Li Ning Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Ferrerkiko, Nov 6, 2009.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i'm happy to see that you guys refer to it as CNY and not lunar new year!

2. Randomlegend

Randomlegend Regular Member

School
    Well bloomin' 'eck.

Played with the NS30, yellow @ 25lbs (strung by yours truly :p ) for the first time tonight. I have never felt as much difference from a string. It's the best set of strings I have played with by a long margin (for me).

The touch was as good as I have had out of any string - my touch is crap so I'm probably not the best judge - but the power and control was just fantastic. From the first smash, there was just that lovely, crisp, satisfying crunch and a wide-eyed opponent.

I'm in love with it. I just hope the ZM65 or ZM62 lives up to or surpasses it, or I could be in for an expensive time staying in strings.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

^Ah, good: another convert! All us UKers are going to need to go in on a bulk buy from MBS once China wakes up;).

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Well, it looks like NS30 also follows the "blue plays best" pattern - in direct comparison, at the same tension, I find the blue gives the better feel and "punch" (and tension-holding, weirdly).

I've yet to try the white, but I'll get some from Winston when China wakes up;).

5. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

strangely enough my Ns 30 broke while in the string process and then after it broke by itself while just sitting there. strange !!? it was only strung at 28 lbs by my regular stringer on his electric machine.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Either a damaged grommet or clamps were set too tight - I can't see another reason why a .7 string would break at 28lbs. Also, did it break while sitting there or did one of the knots get pulled through/break?

On a side note, I can really recommend the AP90 to clean hitters who seek a repulsive, powerful string - durability isn't quite what you'll need if you mishit regularly, but the crisp feeling and power were quite extraordinary. Broke my last set in Saturday's match, however....surface is (sadly) quite similar to the NBG98, but feeling and repulsion are on a different level...

7. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

first the cross broke and then strangely one of the mains broke while just sitting there. both were in the middle or somewhat in the middle. hmm maybe it was just a bad batch

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Trying the NS30 white next - Winston has them in again. We'll see how it holds tension against the yellow and blue.

9. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Had my 3rd NS30 string as of today on ArcFB and previously two on MX80. Overall i like how it feels and play. Holds tension quite well too. Prefer it over NS70 that i've strung on my N80.

10. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    My NS30 @26 lbs performed well until it broke after just 2h of play....
    Definitely not durable.

11. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Tried white today at 31 - the same rock hard feel and punch as ever. Also hit the hardest smash I've ever pulled off, which was a nice bonus. I actually apologized for it;).

Interestingly, a fresh white at 31 sounds the same as a weeks-old blue at 31. This blue racket just refuses to drop any tension!

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Or very bad hitting. One string won't tell you much about it's general durability - you can always break it with a bad mishit, no matter how durable - even at 26lbs (which isn't very hard for a .70 string).

13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

^This. Any string can break at any tension at any time. Durability can't be inferred from a single test.

14. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    Just strung a racquet with NS30 and it definitely doesnt feel like its .70
    wondering if they got that number untensioned because it really felt like i was stringing zm65

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I think I said this in my review - it's far more "lively" than any other 0.70.

I tested mine with my vernier, and it really is 0.70 on the slack.

16. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I did not even do one power smash in this 2h, just a few child smashes for children. It is true that durability can not be extrapolated from one test. But "hashdam" had similar experiences with this string.

17. hashdam

hashdam Regular Member

where did you break it? i think it was just that specific one though. all my other restrings have been fine and dandy.

18. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    This is the first thing I noticed too, was tempted to get my vernier callipers out to check too!

I strung my first set of NS30 (yellow) last night on my BS-LYD at 28lb. What a strange string?! It is incredibly rough, pulling the string through feels like a chain-saw sawing through my mains! Sounds like it is cutting a groove in my strings!

It's also quite a stiff string too, the material it's made from seems quite different to the normal nylon Yonex/Victor strings I'm used to. The closest string I can describe it to would be the Zymax strings. It has a similar roughness/stiffness/feel to it.

I haven't had the chance to play with it yet, but just bouncing a shuttle and I can feel it's definitely a different sensation and sound to the VS850 I had on my LYD before. The VS850 felt more natural and softer. NS30 certainly does not feel like a thick gauge, 0.7mm string. It feels a little thinner, not much, perhaps 0.67-0.68mm.

The repulsion seems to be there, but vibration seems muted, not dull, but less vibration than VS850. It feels quite stiff, but not quite BG80 stiff. Roughness against the shuttle is at least on par with BG80/VS850 as I have no trouble gripping and spinning the shuttle at all - although during stringing it seems a lot rougher to string with. Admittedly I'm not a fan of BG80 as I find it too hard. I'll be playing with this tomorrow evening so will report back after a few games.

19. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

:rolleyes: Already explored 6 months prior:

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

^Saves me posting about the white vs. yellow, then:). White is very, very noticeably harder and louder.