Initiation For New Regular Group (Central)

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by ckzx93, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Due to the school holidays, and the ending 'O' Levels, I intend to start a new group for regular badminton games in the Central Region of Singapore. :)As it is the holidays, I am sure that badminton fans, who are students like me, would definitely want to play enjoyable games during this period. :)However, this group can only begin if there are regular players and of course their suggestions to make this group better in terms of how the whole thing works. We can only begin in the 3rd week of November:D as I have my 'O's to attend to. Therefore, my purpose today, is to propose and thus attract players to join me. No doubt that this group would strive to play better badminton.:p

People
    I need enthusiastic players.:D People who loves badminton; people who want to play better badminton; people of at least a high beginner standard (Badminton-Network Rating, BSR of at least 4.0). Thus, I cordially invite you to join our group.

Time & Venue
    This factor is questionable and is opened for discussion. :confused::confused:I am very free, thus should be able to make it for any session during the period. Weekdays morning and afternoons are preferable as they are easier too book. As Bishan Sports Hall has closed, and Hougang Sport Hall's 12 courts has been reduced to 4 courts due to the shift of gymnastics from Bishan to Hougang, we have or choices minimized to Yio Chu Kang, Toa Payoh or occasionally at Hougang Sports Hall.

List of Possible Venues
    Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    Toa Payoh Sports Hall
    Yishun Sports Hall
    Hougang Sports Hall
    Khatib CC
    Bishan CC
    Cairnhill CC
    Chengsan CC
    Punggol CC
    Thomson CC
    Teck Ghee CC
    Toa Payoh CC(s)
    Yio Chu Kang CC

Court Availability
    Since it is the weekday mornings and afternoons we are eyeing for, I am sure the courts would be readily available.

Costs Per Capita
    We are playing as a regular group. Total Cost for the courts will be split by the number of people attending.

For example: We are playing 2 hours from 10am-12pm on 2 courts Cost of courts: $14. If we have 10 people, each person will pay $1.40 for the courts.

As for shuttles, I intend to use the MB-02 (Goose Feather) from MB Sports Trading. We can get discount if we buy in bulk from there. Then, we would split the total cost for the shuttles among all the members separately from the cost of the courts. We would finish using every shuttle before purchasing again.

For example: We buy 3 tubes of MB-02. It costs $81. Since we have 10 people, each person would fork out about $8. We will finish the shuttlecock before we buy the next batch. This will ensure that everyone pays the same amount.

Thats about the factors that had been considered. I hope I get good response here, from students like me or maybe even working adults are all welcomed. Do leave your footprints here. Register your interest as well as to give suggestions. Thanks.:D

#1 ckzx93, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  2. angchor

angchor Regular Member

Count me in if at Hougang, Punggol n Sengkang area.

there are 2 courts at sengkang cc.

Prefered morning session. Thanks.

3. smist89

smist89 Regular Member

can count me in for the last week of november and december cos will be really free :D
    all the locations listed are quite okay cept that i may i need to go down for an game before u decide whether i can stay on in th e group or not :D

4. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    sure. please leave pm contact. i will collect details of potential players first. thanks.:D

5. zenith82

zenith82 Regular Member

Count me in. Might miss some games early December due to exams.

6. TPmint

TPmint Regular Member

me in also....shouldn't be a prob... as long there's a will, there's a way... time n place will not be a factor to me most of the time. pm u already my contact no.

7. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Current List Who are Interested

1. Zenith82
    2. Smist89
    3. Ivan Ng (Shiny_Honda)
    4. Leonard
    5. Glennson
    6. Christopher (ckzx93)
    7. gobez14
    8. TPmint
    9. angchor

If you are interested, please add your name to the list and PM me your contact. There will be a quota of maximum 20 people. Thanks. I will book the courts next week for the 3rd week of November. Will notify all of you here when I have already booked. Will book 3 courts (Sports Hall) each time; then decide if we need all 3 courts when the session comes.

8. irving

irving Regular Member

count me in thanks.

9. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Ok. Can send ur contact again please?:p Already deleted your contact last time.:D

10. Hydraling

Hydraling Regular Member

Undergrad
    I'm game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    We currently have 9 regulars and 2 irregulars(depending on the location of play). I have finalized the action plan we will take and will release it when more people join. Besides, the first session will be on Tuesday, 17th November 2009. Time and venue will be confirmed later.

12. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Final Action Plan

Regulars (TBC)
    1.Qing Fa
    2.Smist89
    3.Ivan Ng
    4.Leonard Lim
    5.Glennson Ong
    6.Christopher
    7.Fabian Yip
    8.Ziqing
    9.Irving
    10.To be taken
    11.To be taken
    12.To be taken
    13.To be taken
    14.To be taken
    15.To be taken
    16.Reserved
    17.Reserved
    18.Reserved
    19.Reserved
    20.Reserved

Non-Regulars
    1. Angchor (Only if at north-east)
    2. Hydraling (Only if held at TPY Sports Hall)

Time
    This will be subjective depending on court availability. I will post up the next week’s session a week before.

First Session: Tueday, 17th November 2009/Courts will be booked from 2pm – 6pm/ Location Court No. to be confirmed

Session attendance will be confirmed on Badminton Central Thread.

Duration
    Typical session would be for 2 hours. I usually will book 4 hours of court. Thus, we can decide after the game if we would like to continue.

Possible Venues
    1. Bishan CC
    2. Cairnhill CC
    3. Chengsan CC
    4. Khatib CC
    5. Punggol CC
    6. Teck Ghee CC
    7. Thomson CC
    8. Toa Payoh CC(s)
    9. Yio Chu Kang CC
    10. Hougang Sports Hall
    11. Toa Payoh Sports Hall
    12. Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    13. Yishun Sports Hall

Cost (For Regulars)
    Since we are playing regularly, costs will be split in to 2 sections. They are namely Court Fees and Shuttle Fees

Court Fees
    Each person who played in a particular session will pay court fees. It will be the total cost for the courts per person who attended. It will be paid after each session.

Shuttle Fees
    We will buy shuttles in bulk. The total cost of the shuttles will be split among all regulars. We will finish using the shuttles before getting the next batch. This will ensure that everyone pays the same amount.

Costs (Non-Regulars)
    Single sessioners will pay a flat fee of $5 per session. Fee collected will go to reimburse courts and shuttles.

Shuttles
    I will provide Protech PT-10 for the first session. We will discuss what shuttle to use and cost. We will collect the cash and purchase the shuttle. We will use the new shuttles for the following session.

Potential Choices:
    • MB-02
    • Protech PT-10
    • Yonex Aerosensa 40 (If we can afford)

Courts
    I will book 3 courts for 4 hours one week before the session. On that day of any session, we will see how the response is and thus decide accordingly how many courts we need and if we would like to extend play.

Things to Take Note (Adapted from Smist89)
    1. High beginner and intermediate players may join. Preferably Badminton Skill Rating (BSR), from Badminton-Network, of 4.0.
    2. Players who want to join must PM me with their name, age and gender and skill level. All regular players’ part of this group will have to pay the respective fees. Players who fail to do so in any way will not be allowed to join.
    3. Regular players that are under ‘To be Confirmed’ status should confirm 2 days prior to the day of the game to allow enough lead time.
    4. Last minute cancellation disrupts smooth planning. If you wish to cancel, please cancel 2 days in advance.
    5. Last minute cancellation without a replacement for a non-regular Player*** will put you in a situation where you will still have to share the cost of the court. (Collect at the next session)
    6. We will buy shuttles in bulk. The total cost of the shuttles will be split among all regulars. We will finish using the shuttles before getting the next batch. (I will collect the fee for shuttles from each regular member on the first session)
    7. We are a non-obligation group. Don’t feel pressured to turn up for all sessions if you cannot make it. You will definitely be priority over outsiders who want to join for the next session. You would not have to pay for your share if you do not appear; please inform me before hand or post in this thread.

Note: Clause 7 applies only for regulars. Non-regulars who wish to cancel must do so two days in advance; otherwise they will be made to pay their share of the court. If no payment is made, non-regular will be blacklisted.

There are still 6 slots available for others to join. Please PM your name, age and gender and skill level to register your interest.

Please look out for the first session on Tuesday, 17th November next Tuesday, 10th November

*** Regulars and Non-Regulars are defined at the top of this post. If you wish to be a regular or non-regular, please notify me. Thank you.

Ultimately, we will strive towards playing better badminton!:):D

#12 ckzx93, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  13. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Sorry to those who have not registered but interested. I am now limiting the number of regulars to 12. Since we have 9 regulars already, there is supposed to be 3 slots available. However, the 3 slots would be reserved. Thank you for your interest.

