Fake victor rackets in malaysia

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by WCR 999, Feb 1, 2013.

1. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Greetings People, I have just made a purchase of the new Victor Meteor X JJS from Far East Victor Malaysia for a price of RM650 inclusive of stringing, casing and a grip.I spoke with the boss himself about the rise of pirated/replica badminton rackets in Malaysia. Soon after, he briefed me on a few guidelines on how to identify a fake Victor Racket.

The main thing that one needs to know is -> any legit Victor rackets sold in Malaysia must have the serial code that begins with MY!! This is for a plain reason,,,that firstly a TW and SG, or even CN are not even allowed to be legally sold in Malaysia. Those who chose to buy Victor rackets in Malaysia with any other code besides the ones that start with MY are fully accountable for any mishaps or damages such as -> racket brake when strung at tension 26 and above, sudden cracks due to heat, allignment damage, paint fade after a less than 4 months etc. Apart frm that also double check this -> http://www.victorsport.com/product_content_217.html

Finally, i would also like to mention that the imitation Victor rackets in Malaysia that are most at large today are from the TW codes. I would also like to include that there is no such thing as a brand new Victor Meteor X JJS, London, BSLYD, BS12, BS 15 that are sold for any price below RM500 (racket only) Beware of anybody who sells you the above mentioned rackets brand new for a price below RM500. Never ever be penny wise, pound foolish!! Cheers people

2. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    This is what they will say when u telling an authorized agent that there were actually other people selling the SAME QUALITY,PAINT JOB but with cheaper prices!
    who says MY coded racket will not crack at 26lbs and above? imho,Its only a matter of getting ur warranty claimed!

3. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Top end Victor rackets will not crack at tensions 25-30. Same can't be said to the fake ones. I'm just conveying the message by the boss. Far East Victor Sports is the chief authorized Distributer of Victor equipment in Malaysia.

4. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Trust me, i held 2 TW coded rackets at the same time of purchase...side by side with the MY earlier. The difference in feel and swing was very noticable. This was before he told me everything about the fakes.

5. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    stop the non sense lah bro , how about people who are selling but they import directly from taiwan ?
    that just crap that victor agent said that since one authorized seller is allowed in one country ,
    cheaper doesnt means fake , its possible from them to import directly form other country to max their profit
    coz some victor doesnt give a good offer to reseller , just cut the crapp

6. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Firstly,, I never said that IT IS CONFIRMED FAKE! I am merely stating that Malaysians in Malaysia who buy other than MY code sold in Malaysia are at risk of purchasing a counterfeit racket as it is completely illegal to sell anything apart from MY here!!

2ndly, there are those smarty pants taking advantage of this by using imitation TW AND CN codes and selling it at a price of RM 500 AND BELOW. The differences between the fake and original are extremely difficult to spot. ONE WAY TO CLARIFY?? Take your racket,,,pay a visit to FAR EAST VICTOR SPORTS....make a comparison with the MY coded ones there... if you are an experienced player,,,you'll be able to detect the problems(if there is any of course). There will be a difference in swing and a slight difference in weight in regards to the non original racket.

7. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner

Don't take it to heart,,,i posted this for a good intention. I don't mean to cause any disharmony here. As a buyer, i hate to be corned into buying a fake racket. I'm sure if you're a consumer, you'll understand where i'm coming from.

8. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

It's obviously his interest to let all people in malaysia think that TW-coded rackets in Malaysia are fakes...
    Your intention is good. It's really nice that you want to warn us. But you may / should rethink about that what you're believing.

9. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Interestingly, i was offered to buy a Meteor X JJS for just RM 300 TW coded few day b4 my purchase today. Again, i did not say its confirmed fake. But, just think about it in a logical state of mind. Just how much do you think JJS is selling in Taiwan in RM'S?? RM170?? RM 150? Everything has to make some sense. But, those who would love to take the extra risk....those who who don't mind the risk.....and those who have the believe in the policy 'cheapest is the best' can ofcourse go ahead and take em risk. I shall say it again...i am here just to inform what was told to me at FAR EAST VICTOR. Nothing personal here. I don't even get any form of profit frm em for warning you guys here.

