Zymax strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Lobeh, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    No... it also felt much softer, so it was quite hard to string.. :(

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Interesting that you seem to have similar preferences to me. I tend to prefer thicker strings like the VS850 and BG65Ti which are also two of my go to strings.

However two other ones I like now are BG80P and NBG99. Have you tried these?

On the subject of ZM strings I have to say I don't get along with any of them. The 62 has very a nice and unique sound, but I can't seem to smash with it. It even seems to affect my low serve. I've not tried 65, but 67 and 70 are awful imo, dull and move around a lot. It feels like they're constructed from a completely different material to Yonex strings that I'm used to.
    May be I need to give it more time and get used to them but my first impressions really put me off.

LiNing strings feel similar to ZM strings in my opinion, NS30 and 50 feel quite dull and a bit weird - can't quite put my finger on it but doesn't suit me.

I'm always on the look out for strings that are similar to the ones I "go to", so any recommendations would be welcome!

3. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I love the black 65 on my 8dx, it just really messes with my OCD because the string moves all the time.

4. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I really like what the ZM62 has done for me in terms of control.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

80P I like, NBG99 I only tested once (when it first came out) and found it quite horrible. Would have to revisit it and play around with the tension to get a conclusive opinion, but quite frankly it's not worth it as it's quite expensive.
    That's also the main reason why I have gone from the Bg80 to the Vs850 - 2€ different per racket are quite noticeable when you string 2-4 rackets a month and are a student :D
    65Ti is not only cheaper than the Bg80, but also a lot more durable, and assuming I string it at a slightly higher tension, it's not that inferior in feeling. Bg65, surprisingly, is an awful string at any tension and on any racket for me. Perhaps the slippery surface of the Ti makes it more repulsive, I don't know, but it's much much better for me, and luckily slippery surfaces haven't given me too much trouble so far in terms of control.

If you're looking for a ZM string to replace Yonex, 65 is the only option imo. It's somewhere in-between the 66UM and Bg80, and strung tightly gives good feel and repulsion. The 67 is pretty bad imo, losing quite a bit of tension and feeling quite dull from the very beginning. Even a 31lbs one on a Bs10 doesn't have the same kind of feedback a 29lbs Bg80 gives me on a N90, and that's even comparing a very lively racket with one that's a bit more muted.
    Will see how the 62 fares in terms of durability - I don't think it'll last a week :D

6. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

ZM65 Royal Blue...

CAM00074.jpg

7. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

It actually looks like the really dark blue that the new BMW 3 series has.

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    wow, looks nice, is it out in the market right now? how about the performance compared to other colours?

10. Kirbit316

Kirbit316 Regular Member

Student
    Should I take any precautions as to hitting from .68 strings to hitting with .62 strings?

11. visor

visor Regular Member

^ You'll want to string 2-3 lbs lower.

12. Kirbit316

Kirbit316 Regular Member

Student
    22 pounds it is :) thanks

13. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

MBS has it. I bought 2. One for me and another for a friend. I'll probably only use it once I run out of ZM62.

14. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    ZM65 is awesome. I had it strung at 28lbs. I had an amazing smash to the center of the court the other day, got it right at the sweet spot, perfect swing, and the shuttle disappeared between the players. All 4 of us had the surprised look on our faces. It was like I hardly felt the shuttle, no vibration was felt on the shaft, and the sound was unique.

15. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    Everbody dont buy the Blue, its fake. I just talked to Ashaway about and here is what they said:

Your negative comment on ZM 65 makes no sense. There is no ZM 65 blue string. The only colors available are red,yellow and white.You cannot find a ZM 65 string in blue color in Denmark or any other country.

So,I think you must be referring to another string-not Ashaway ZyMax 65! Please return to using Ashaway ZyMax 65 yellow in your frame.

16. Jacob mm

Jacob mm Regular Member

School
    I have now sent MBS a mail, and we will see what they come up with. In the mean time, dont buy the Blue ZM65 :)

17. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

The colour option may be regional. So blue may not be available in EU but is an option in Asia.
    Heck you don't see silver/platinum listed as an option but I have the ZM62 in that colour. Also someone mentioned ZM65 in black as well.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Yes they probably didn't get the memo yet :D. ZM65 Black you can buy in the UK (for example) in official packaging but apparently it doesn't exist :rolleyes: (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/73137-Zymax-strings?p=2075465#post2075465) Perhaps reading off the original promo material of the ZM65 release
    As for platinum, that is an old discontinued original colour.

(wow autosave content works across platforms and computers :D, I was writing this reply last night when my laptop decided to die ...)

20. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    If it doesn't exist, what string is on my rackets? :)