14. shiny_honda

shiny_honda Regular Member

student
    post edited by user -----

15. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Tuesday, 17th October 2009
    Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    2pm-4pm
    Courts To Be Confirmed

Regulars, please add you name to the attendance to confirm your appearance. If anyone wish to join but has not PMed me, please register your interest. We will consider your request based on the situation (How many people are going .etc). You will be set up as a non-regular and will pay non-regular fees.

Attendance:
    1. Christopher (Organiser)

Waiting List:

Things to Take Note
    1. High beginner and intermediate players may join. Preferably Badminton Skill Rating (BSR), from Badminton-Network, of 4.0.
    2. Players who want to join must PM me with their name, age and gender and skill level. All regular players’ part of this group will have to pay the respective fees. Players who fail to do so in any way will not be allowed to join.
    3. Regular players that are under ‘To be Confirmed’ status should confirm 2 days prior to the day of the game to allow enough lead time.
    4. Last minute cancellation disrupts smooth planning. If you wish to cancel, please cancel 2 days in advance.
    5. Last minute cancellation without a replacement for a non-regular Player will put you in a situation where you will still have to share the cost of the court. (Collect at the next session)
    6. We will buy shuttles in bulk. The total cost of the shuttles will be split among all regulars. We will finish using the shuttles before getting the next batch. (I will collect the fee for shuttles from each regular member on the first session)
    7. We are a non-obligation group. Don’t feel pressured to turn up for all sessions if you cannot make it. You will definitely be priority over outsiders who want to join for the next session. You would not have to pay for your share if you do not appear; please inform me before hand or post in this thread.

Note: Clause 7 applies only for regulars. Non-regulars who wish to cancel must do so two days in advance; otherwise they will be made to pay their share of the court. If no payment is made, non-regular will be blacklisted.

#15 ckzx93, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  16. shiny_honda

shiny_honda Regular Member

student
    Attendance:
    2. Ivan Ng (Co-organiser)

Waiting List:

Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    2pm-4pm

Exact courts will be confirmed soon. We may extend the session by 1-2 hours, making it last until 5 or 6pm, depending on whether you all want to continue playing. Please indicate as well if you would like an extension of 1 or two hours, or none at all, when confirming your attendance on this thread. Thanks :)

#16 shiny_honda, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  17. TPmint

TPmint Regular Member

Attendance:
    3. Ziqing

Waiting List:

Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    2pm-4pm

Exact courts will be confirmed soon. We may extend the session by 1-2 hours, making it last until 5 or 6pm, depending on whether you all want to continue playing. Please indicate as well if you would like an extension of 1 or two hours, or none at all, when confirming your attendance on this thread. Thanks :)

18. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Courts have been confirmed.
    Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    2pm-4pm

Court 2 & Court 3

19. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Please Post Attendance In This Format

Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    2pm-4pm
    Court 2 and Court 3

Attendance:
    3. Ziqing

Waiting List:

Things to Take Note
    5. Last minute cancellation without a replacement for a non-regular Player will put you in a situation where you will still have to share the cost of the court. (Collect at the next session)

Please bring at least $10 for the first session. We will discuss the choice of shuttles, collect the fee and purchase them in bulk.

We are a non-obligation group. Don’t feel pressured to turn up for all sessions if you cannot make it. You will definitely be priority over outsiders who want to join for the next session. You would not have to pay for your share if you do not appear; please inform me before hand or post in this thread.

Note: The above applies only for regulars. Non-regulars who wish to cancel must do so two days in advance; otherwise they will be made to pay their share of the court. If no payment is made, non-regular will be blacklisted.

20. ckzx93

ckzx93 Regular Member

Student
    Yio Chu Kang Sports Hall
    2pm-4pm
    Court 2 and Court 3

Attendance:
    3. Ziqing
    4. Fabian (gobez14)
    5. Fabian's Friend

Waiting List:

Things to Take Note

Please bring at least $10 for the first session. We will discuss the choice of shuttles, collect the fee and purchase them in bulk.

We are a non-obligation group. Don’t feel pressured to turn up for all sessions if you cannot make it. You will definitely be priority over outsiders who want to join for the next session. You would not have to pay for your share if you do not appear; please inform me before hand or post in this thread.

Note: The above applies only for regulars. Non-regulars who wish to cancel must do so two days in advance; otherwise they will be made to pay their share of the court. If no payment is made, non-regular will be blacklisted.