Wide fitting shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Rykard, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

Hi,
    can anyone recommend a wide fitting shoe? I am only a UK7 but my feet are wide. The shoes I have tried so far are too thin.

thanks

Rich

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Might be usefull to mention exactly what these previous pairs were to get an idea ;) ...

3. TaRaKaN

TaRaKaN Regular Member

Hey,

I have the same size feet as you and the only shoes in the UK that are ok for me are the SHBSC5 EX. Haven't tried the others as yet.

4. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

I am playing in an old pair of Head, and have tried HiTec 4 Sys - too tight on the forefoot. I went to another store that had Yonex and Artegno(sp?) but they didn't have anything in my size. They were expecting a delivery and this store was 1hr away so I don't want to waste time and fuel if they only stock narrow shoes.

#4 Rykard, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the brands that have wide models that i know of are:

Yonex (on some specific models)
    Mizuno (on some specific models)
    Victor (on some specific models)

most of them will be marked "wide". unfortunately, they are also hard to find as only limited models are wide versions.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

try ones that don't have the lateral claws... those claws for extra lateral support tend to crimp the forefoot of people with wide feet like us

i'm quite happy with the yonex shb-200ex for the past 2 years

there's supposed to be a newer yonex model to replace it... shb-sc5ex, i think

7. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

hi
    tried yonex and prince today all too thin...

8. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

If the models that you can only get locally do significantly feel too tight for you, then consider ordering the wide shoe models as mentioned by kwun from Japan such as through Shuttle-House. The wide shoe models of Yonex and Mizuno make have the "wide" label in their model names so it is highly impossible for you to miss them.

Sports fitness is important, but keeping yourself safe from injury by having the correct equipment is even more important.

9. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

I don't have a problem with ordering off the web but I need to know they will fit, otherwise it will cost me to sendthem back, if they will have them back. This is why I am trying to buy locally...

Does anyone know any good stores in the Midlands, England?

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Eh? Which yonex models did you try? What about the two models mentioned above?

11. Rykard

Rykard Regular Member

SHB 85 EX almost fitted in a 7.5 but too big in an 8
    SHB 92 MX were too small in a 7 too big in an 8
    Wilson Court Elite 800
    Prince MV4 Indoor Court

they are getting some asics in in a couple of weeks that are wide fitting ...

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Eh? Don't bother with any yonex models other than shb 200 ex or sc5 ex. Just find a store that carries them, don't even bother going there if they don't have them. :shrug:

13. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Some players at my club had problem with Yonex being to narrow (especailly SHB100/101 type models. so they usually have to have one size to large. A few have found out that Li Nings new Metal-X (topmodel) shoes are wider (probably because the metal-x construction that lets you adjust the narrowness on the heel section when when tying them. So maybe check out the Metla-X models from LN, at least a suggestion to try out.

/Twobeer

14. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I would suggest size 7.5, as a narrow shoe such as SHB85EX fits your feet on the other aspects especially the length (which is the most important as too short or too long is never good), other than the front toe section. The front toe box for the wide shoe models especially the Yonex ones are significantly wider so it should accommodate your wide front feet unless you have some tennis-ball sized growth on your toes ;)

I went to try the EX shoes once out of curiosity even though I currently am rotating between SHB80W, SHB81WM and SHB200WM. Turns out that the SHBSC3MX has the roundest front toe box section (the others you mentioned felt narrower at the front to me) even though it is still not exactly fit for my wide feet. You all may want to check that out too.

And WHAT does that have to do with wide front feet :confused:

You may be able to get that at a larger size to accommodate the wide fore feet and have the Metal-X secure the heel tightly but once you start lunging then all the free space at the front of your toes will make your front feet slide and sprain your ankle lol :mad:

15. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

try Victor's SH8500 for your wide feet problems.