2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
  2. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    I was told by my club's players that the quality of the US edition is better than the SP version. Well, since I'm planning to invest on such an expensive gadget (it's expensive to me, probably not for some people), I don't mind pay a little more for it. Would you mine to clarity a little bit in term of the quality of both edition, if possible, the JP version as well?

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    There is no evidence that any 'version' is any different from any other. Notice I use the word 'evidence' and not 'hearsay', such as "a guy from my club who knows a guy who knows a world champion stringer reckons..." etc. etc..

If you spend any time on the forums you'll notice that people tend to 'believe' there is a difference, but I haven't seen or read anything that tells me that you shouldn't buy a particular code because of quality issues, nor have I seen or read anything that tells me that JP coded rackets are worth the premium.

Knowing the Japanese well having worked there and with them on and off for 20 years or so, I can imaging that the JP ones could maybe have tighter specs or something along those lines as a symbol of nationalism or some such drivel, but really, I think it's mostly smoke-and-mirrors.

A real-world issue is that certain codes are more likely to be fakes, but even that is not really an issue unless you don't do your homework or buy something that is indeed too good to be true.

My advise is and has always been just buy whatever code from a trusted seller and you'll be fine. If you're buying for resell and you're one of those weirdos that doesn't take the plastic wrapper off the handle, then buy a code that holds value slightly better ie: not TW and definitely not CN.

Anyway, back on topic.......

4. azz09

azz09 Regular Member

IT Support
    Some info to share... most of the spec for VTZF 2 is similar to VTZF, nothing change.. only thinnest shaft with extras stiff make a difference. Being in LCW bag for a couple month ago but for sure more benefit for US rather for HIMSELF. If you like VTZF HH but cant handle the racket properly than this VTZF 2 is a must try before buying another rackets.

5. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    I wonder will it glow in low light or lights off. If yes, that's even more awesome.

6. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    True. I appreciate your output and thanks for your detail explanation. I totally agree what you said. But to purchase my racket from Asia and wanting them to ship all the way to the States, I doubt something might go wrong in between. I will probably do some research ahead before finalizing my thought.

Gosh! the zforce ii looks very appealing to me every time I look at it.

7. Nicky_Boy02

Space Explorer
    Haha. If it could glow in the dark, that will be really awesome!! Imagine starwars badminton in action

8. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Many overseas online retailers have proven to be super reliable and trustworthy. You won't exactly be a pioneer!

9. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Heh, I would like for that too. Top it up with a glow in the dark shuttlecock.

There will soon to be a YouTube video on night vision badminton game.

10. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    Indeed. I agree. At first, I thought it was only black but from the latest photos provided in Yonex website, it looks stunning. Can't wait to see the really thing.

#130 DStyle, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  11. DStyle

DStyle Regular Member

IT
    Don't forget, the court needs to glow as well with YONEX logo. LCW will wear his Tron suit to match them. :D

12. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Perhaps I could have phrased it better, but I don't think it's difficult to figure out what I intended to say given the context that certain words were used. It's not like the ZF is so heavy to the point that I can't even lift it or even swing it. Come on, this is no tennis racquet. By not being able to handle the racquet, I meant to say that instead of playing at 100%, I'd be at 80% if I were to describe it in percentage terms.

I was absolutely not making any sensationalist statements. Some people just don't play well with that racquet. The ZF is also probably not the most popular racquet amongst the pros either. There's absolutely nothing to get all fired up over. If you love it, then you love it. I don't care.

13. Sgt_Strider

Everyone is going to have their own opinions about the racquet. I was making that assertion base on the groups of people that I played with. No where did I suggest that it was a universally agreed upon opinion. You can even go and check out the ZF thread and you're going to find people that hate that racquet.

14. Sgt_Strider

15. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

As much as I like Matte finished products, on a racket not so good...
    The stickers move when stringing, even on my ZF2012LTD, my stringer managed to move the stickers under the coating ;/
    I liked the paint jobs on Nanoray 700s but didnt like the racket haha.

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Shouldn't it be called Z-Force Legacy, then?

17. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Not so fast yet, probably it'll be called that when he retires. Heh

We'll have a zforce II LCW retirement edition.

18. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Well I'm going to have to argue with them. The code is just a distribution code. They all play at all the same performance. US does have less fakes than JP and SP though but there are US Fakes I've seen some before.

19. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

There usually isn't a difference with the coding, unless you obtain a 'Player' version of the racket.

20. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    No no, that will be announced during his retirement. It will be an ultra ultra ultra stiff racket made from a nanomegapremeathalon material, titanium infused grommets, new penta-force voltage system and 20 km/ph more smashing power!

Oh, and cost £50 more too because, oh well you know... Why the hell not?