APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

Bro,
    Perfect Sports Puchong got stokcs...

Rgds,,,Ken

2. Shin0bu

Shin0bu Regular Member

Hi guys, I'm looking to replace my Visible Hollow 1800 with a new racquet. Main reason is that I want a racquet's that slightly lighter and a bit more balanced in terms of power and control. I still like how my 1800 works with powerful smashes and all but I prefer something a tad lighter. I was told that the Visible Hollow 2020 is similar to the 1800 but lighter. Is this a good option? Else does anyone have any other recommendation?

3. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

There a number of places you can order Apacs online:
    www.sportshorizon.com
    www.badmintonbay.com
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Sports-Netbiz-Store?_rdc=1

Just to name a few. Shipping is pretty cheap as well.

Anyway I just ordered an Apacs Nano Power 900, very excited for it. Heard great things, and if it all pans out I'll pick up another one. So far my favourite Apacs racquet is the Tantrum 200, it feels even balance and the box-frame really packs a lot of power (string: BG66 Maxima).

I'll do a review of the Nano Power 900 and also a comparison with the Tantrum 200.

4. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hi , I am a Singaporean so this model is hard to find here ..

5. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

This makes alot of sense! I swing it before I find it perform similarly from one another. How about APACS lethal aggressive? It is supposedly a re brand of which lethal series?

6. KEN_KL MSIA

KEN_KL MSIA Regular Member

Perhaps nxt time if happen you coming to KL, you can look for it :)

7. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hahas , i will not be travelling to Malaysia until December and i need a racket soon , so not a good option for me ..

8. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Order it online from one the websites I mentioned. Can't go wrong with a Tantrum 200.

9. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Also, www.sportshorizon.com is both an ONLINE and PHYSICAL store in Malaysia. And they shipped out pretty fast, so I would imagine the shipping time and even cost to Singapore would be favorable.

10. smilesummer

smilesummer Regular Member

I love badminton however everywhere I look I find very expensive rackets, now even APACS rackets are becoming very expensive take for example my favorite APACS racket the Tweet 8000 I have played with the uk spec Tweet 8000, I understand this is different then any other out there because it was specially designed for APACS.PK who is the uk distributor of APACS gear. I coach young children from 7-15yrs and I have to admit the older children always give a positive feedback regarding this tweet 8000 racket, mainly they say is due to the slightly stiff shaft allowing them to clear easier. The other Tantrum 500 is a favorite of many and children of all ages love this one the younger kiddies love the graphics and the other like its maneuverability, at the moment these rackets are very expensive like:

Tweet 8000: £120 pounds from apacs.pk
    Tantrum 500: £110 pounds from apacs.pk

Now comes the exciting part I have got my hands on a couple of Tweet 8000 and a couple of tantrum 500. As I am based in UK the shipping will vary for other countries, but should not be more than £8.00.

I love badminton and have been playing since Gosh, ages! I guess and would really like to give these rackets away for a very reasonable price so that others can appreciate of good they are, and as I have only a limited stock and I don't expect them to be hanging around for very long. Ok Some boring info:

The Tweet 8000 specs:
    Frame Material: 30T Japan High Modulus Graphite
    Shaft Material: 40T Japan High Modulus Graphite
    Frame Type: Armor Power Grommet System: 76 Holes Shaft Diameter: 7.0mm Weight: 88-90g (3U)
    BCP: 290+5mm (Slightly Head Heavy)
    Flex: 7.5 STIFF
    Grip: G2 (G4)
    Length: 675mm Max Tension: 38 lbs
    New T-Throat and foaming tech

Tantrum 500 Specs:
    Frame Material: 30T Japan High Modulus Graphite
    Shaft Material: 40T Japan High Modulus Graphite
    Frame Type: Armor Power Grommet System: 76 Holes Shaft Diameter: 7.0mm Weight: 88-90g (3U)
    BCP: 290+5mm (Slightly Head Heavy)
    Flex: 7.5 STIFF
    Grip: G2 (G4)
    Length: 675mm Max Tension: 38 lbs
    New T-Throat and foaming tech

You can refer to other members regarding the review, however I like the Tweet 8000 more because it suits my playing style, but others like the Tantrum 500 it all boils down to the individuals playing style. Please also NOTE that these are modified for the UK market, so if you do not like stiff rackets then remember that these are not for you, also if you are defending type player then again these rackets are not for you. Further, I would go on to say that these are professional type rackets, so if you of a club or higher player then these will certainly be good for you to further improve your game. Ok that the Blub out of the way. Heres the price, Please note that the rackets come unstring and without a racket cover so it is racket only price :p

Tweet 8000 brand new: £70 that includes postage and packaging thats 335 Malaysian riggits. (Unstrung and no badminton cover)
    Tantrum 500 brand new £65 again includes P&P. or 311 Malaysian riggits (unstrung and no badminton cover supplied)

This is on first come first served basis.
    PM me for any further details you would like. like Pics etc etc.

11. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Anyone had tried the Foray 300 and willing to share your experience with it ?

12. kvyra

kvyra Regular Member

I haven't seen the lethal aggressive in shops, or maybe I din't notice.

#5192 kvyra, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  13. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

I think that my friend is having one. Probably, I can take some photos and post it here.

14. msudhakar07

msudhakar07 Regular Member

Hi bro, I bought new tantrum 200 and slayer 99 in SG. how to find the apac raquet is original? is there any serial verification can do.

15. msudhakar07

Serial # AP217246 slayer 99. Kindly advice.

16. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Is there a SG flag on your racket? According to the shop that i got my racket, he can claim the warranty for me based on the SG flag and serial number which can be matched according to the local distributor. Although I have a SG apac racket, I am not sure if how do they code their serial number. Importantly, i think that nobody wants to make a fake apacs racket when it is cheaper or same price as high end fake yonex racket.

17. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I never heard of fake apacs racket

18. msudhakar07

No SG Sign on the Rackets.

19. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

It is most likely a stock from Malaysia so you can't claim warrant from the SG distributor. Btw what is the name of the shop that you gotten the racket from?

20. nic96

nic96 Regular Member

Hi , I got my apacs foray 300 from hello sports at queensway , it has a uk flag and sg flag , is it a original racket ? I got it for $60 while the distributor ( acesportssg ) is selling at $69