10. smashmaniac

smashmaniac Regular Member

it seem legit. i do encounter some of my folks who use the BS LYD 3u TW code and when I compare with MY code that he have, its lighter and less stiff. But both are 3u. somehow, the paint job is perfect. just then by swinging it its lighter and flexier which resulted in less oomph. its not by marginal. its obviously different. That is why when i try to look around for MX 80 just now. i stick to the model that has taiwan word on the blue cap logo even its SG code. rest assured i got the original perhaps by comparing it with MY code.

11. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    *hmm...nice chap!

12. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

My Advice (Based on WCR 999) :

1. Buy MY Coded for guarantee of originality and warranty.
    2. Buying a TW, CN and SG Coded Victor rackets are at buyers' risks.

Isn't that easy? No need for all of this arguments, WCR 999 has delivered his good intention, and he felt some differences between MY & TW coded right?

Take it easy.. Not all of TW & CN coded are fake, but buying from an official distributor guarantees us that the originality of the products. So, in the end, purchasing power are in consumers' hand. We got for what we've paid right? Different country gives different prices, no wonder why some countries are selling a little cheap and some countries are selling a little expensive. :D

*The fake racket of Victor and LiNing were manufactured when as the changes of sponsors back in 2009 if I'm not mistaken. :D

ekyk8889 likes this.
  13. apachesun

apachesun Regular Member

Student
    ur point is right but what about others shop that selling TW code or others else code in malaysia ?
    is like he trying to kill their business by saying this kind of thing , coz badminton central such a huge badminton fans forum , everyone will know whats going on
    for information , in singapore , a lot of store carrying tw code , so u are telling if im not buy sg code , then i 95 % bought fake victor rackets , such a joke by saying this

Soon after, he briefed me on a few guidelines on how to identify a fake Victor Racket.
    to identify fake doesnt mean by country code ! thats the point , if the boss is very smart he will mention other de facts not by country code

#13 apachesun, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

so, the best way is to make fake Victors with MY coded and sell them for top money!
    and everyone will but them.

15. fiq_axis

fiq_axis Regular Member

@ apachesun Yes, fake racket can't be justified by the country code. Instead, most of retailers today are trying to find another cheap yet original racket eventhough different country code. WCR999 is still new member, so less experince than BCers here.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i too believe that the OP has good intention to warn people. unfortunately though, merely looking at the country code to identify fake is a bit naive an approach. it is simply a printed code on a racket. it alone can be stamped with whatever the manufacturer (be it fake or real) wants.

i also want to point out that it is not illegal to sell side imports, it is perfectly fine to sell TW code in MY, and vice versa. people do that all the time and there is no law against it.

the best way to identify whether a racket is real or fake is to examine the source. don't buy from any shady shop or person or ebay, and if you see a price that is too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true.

17. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    He also did mention,,,the paint color, the clarity of fonts and the racket weight will defer....Even if it defer by a very tiny margin, it is considered FAKE

18. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    And so,,,these days an experience badminton player has to be a long time member of Badminton Central dot com?? Because i'm new to this website, makes me not capable in reviewing a racket or warning others about fake rackets being sold??

19. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    To those who are happy with their RM 300 -350 brand new top end Victor rackets,,,kindly disregard this post altogether. My original post was merely to warn potential buyers of the rise in fake Victor Rackets been sold here in Malaysia. Also to note that an original Victor Meteor X JJS Racket from Taiwan would cost you RM450(distributer price) by least. If you order 15 units the price drops to RM430 per piece. Therefore if anybody sells you below or equal this price,,,kindly walk away frm making a purchase. There are many 99% replica also known as triple A replicates around. Those will cost merely RM 150 per piece. The retailer than sells em for RM 350- RM 500 and makes a clean profit.

20. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    few facts here;

- most of the 'big shops' (maybe all) bcer familiar here sell bs12 my coded for less than rm500, only far east does sell it more. even rrp rm660 off 30% still lesser than rm500

- chris aw amk sold me tw coded racket as well

- of late, there are few online seller selling really competitive priced yonex and victor rackets. i have not bought from them but many did and from the feedback, i dun thk they are selling fakes.