Play badminton in HCMC VIETNAM

Discussion in 'Vietnam' started by tifam, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Super_Lee89

Super_Lee89 Regular Member

Hi Arkherps,
    You can go to Mai Loan sport shop in Nguyen Trai Street(don't remember exactly address), District 5. It's next to 2nd Central Sport and Gym University and back of Dentistry Department of Ho Chi Minh Medicine University, hope you'll find out it easily. The quality of stringing in there is very good, Tien Minh(as you may khow)-Vietnam No1 badminton player(World No9) often string there before partcipate in a tournament. Finally, you don't be worried about the price, it's not so expensive but absolutely cheaper than stringing in USA

2. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    Does anyone know if this information is still valid?

3. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

Super_Lee89,
    Thanks again for all the great information. My wife is vietnamese so with her help finding the shop should not be a problem.
    I hope we have a chance to meet you on the 20th.

4. Super_Lee89

5. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    Bump.

Any idea on where to play during week evenings? I will explore the earlier suggestions in the thread, but not sure if they're still valid. I'll go to Marie Curie school at dinner time and see if I can find the person organizing badminton.

Also, I finally got a Yonex racket and had it strung (is that the correct verb?) with BG65, but I'd like to know if anyone has a suggestion where I can find 'ok' badminton shoes that are not so expensive. I'll try the bunch of sport shops close to the New World Hotel later today, but maybe someone has a better suggestion for shoes?

6. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    By the time this message was published, I bought badminton shoes and all required equipment. All I'd need now is a few pointers on where I could find badminton courts in District 10 or 5... I will try a place that was previously disclosed in District 10, saturday from 10am to 1pm, but I think the person who organised it is now in France for a year...

7. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

Hello Willy0275,
    Where did you find some shoes? Are they any cheaper than buying in Canada or US?

8. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    Well, they have shoes at many shops here, but I bought mine at a tennis and badminton shop close to the New World Hotel in district 1. They mostly sell "Prince" products and have a few badminton shoes, but mostly tennis. Anyhow, I bought my badminton shoes for around USD$40 I think, but I can't tell you if he any cheaper here because I don't know the quality of the shoes I bought. They work fine so far. In Canada I have Yonex shoes I paid 120$, and I went to another shop before here in Saigon that had similar prices for Yonex shoes. I also bought Prince shirts and shorts and it was quite cheap, total of 35$ for two shirts and two shorts, although they had much more expensive clothes too.

9. Super_Lee89

About the shoes, you can go to Loan Sport shop in 3thang2 street, opposite of Hoa Binh Center of Performing Art.

10. Leoximus

Leoximus Regular Member

Sales n marketing manager
    Hi, me and a few friends from Malaysia are going to saigon next week, it would be great if there's any group that we can join..
    We play twice a week back home and our standard would probably be intermediate to good players..
    Looking forward to friendly matches in saigon. btw, we r staying in Dainam hotel..

11. Super_Lee89

Which district your hotel placed in? I have my own club at Dat Duc Court in Go Vap Sport and Gym Center, we play weekly in Tuesday and Thursday from 7-10h P.M, we always welcome guests come and play with us. Hope to see you there!^^

12. william2010

william2010 New Member

I will be in HCM city in Jan but do not want to miss out my badminton practice. Do you know any place to play badminton in and around Dist 5 or 6? Feed back is appreciated.

13. Willy0275

Willy0275 Regular Member

Programmer
    There is a nice badminton place in Dist 10, called the "T19", has around 10 courts and open 7 days a week, but we need to reserve a court in advance. Let me know once you're here and we can see court availibility and maybe play a few games :) I'm playing already with friends on tuesday and thursday evenings, but it's far and can't invite anyone there as I'm only a guest... I also play at the T19 on saturday afternoon but again, I'm only a guest there.

14. dragonsalyer671

dragonsalyer671 Regular Member

engineer
    Hi everyone i am new here in vietnam and really wanted to know were i can play badminton. I leave in binh doung area near the vietnam singapore industrial park but i am willing to go to Ho Chi minh city just to play. Is there any clubs or group willing to play with me. Hope you can help me.

15. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Can i know what time you can play? We play everyday from 5am to 7am (Sunday: to 6.30am only), if you think you can come this time, we are willing to see you!

16. Super_Lee89

You can join with my club at Dat Duc Court inside Go Vap Gym&Sport Center in Nguyen Van Luong Street, it's not too far from your home in Binh Duong. We play weekly Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday from 8-10hPM, if you're free in that time you can participate in with us.

P/s: this Saturday(1/1/2011), we're all off for holiday, we'll back in Tuesday(4/1/2011). Hope to see you there! ^^

17. dragonsalyer671

engineer
    Thanks Super_Lee hope i can join you this coming week. Do you have any number were i can call you. Does the taxi driver knows this area. Hope to see you soon.

18. dragonsalyer671

engineer
    Hungle thank you for the invite but i ahve work starting 7 am till saturday but i could try coming on sunday. May i know were are you playing.

19. dragonsalyer671

engineer
    Super Lee another question is the court located in ho chi minh city. And were can i have my racket stringed. I have one racket with no strings.

20. Super_Lee89

You just tell the taxi driver take you to the Dat Duc stadium(Go Vap Gym&Sport Center) in Nguyen Van Luong Street, Go Vap District, I believe that there guys will know that street and that place. When you come there, just call me I'll take you in. Here is my cell phone number 01264900374

P/s: My English in conservation isn't good, hope you should be sympathetic toward me about that! ^^