Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

VT 80 definitely my thumbs up racket...so far among all that i have used....

2. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Mine too. Have 2 3UG3, with original grip removed and replaced with AC102 Super Grap, strung with BG66 Maxima @ 26/28 #s. Finally, a racquet combo I can live/play with. :)

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Forgot to mention that we went through the Victor Tournament shuttles like butter. I swear it must be an old batch cuz they just plain suck. Switch to Yonex AS40 midway the 2nd game. Way better it terms of flight and durability (at least to both of us). Will use up the AS40 and then go for the AS30 next. After that I'll try some other brands.

4. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

Would you say anything lower than AS30 is not up to par with other quality makes? Thnx.

5. CanucksDynasty

I'm probably not the best person to answer that question since I just switch to feathers in April 2011. I decided to try the best feathers first and then work the way down. My cut-off point is AS30 (no real reason).

So far I've bought and we tried (one tube each)...
    1. Yonex AS50 CDN$35 - the best so far but also pricey.
    2. Yonex AS40 CDN$30 - just tried it so need more play time to judge.

My friend bought and we tried (one tube each)...
    1. Victor Master Tournament CDN $25?? - was ok but just didn't play right (wasn't as durable as AS50).
    2. Victor Tournament CDN $20?? - god awful (might be a bad batch) since it kept dying after a smash (went through 3 shuttles in 1 game).

6. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I'm using the Victor Champion No. 3 and they are quite durable... Typically with most birds, I just demolish them!! My friends hate me for it because I ruin a perfectly new RSL Tourney bird in 3 hits (smashes)... The Champion No. 3 we're using now lasts 3 games!!!!

IMO the Yonex and BK shuttles definitely are more durable... Heck I like looking for BK birds around the gym for practice purposes :p

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

No - not in the slightest. Having strung my tester and watched how the frame behaved, I'd say it's probably the strongest frame for its thickness out there atm.

8. elite88

elite88 Regular Member

VT70 vs VT80

I am currently using VT70 and would like to try VT80, but the feedbacks on VT80 is that it is a heavier racquet than VT70. I have using AT700 for a while before, but after using VT70 I like the power on the racquet with a bit lighter heavy. Please give me feedbacks on VT80 if you have used it before. I currrently using AT900P and VT70 and have tried Arcsaber Z Slash but didn't like the feel of it.

Thx:)

9. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    If you like the 900P more, just stick with the VT70. I prefer the 700 over the 900p anyday and was unimpressed with the VT70. Vt80 is closer to the 700 and that's why I like it. The grommet system is far inferior to the 700 though.

10. notnimdab72

notnimdab72 Regular Member

is vt80 or vt70 better? or are victor rackets better?

11. feather_guy

feather_guy Regular Member

Is it just me or does the VT 80's paint chip VERY easily? After a 5 hour training session, I mishit on my frame of my VT 80 twice, and both times resulted in small chips in the paint. Albeit the mishits were on heavy jump smashes, but the VT 80 chips rly easily. Does anyone else's VT 80 chip easily?

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Yes and Yes...

VT80 has better material, both have the "cheap" fat-frame. Victor MX80 etc have better frames, but which model of YY, Victor, LN, that suits each individual player is VERY diefferent. So "better" is subjective.

13. GUENNIIIII

GUENNIIIII Regular Member

Industrial Manager
    yeah mine too....I clutch with a noob and now the chip is getting bigger and bigger the paintjob really kind of splattering

14. feather_guy

Ah kk I'm a little more reassured now that it's not just me. But I'm curious as to why the VT 80 chips easily, I've never had this problem with my NS 9900.

15. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I mishit several times... Really really hard and my VT80 still looks brand spanking new... Maybe the distribution DOES affect the quality...

16. feather_guy

Is your's CD? Mine is CH.

17. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I bought mine off another BCer from Australia... AS Coded....

When I mishit.. I mishit really hard because typically it's during a smash where the speed of the bird is different because we changed midway through the game... And since each player tosses in their own bird, the brand and speed differs...

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    My VT80 had paint-defects brand new, even before i used it, when i inspected the frame!

19. CanucksDynasty

Played 3 games of mens doubles this weekend. Worked up a good sweat. I partnered up with my friend with the Arc10. Trash talking my other friends/opponent :p.

It was a disappointment that we lost the first game 13-15. Heh...had to eat crow. But my excuse is we were playing with plastic (Mavis300). Damn...my smashes had no angle with it. Also...we don't get to play together all to often...so we were rusty in some areas of court coverage. So a few mishits here and there. 2nd game went better as we won 15-10. 3rd game was a blowout...15-7.

I noticed the my drives weren't all that great compared to when I had played with my Kimoni NP3000. I couldn't put it away with just the drives. Probably due to the head heaviness of the VT80.

I think I'll stick with the VT80 for singles and get a new racket for doubles ;). Like my excuse to get a new racket? :D

20. KLFreedom

KLFreedom Regular Member

I tried VT80 last night, and boy...it was totally different from my expectation. I expected to have tremendous power in smashing and flat drive, but not in defence. Last night I was able to defend and lift all of my friends smashes to the baseline and some even got out. The netplay ws amazing, and i could did netkill easily thanks to the fast swing speed. Wow, I really need to get my hand on this vt80...