elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the new salary structure is out
    nice
    mak/tan will be earning rm2500++ start from next year
    hehe

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hopefully they get paid in a timely manner.;);)

I forgot to post yesterday's news - Lim Fang Yang has been reinstated to the team for 6 months after being dropped a month ago. He has 6 months to proof himself. In the 1st place, LFY never really got a chance to proof himself also, concerning the limited chances he got in International tourneys if compare to Arif.

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Good lah. Time to be strict and make them more competitive. ;)

Also they should play in local tournaments if no chance to play overseas.

The ladies also should participate in mens category so that they get more sparring and exposure. ;) Should be a good fight with the kampung boys when playing with national ladies. ;)

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nevermind lah
    not the 1st time payment get delay;)

good news to lim
    haha

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

so who's in charge under BJSS now? Just yap kim hock?

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hopefully it wont be the downfall of the junior performance in ajc and wjc after the resign of sun

8. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Saturday November 6, 2010

Third Chan-ce to shine, Peng Soon eyes breakthrough after letdowns in two majors

By RAJES PAUL

PETALING JAYA: Chan Peng Soon is ready to make a name for himself in the world of badminton – and hopefully reach the heights scaled by his namesake – the late Wong Peng Soon – back in the 1930s-1950s.
    The 21-year-old Peng Soon will be making his Asian Games debut in Guangzhou from Nov 12-27 in the mixed doubles event with Goh Liu Ying.
    After falling short of his own expectations in two previous majors – the World Championships in Paris and Commonwealth Games in New Delhi – the youngster is determined to come good in his third big outing in Guangzhou.
    “We may have different surnames but, often, people have asked me whether I am related to the former great singles player,” said Peng Soon.
    [​IMG]
    Another Wong Peng soon in the making?:
    Chan Peng Soon is determined to come good in Guangzhou.
    “Probably, the only connection between us is our love for the game. I know he was a great player during his time and that he dominated the world stage for some time.
    “Hopefully, I can also achieve great honours for the country like him. He ruled the singles event in his time and I hope to do the same now in the doubles.”
    Wong Peng Soon, who was one of the top players in Malaya, became the first Asian to win the All-England title in 1950, before going on to achievethe feat for the next three years.
    He was also a member of the team that won the Thomas Cup in 1948-49. He died of pneumonia in 1996 and was inducted into the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Hall of Fame in 1999.
    On his Asiad challenge, the young Peng Soon said that he was hoping to get his act right.
    Peng Soon-Liu Ying raised the profile of the mixed doubles after winning the country’s first ever Open title at the Asian Badminton Championships (ABC) in India in April this year. Although that win raised expectations, the duo could not keep the momentum going in the world meet and the Commonwealth Games.
    They went down tamely in the second round to India’s V. Diju-Jwala Gutta in Paris and lost in the bronze medal playoff against Singapore’s Triyachart Chayut-Yao Lei at the Commonwealth Games.
    “The Commonwealth Games outing was disappointing. We were leading 20-18 in the rubber game against top seeds Nathan (Robertson)-Jenny (Wallwork) of England but we ended up losing to them.
    “It was a blow to our morale,” he said.
    “We did not win any individual medals at the world meet or the Commonwealth Games. Hopefully, we can make a difference at the Asiad. We are wiser and more confident of our game and, hopefully, we can achieve a breakthrough this time.”
    They have a tough opener in the mixed doubles against South Koreans Shin Baek-cheol-Lee Hyo-jung.
    Other pairs in their half are second seeds Lee Sheng-mu-Chien Yu-chin, fourth seeds Diju-Jwala and the unseeded but dangerous He Hanbin-Ma Jin of China.
    Peng Soon is unlikely to play in the men’s team event unless there is an injury to any of the top two pairs – Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Mak Hee Chun-Tan Wee Kiong.

9. danielwong

Salesman
    too bad, CPS is a good XD player but if we see the bolded part, can he make it?
    The KOR XD is not popular pair but as always KOR doubles, ie, MD, WD and XD are dangerous...
    good luck

10. danielwong

Salesman
    Monday November 8, 2010

The Star

Kwong Beng won’t fret about being a spectator

KUALA LUMPUR: National shuttler Chan Kwong Beng has chosen to put up a brave front although he may not get to play in a single match in his first Asian Games in Guangzhou.
    Kwong Beng injured his ankle en route to losing to Denmark’s Emil Vind in the qualifying tournament of the Denmark Open in Odense last week.
    Although he has showed improvement, it is highly unlikely that Malaysia will field Kwong Beng for the third singles slot in the team event at the Asiad.
    Although Kwong Beng is ranked higher and gained a lot sparring partner with world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, Malaysia are expected to field Liew Daren. Daren gave a good account of himself in Denmark when he defeated China’s Wang Zhengming and Holland’s Dicky Palyama before going down to Hong Kong’s Hu Yun in the second round.
    The other two singles players in the Asiad squad are Chong Wei and Mohd Hafiz Hashim.
    “I fell twice during the qualifying tournament and I did not make a big issue out of it.
    “But later, it swelled and I could not play my game in Denmark,” said Kwong Beng.
    “I am quite unlucky. I am disappointed with the whole incident but I am not going to let it crush my morale.
    “I am so much better now and I will be following the team to Guangzhou. But it is up to the coaches to decide whether I get to play or not.
    “It will still be a great experience for me to be with the Asiad team. It is my first outing and I hope to learn as much as possible.”
    Malaysia are the second seeds and defending champions China are the top seeds.
    Malaysia will open their campaign against Thailand on Saturday and a win will pit them against either South Korea or Japan in the semi-finals.
    China are expected to play Indonesia in the semi-finals and should make it to the final again.

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

CPS/GLY.....dont know....! After watched the way they play in CWG.....in XD SF and play off for 3rd placing......They were still looked very unrealiable and espeacially GLY, not up to mark yet !

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

OMG, I read some comments on the Commonwealth and people were saying that GLY does not deserve CPS as a partner because CPS is weaker! :eek:
    So which is the true version? :confused: <- serious question, I am not trying to be sarcastic. Read the thread in the commonwealth and see.

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why ask other?
    is time to judge urself

14. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

There you go..continue to be a spectator..the puzzling thing is ..despite sparring with LCW, his level of play has not improved ???

15. danielwong

Salesman
    Blame it to injury, but of coz to be fair, CKB not gonna make it an issue...
    if not of injury, he can perform better

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

CPS performed better in SF against NR/Jenny..only he didnt managed to finish off the crucial point in the rubber but totally off tuned during 3rd place play off.....very disappointing.

As for GLY, she didnt performed well to match CPS in SF.....but she did play harder to cover CPS in the play off, but CPS didnt show his motivation to win that bronze medal......CPS sure the weaker link in this play off.

Generally, GLY still need to improve in all departments Physically and mentally.

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Sounded weird la............wonder why....?? .........?? lol

Ooops......fly is here....ngin...ngon....ngin....ngong....

18. danielwong

Salesman
    Use Ridsects...(sorry for commercial break)er...OT...

19. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Didn't watch both matches ;)

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Its also good to have a mix of older players to mix with. Eg. CPS and CEH just to try it out. Or when WPT is fitter, she can partner CPS. ;)
    Or kkk partner one of the younger girls just for experience and exposure. Of course the girl will have to pick up faster, later kkk may get mad. lol. ;)