Who is the trick master???

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Wong8Egg, Feb 12, 2008.

1. TheSmasher

TheSmasher Regular Member

Student
    Chen Jin with his not-look trick!
    i'm forgot when but he did it twice in that game..

2. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Hendrawan , ive heard so much about him sounds amazing , but never really seen a lot of matches of him playing.

I think peter gades deception , out of all the players at the moment is the best , amazing deception. He has such power and can easily just flick his wrist at the last second. AMAZING!

3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    IMHO Gades is a shadow of hendrawan. Get a DVD of Hendrawan it will be well worth the investment.

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Of the current active players, I would say LCW. Just take a look at AE1990, ZJH would be the all-time best;):D

5. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

Mia Audina Tjiptawan...:cool::cool::cool:

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

dont forget kenneth jonassen too;)
    imo, he can be very tricky with all his tricks :Dif he is at his very best tho

7. hendrawanfan

hendrawanfan Regular Member

Buyer
    Hendrawan's " Look netting but flick to the right, hold the racquet to its final touch"...what a master piece! In other word, "No Look Pass" :D~

Dont you guys reckon the Pre-2006's Lin Dan is pretty deceptive as well? His style WAS mirror to XXZ & CH. He seldomly makes those tricky shots these days, maybe change of style of play?....He becomes more aggressive and fast playing style, opponent very hard to catch his rhythm of his games. Sudden fast and sudden of change of speed, plus his overhead stroke which is quite deceptive, eventually leads his opponent to the wrong way? is it a postmodern game of badminton, or should i ask something much more related to this topic,does this count as new style of badminton trick shot?

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    for me...lcw delay his return for abt one or 2 second...wait opponent to move 1st...tat is tricky...wait i wake up...i go replay...sgo final...2008...lcw vs ss...2nd set...lcw return ss trick shot at the net...ss return another trick shot...and lcw do it yet a again and finally won tat point...my describetion is bad...haha...now go to bed 1st...wake up just go to see which point...^^...

9. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, I'm also thinking lcw is the trick master but his opponents started to read his deceptions. ld was the only player who could make for it with his super speed and anticipation and sony is another player who can deal with it.

10. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Pre-2006 LD was hardly deceptive IMO. Maybe a shot here and there, but back in those days, his big weapons were his around the head smash, and jump smash. Now he just has to zip around the court, he is playing more smart now, and doesn't smash so much.

11. ae86trueno

ae86trueno Regular Member

After watching Hendrawan's game I agree he is one of the most deceptive player. Other player definitely have some trick but not on same league as Hendrawan. Like LD, yes he does have trick but he is more of power player rather than tricky player.