where to play badminton in Bangkok

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by tigerplayer, Aug 15, 2008.

1. dutch

dutch Regular Member

Student
    Last week Dent was in Singapore, should be back though. I'll shoot him an e-mail, perhaps if we can find another player we can play a doubles game tomorrow. Also you're willkommen to join me for my usual practice on Wednesday around On Nut BTS.

Dutch.

2. MatsB

MatsB Regular Member

Dent and I have been in contact and I will probably need tomorrow evening to tie up with a colleague here, and also first learn at what time I will be getting back to the hotel in the evenings. I will shoot you a private message. Thx for the invitation:) Wednesday should be possible as far as I know now. Tuesday I may be playing with a group of people from the customer I will be visiting.
    thx + rgds / Mats

3. DentJaru

DentJaru Regular Member

Office worker
    Hi Dutch and Mats,

Dutch@ Thanks for your reply on behalf of me.
    By the way, as you suggested, we may be able to play doubles if you can find another player. Otherwise, it's not bad to play single with rotation. However, your proposal to play on Wednesday night is quite impossible as the court is normally booked by another group. So I suggest Thursday night? Please feel free to reply.

Thanks!

Dent

4. MatsB

MatsB Regular Member

Dutch and Dent,
    I would be available Thursday night and if it does not start too early, for dutch's regular practice on Wednesday Feb 27th:)

Dent, does it work with 8pm on Thursday?

thx + rgds / Mats

5. DentJaru

DentJaru Regular Member

Office worker
    As I've replied in our group message..

Hi Mats and Dutch,
    It's ok if your Singapore friend won't be interested in playing, we can play single anyway. Don't worry about a roll of shuttle as I already have one. So we can play first and share a cost later. Fyi, I've already booked a court from 7.30 pm. to 9.30 pm. Hope this is ok.
    Thanks!
    Dent

6. BadAddict

BadAddict Regular Member

Self employed
    Hi, this may be a bit out of yr topic but I am a Malaysian senior badminton fan & I would like to know where is the expected location for the World Junior 2013 in Bangkok. I will be visiting Bangkok this Wed & have intentions to watch the World Juniors in November so a little surveying on the stadium, location & hotels when I am there will help me & my visiting group in November. Thanks in advance :)

7. dutch

dutch Regular Member

Student

pfff that was a lot of googling through these awful Thai websites, google chrome was almost coming to a screeching halt lol.

23 October to 4 November 2556.
    competitive badminton. SCG 2013 World Junior Badminton Championships.
    , at Indore Stadium Hua Mak, Bangkok.
    http://badmintonthai.or.th/technical/calendar.php?lang=th (use chrome to translate as naturally there is hardly an English version to the information concerning an international event...sigh TIT (this is thailand).

8. BadAddict

BadAddict Regular Member

Self employed
    Hi Dutch, thanks for the info .. Great help. At least I can ask around for location of stadium while in Bangkok. :)

9. cdxpat

cdxpat New Member

Daytime courts by the hour in Bangkok ?

For people who may be visiting there are two air conditioned courts at Urbana Apartments in Sathorn Road (near Soi Convent) that will rent to non residents including rackets . However you have to take a 24 hours pass for the Gym for each person if you are not a resident which is 350 Baht per person. They do have a great pool if you want to relax after but as we already have a pool in our apartment i'd prefer not to pay for theirs. . I've tried to get an hourly rate but they wont do it.

I am looking for a place that will rent a court by the hour during the day for two beginners in the Sathorn Road Lumphini area hopefully for less than 700 Baht an hour if anyone knows. We want to go twice a week for fun so will consider a membership.

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Try the Thai Badminton Association. The hall is usually deserted in the daytime.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ay-badminton-in-Bangkok?p=2036011#post2036011

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    The venue of the tournament is the Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkapi which is a distance away from the main tourist shopping areas eg Ratchaprasong, Pathumwan etc. It would take more than an hour to travel from these areas to Bangkapi by taxi no thanks to the traffic jams. (But there is a shopping mall in Bangkapi called The Mall Bangkapi if you wish to take a break from the tournament and do some shopping.)

