Lee Chong Wei is now No. 1

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by hoiboy79, Aug 21, 2008.

1. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Sorry for this off topic post, but Firefox and Google both report the website as being attacked (and containing malicious scripts). Has anyone noticed this or is it just me?

2. az_lu

az_lu Regular Member

Student
    OMG.. I wish this never happen... :crying:
    LCW was beaten easily by Lin Dan @ Beijing Olympics

3. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Ya. So great.

Hope that the HH trauma never will happen ON
    LCW

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Warning when visiting web site of Badminton World Federation

michael23 ... You can go to this thread located at: click here

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

dont worry , lcw wont get the yoyo disease :D:D:p

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    He sure enjoying to be number one then. Very good incentive from BAM. The bonus money for being top 5 is good. No one will complain about it. Well done kawan.

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Ya. He is probably now the happiest badminton player......:D:D

8. darkyboy

darkyboy Regular Member

i think lin dan will be a bit happier :D:D cos he won the olympics

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    LDs reward is less than CW, and also no Datukship, also dropped to WR No.2:D

10. darkyboy

darkyboy Regular Member

1 Datuk does not matter for lin dan as he is chinese not malaysian..
    2 lin dan has been wrld number 1 for many years and he can easily win it back by winning the upcoming tournies
    3 olympics champion is much greater than world number 1, throughout the year any year you can get to world number 1 but olympics is only once every 4th year.
    think man...

11. callistephus*

callistephus* Regular Member

now, highschoolstudent
    AGREE with u :cool:

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I agree. Olympic champion is greater than other title.

LD won that Gold medal bcos of help from CJ. (Just watch them play in the semis). But nobody help LCW. He won it (although silver) himself.

Dont involve yourself in the Match-Fixing Arrangement if you really want people to respect u as the 2008 BEIJING OLYMPIC BADMINTON MAN SINGLE'S GOLD MEDAL WINNER.

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i must 100% agree with this!!:):rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    That's why BWF should have some form of control on this to make it fair and square for everyone. If there are players of the same country playing each other in the semis, just boot one out and let another player from another country to take part in the semis. It is already a fact and everyone seems to be keeping a blind eye or denial on this.;)

Else allowing this to happen will kill the game and the respect for players like LD to win big tournament is not there. If this is truly a professional sports, then so be it because the stakes are high and the reward is just too good to let go.

So, BWF need to find a solution to this issue. Perhaps the price money for the booted out semifinalist should go to him (or 80-90%). And the replacement should be entitled to finals rewards; and if he looses, then he should get the qtrfinal and perhaps some percentage of semis share (like 10-20%); just for effort and participating sake.

Hence this eliminates any unfairness towards a country and good for the game. Anyone second this? Who's the petition king here?;) Closing ones eye will impair its credibility.

15. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Smell sour apple...

Don't think this is fair statement... though seen this kinds of excuse many times in the forum, but still like to object to it... cause this would not help LCW's fans to mature, but nourish their habit for looking for excuse like a girl...

hasn't other players include LCW met players of his own country in competitions? could this automatically wipe out the credibility of his subquent victories in the tournament just because he won his own countryman for good?

a win is a win, LD beat LCW to get the gold, LCW lost to LD to get the silver. That's it. No one held LD in the final game...

stand up and face the defeat like a man, work harder and try to beat LD to win a major title like WC. This is the right attitude of a sports' player.

16. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Hey now... that's hardly fair :p.

17. smash_master

smash_master Regular Member

player/coach/student
    although i can sense an argument will start on this i hope that its not to to big or anything. personally if i was in a tournament and regardless if there was match fixing or not for my country id be pretty pissed that i get kicked out of semis for that. like i dont think that is a good thing to do at all booting one out and puting in somebody else the player that made it to semies well they made it their they beat out the other person.

its like at national tournaments when i end up playing somebody from the same province or city as me its like saying oh you 2 are from the same province or city so were going to boot one of you out and let somebody from some other province/city take your place like no that wouldnt be fair or right at all. i would be pretty mad about that if it happened. same concept just on a smaller scale.

i can see where your comming from yes about how its all planned out already 1 of them will lose to the other on purpose or not so this woudl solve it and would give others a chance to expirence getting to semis but then they would also get more points than they otherwise wouldnt and that isnt fair so yeah, but this solution personally i feel isnt the way to go.

as per back to the topic LCW only has about 1500 more points and that can easily be made up by lin dan by winning one tournament.

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    CHN is arranging the match result. And they always practise it. Would you deny on this open secret?

I feel sick because not of the defeat of LCW's in the final against the ''champion'' LD, it's bcos of the Match Fixing Arrangement by CHN. (I bet u didnt watch that game - LD VS. CJ in the semis)

Be a professional player, play professionally.

As LCW's fan, i am very proud of his success in Olympic. (except the Datuk-ship) He play like a man. He fight like a man, a true professional badminton player.

LD and other CHN player? MATCH FIXING ARRANGEMENT.

They are Badminton sport's MAFIA!!

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    surprisely...dato is lcw fans...^^...i though is HH fans...:D...peace

20. pingchen23

pingchen23 New Member

Student
    I believe ethics is the most important element in a professional athlete, including a badminton player. IMHO, world ranking is just to tell everyone how many titles have you won, and not how good you are as an OVERALL BADMINTON PLAYER. The word OVERALL includes your spirit in court, your ethics etc, and not only your skills.

Similarly, LCW is now world no. 1 because he participated in more tournaments compared to LD. It doesn't really mean much IMHO.

However, previously when LD is ranked world no. 1, I too don't feel that he is the BEST player in the world due to his attitude (just my personal opinion, don't fire me please ^^).