Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

[​IMG]
    wow look at this.. they should all thank datuk Lee:p

2. flite

flite Regular Member

Congratulations to LD for winning his second successive gold medal!! A champion that is able to take whatever thrown at him and came out victorious once again. With all elements taken into consideration, it was a great match that was fairly fought out by both sides with such immense intensity in the end that I was literally in cold sweat lol. Results gladly accepted.

On what to say on LCW, I think many of us here in this thread share the same sentiment and already voiced out how we think and feel about him as a sportsman and his defeat yesterday. At one moment he looked so dejected on TV (struggling to hold back his tears) right after the match point and during the medal presentation that I thought it was the end for him. Then not long after when someone posted a video of him getting his post-match interview, he seemed to be back on his feet again. This guy is strong man. Stronger than what I expected of him given what he just went through moments ago.

So for LCW, despite yesterday lost, in the hearts of those who appreciate you, you deserves so much more than to just a few congratulatory and consolation notes. You are a champion too.

3. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    what is that?

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

free nasi kandar...

5. flite

flite Regular Member

For your info, many LCW fans went for the free meal today instead of feeling sad. For your info, LCW himself went for a shopping spree in London today instead of sulking, and would be given a hero's welcome home tomorrow.

By the way, feeling dejected for a lost in the Olympics Final is actually a privilege for both the fans and player come to think of it. Have you had that opportunity, ever, may I ask?:D

For the two posters: similar intentions, different implementation style, failed outcome.

#8645 flite, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Nasi Kandar giving badminton a boost

I wish more entrepreneurs are like Nasi Kandar Burhan who went ahead with the free lunch although his requirement was a gold medal.

This will sure cultivate are better and positive culture than some sour grapes of the nation(s).

Quote: He is still our hero. He is still our champion. Unquote. :D

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    seriously though...i'd rather pay for the nasi kandar than line up so long for a free one

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    so true.

but i know ppl who'd go through all the trouble and inconvenient just to get things for free. the idea of getting things without paying is stronger than the sense of inconvenient.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is called retail therapy. :)

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Or they also call it a "loss maker" to the nasi kandur seller. He hopes this great publicity will attract more business later, more than recover his earlier "loss".

I wonder whether nasi kandur is the same as "nasi lemak" in Singapore?

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It doesn't matter whether LCW will win GOLD or not

I believe that the celebration started as soon as LCW has made it to play at the FINAL.

It appears that it doesn't matter whether LCW will win GOLD or not.

12. flite

flite Regular Member

Provided one has the luxury and can afford it.;) My sympathy goes to those who suffered from Zelophobia.:)

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    LCW has stated in public that he wants to win the gold medal. Of course it does matter to him for all the sacrifices and hardship he has undergone especially during the last couple of months prior to LOG. His picture of dejection when he lost narrowly to LD was for all to see.

It is only logical that LCW fans will support him through thick and thin, even though he lost eventually. But to say they celebrate his loss is unthinkable. They gather in great numbers in the stadium and elsewhere to cheer him on for a victory. Maybe the promise of the free makan makes the loss more palatable for some.

14. flite

flite Regular Member

True. He wanted it so badly as much as his fans does. But the reality is a lost is a lost and I don't see any sour grapes here for that matter. Instead, I see some people trying to create some bush fire and try rub it in (the lost) to his fans.

As what is shown in the picture above many went for the free meals. Whether to celebrate his loss or for whatever reasons most importantly there is no resentment. Why should we when LCW had given his best or even more than that?

Again, the free makan is a privilege. Have you had yours uncle?;)

#8654 flite, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  15. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Actually , CHN wanted the gold medal more than anyone else...

If MS was the only category CHN didn't win gold(CHN won gold in all 5 category), it wouldn't look good for CL, CJ, LD and company. So of course LD had to step up his game in the final.

The only way LCW could beat LD is if LD not fully focused and felt like giving away freebies.

Let's hope INA can make a revival in badminton in the next decade... but CHN, KOR, JPN are very much in the driving seat now because badminton is becoming a more globalized sport. This means more Europeans are picking up the game. When that happens usually SE Asia will be phazed out because they are more suited to warmer conditions than europeans do.

16. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    i read in some news paper some one got heart attach and died when LCW failed to earn gold medal, its understanable because it was so close yet so far. LCW is the biggest hope maybe in the past 20 years to get the first gold medal at the Olympic games and now no one knows how long it will take to produce world class player like LCW im sure it will come but we dont know when will it be happen

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    that's really unfortunate. may that person RIP.

watching sports unfortunately does makes one's heart beat fast. literally not for the faint of hearts.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Frankly I feel sorry for LCW for being born in an era the same as LD. LCW iS a very familiar face to me since the Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006. Of course nobody could touch him then and his nearest rival was WCH I think. But WCH was no match. It was in the same Melbourne arena that saw the rise of SN, then as a very impressive 16-year-old Indian girl. Of course I took the opportunity of taking a pic with both LCW and SN.

LCW is known to be the most hardworking player in the MAS Team, so is LD. But LD is likely to take things easier from now onwards and this is when LCW can beat him on fitness, assuming he will continue to train hard and purposefully.

I like nasi lemak especially at a stall in the Golden Shoe carpark building at Raffles Place and indeed it will be a privilege if they give it out for free just one day. Maybe when Singapore wins an Olympic gold medal in any discipline. Hopefully we are talking about the same 'nasi' although it may be differently prepared.

19. victory

victory Regular Member

Retail therapy is a commercial hype.

It is for si si or those who believe in it.

Not for LCW.;)

20. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Not just hard to produce, but you also need to have people able to identify talent and fight for them. The story Morten Frost always talks about when he is doing commentary is the story of how he had to fight to get LCW into a Malaysia badminton program and how he didn't give up after the people in power denied him the first time.