To save time you could stay in the same hotel as the players :)
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=440604&dl=1
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/page.aspx?id=24183

12. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector

Attached Files:

13. BadAddict

BadAddict Regular Member

Self employed
    Ok. Thks Sealman, appreciate info.

14. stuwhitfield

stuwhitfield New Member

Teacher
    Hi Ladies and Gents,

I live out in Lak Si and am looking to play a bit of competitive badminton if possible with fellow expats as well as locals.

I play at Chic badminton on Tiwanon but the traffic is terrible getting there and I'm the only expat that plays on a Wedsnesday and Sunday.

I want to make friends as well as play so communication is important (and my Thai is terrible!) hence looking for other expats.

If any of you are still going to the club at major Ratchayothin I'd be interested in trying that out

My line ID is stuartbkk feel free to get in touch

Happy smashing :)

15. dutch

dutch Regular Member

Student
  16. arkherps

arkherps Regular Member

Hello All, I am an intermediate player from USA looking for a few games while in Bangkok May26- May29. maybe sunday near Lumpini then most of the time in Bang Na. thanks for the help!

17. dutch

dutch Regular Member

Student
    I remember getting this reply on a thread I started on thaibadminton.com last week which I've been meaning to check out but if you're going to be staying close to Lumpini you'll want to go here judging from the pictures this is one of the few courts up to western standards....oh I see you're from Arkansas so you should be used to worse ;). ( https://foursquare.com/v/the-badminton-association-of-thailand/4d2ed4bc5d4ca1cd527a1b1b )
    =======

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]If your energy still remains for tomorrow night, you can join with us. Our group normally books 2 courts from 8 to 11 on Wednesday night at the Badminton Association of Thailand. It's located on Sarasin tri-section (the big white building with the blue roof - next to Lumpini Park). All of us are about 8-12 persons. You can catch skytrain to Chidlom station then walk to Soi Tonson and hop on a motorcycle taxi (ask them to go to "Sa Ma Kom Badminton Haeng Pra Ted Thai" - it means the Badminton Association of Thailand). If you need more info please PM me.[​IMG]

Love always has been and always Will be a Mystery. Glad that it comes to be Live for a Moment in your Life .......... LINE: Carpartia.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    =======
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...ay-badminton-in-Bangkok?p=2090340#post2090340

====

(Google chrome for translation;)

====

For Bang Na I'd go to Suk.107, soi 9 (Bearing 9). They play pretty much play every day but you can introduce yourself here:
    http://www.thaibadminton.com/main/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=81408&start=0

http://www.thaibadminton.com/main/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=81408&start=640

https://foursquare.com/v/badminton-court/4b6d4bf0f964a520da6f2ce3

Enjoy and let us know how it worked out for you,

D.

18. renebrocolo

renebrocolo Regular Member

Business Man
    anyone in bangkok? im planning to go bangkok at september 9. hope can play there..

19. herofc

herofc New Member

officer
    I'm looking for friends to play with too. i live in sukhumvit 89/1 so there are few courts around here like Sukhumvit 97/1, sukhumvit 99, Sukhumvit 101/1, On nu Soi 17, sukhumvit 56 etc. but i don't have friends to play with. and also i prefer to play single but im ready to learn for double too. so let's catch up on talking first then we find out where and when we can play. normally i work mon-Fri (my office in sukhumvit 101) and free weekend and after work. plz e-mail me : hamnuayjit@gmail.com or LINE ; herobkk ...... my name is HERO btw =)

20. Chandiramani

Chandiramani New Member

Interested in Playing Badminton

Hi Dutch, I am interested in playing badminton on wednesdays at the Badminton Association of Thailand in Lumphini. Kindly let me know if I have to pre-register, or I can turn up directly on Wednesday.

Thanks.

Mohit.