from a 0.62mm string. would you say the AP62 offers considerably more power than the A101N? also, how would you rate the A101N against BG66?

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I was about to ask the same question, is the AP101N better than say, BG66 & BG80?

6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Hi bro , u can try new Li ning string AP 70, 95 , they are better than all Yonex string!

7. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

so has anyone tried out the new Li Ning NS95 strings yet?

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

no, but I might try it soon:)

9. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Li ning String AP90 & NS95 are better than yonex string for its replusion power.

10. danilo5753

danilo5753 Regular Member

IT Executive
    Li Ning AP62 string is awesome!!

Tried it today, very good repulsion and good hitting sound!! Love it to the max compared to bg85~

11. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Me, too. The first time it lasted about 14 hours of play. I cut it because my favourite tension of 26/28 #s wasn't there any more. The next few lasted less than 10 minutes, 2 hours, 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Not very cheap overall...good thing I string. Now I'm using the LiNing A101 which I find is still better than the yonex BG80, BG85, NBG95 and NBG98. My 2 cents :)

12. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys,
    which string is the best compared to YY BG-65 and BG-80. I really like them. Tried the NBG95 and i really hate it. So which one comes as close as possible to BG-65 and BG-80??

btw: I play at 28lbs

13. danilo5753

danilo5753 Regular Member

IT Executive

Ahh~ My AP62 string tension has dropped.. Not so nice already ~

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I got the AP62 and the AP101N - the AP62 is just awesome for the first week, after that, there's a huge tension loss. Probably gonna restring my racket at the end of holidays. The 101N, I tried out yesterday, feels a lot more solid than the AP62, so I hope it'll hold tension a bit longer. The first time a fresh stringjob (2-3hrs.) performed well for me in training :D Little string movement, and good performance touch&repulsion-wise.
    The AP62 has the most repulsion I've experienced so far, so I'll increase tension by 2lbs next time - as I'd recommend for everyone. It'll lose 1-2lbs in the first week anyway, so some might prefer to increase by even more.

Concerning the comparison to Yonex strings - the 101N seems to perform similar to the BG80 with a hard feel, and good touch - repulsion is better though, at least until now, so I prefer the LN strings right now. BG66 is close, though.
    Nanogy's are useless. No power at all, the 98 has nice touch at high tensions (good for net players in doubles), but that's all there is to it. Not recommended for anyone who smashes more than 5x an hour - get BG80 or BG66. The high price of the NBG is a mystery to me. But of course, there are blind sheep 'adoring' the string, just like they 'love' the Z-Slash. Poor clueless bastards.

15. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    My findings as well...you'll like the A101...I still do, especially playing with nylon birds. What are your tensions? My favorite is 26/28 #s. Sometimes I string it a bit tighter, even 0.5#s over, I have to suffer a bit till it drops :)

16. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Anyone knows what the AP80s are like?? I think a lot of the Chinese Players use this string... Either AP80 or AP70

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Tensions are 24/26 for .66+ and (after the restring) 25/27 or 26/28 for .62 - I'm still on a pretty low level so higher tensions hurt my arm sometimes and my clears get short, even though I like the touch for dropshots and the crisp feeling on drives. I'll probably increase tensions in the summer, during preparation.

18. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

Where do you guys buy Li Ning string from and how much ?
    Thanks

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I buy them from MBS (mybadmintonstore.com). Adequate packing and shipping speed, and the first time I didn't have to pay taxes :D Although next time, I'll go for single strings instead of the packs of 10 in the leftover colors. Black is much better than that blinding yellow.

20. desmond0806

desmond0806 Regular Member

Secondary student
    i've just tried it a few days ago... well, recently i was using nanogy 95 all these while... and decided to have a try on NS95... as many ppl say, li ning string does few a bit rough... u wont be able to get use to it the first time... the repulsion is definitely there.. IN MY UNPROFESSIONAL OPINION, i would say its repulsion is slightly better than nanogy 95.. the sound is louder than nanogy 95... i think it MAY hold the racket tension for a longer period compare to nanogy 95 ... i strung it at 26lbs.. and i am happy wit it... will i string my racket wit NS95 next time? yes i would... well, i will also string it wit nanogy 95 too(other rackets)... i've jsut use it once...and i am not a very good badminton player.. so my review may not be very helpful.. i hav to say it is worth a try...

what i really like is the sound.. it sounds more powerful.. and the repulsion is slightly more than nanogy 95..

just don get frustrated/ hate it the 1st time u use it... giv it some time to get use to it... if u really don like it, then cut it off..