Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    PBSI should fire Lilik Sudarwati.......I do not think she knows what she is doing

2. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    Hau-ge,could u share some with us??

who is she??never heard her name before

3. PoLLuX

PoLLuX Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, come on Hauge. We would like to know too PBSI in Susi's perspective.

For Lilik Sudarwati, I believe she is Kepala Sub Bidang Psikologi in PBSI. Well, maybe she is responsible for the lack of mental strength in our athletes?

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yeah glad to hear that she cares,i hope she 'do' something also.
    hmm let her husband manage the Astec :rolleyes:

5. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

My view on mismanagement on PBSI.

1. Please give one place on PBSI Vice Head to badminton people, this time both Vice Head are placed by Military person. Many some good idea from bottom couldn't read by PBSI Head, it likes bottle neck.

For comparation :
    When Mr. Try Sutrisno era (he was the military too), he didn't brink any his friend from his squad in Army to PBSI but he choosed the right person on Organization and Development. We can see the glory on Barcelona 1992 after INA down 0n 80s to early 90s.
    When Mr, Sutiyoso era, he also didn't bring his friends into PBSI organization. So many big effort from him especially on PBSI funding, collected it from many bussines companies in Jakarta.

2. General Secretary, please do on your area don't much influence on Technical Section. I think it's clear the portion of this department. We wants see PBSI is clean and clear like in the past when some people said that PBSI was exception among typical of some sport organization in Indonesia. But this time is different story.

3. Development Department (Binpres). I think enough the current head take this position. Thanks for your doing but I think many badminton people are better than him. We need more fresh, new, energetic technics & idea in this department, We can see them on many people on big clubs in Indonesia.

6. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Agree, I think PBSI don't need her too.
    Can she rise up the mental of players during she stay together ?
    Maybe we need the more experience Psychologist to assist them on big event but no need to stay together with them on long time.
    She came on Pelatnas after Seleknas 2009, most of us know this is whose idea. Sorry to say Seleknas 2009 is the worst PBSI Recriutment, too much and too old.

7. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Uhm, yes... :(

She is supposed to be improving everyone's mental strength... but she added some chaos here and there... :(

You're right on all 3 points, Sandy... :p

The solution rests solely on Pak Joko Santoso now... He will have to make the hard [probably unpopular] breakthrough decisions. His options are actually limited.

The good workers are afraid to enter this jungle called PBSI. Life outside PBSI is quite comfortable for many... No need to make their life difficult by entering an organization with little vision with quite a long-running history of weak management [PBSI]...

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    The problem with Lilik..she is using "women's power" to influence certain people for certain policies which is not suitable for Badminton...basically she destroys PBSI..seriously whose idea to hire certain coaches in Pratama? what criterias? WE need good coaches to train Pratama...
    also she directs Badminton into academy...this is badminton not some sort of badminton management...
    Also she uses so many English phrases whgich some of them i do not think she knows.,,,,let alone those INA badminton players..

Anyway..some of them had been used by her direct and indirectly...

Also I think PBSI Management should leave training dept alone to those coaches which understand Badminton more than the Management...a lot of them think they know what they are doing... do not think so..even getting main sponsor is tough for them and they make it tough for NO REASON....

Also miscommunication is BIG PROBLEM....seriously you tell one sentence to A then A to B, B to C, C to d..trust me at the end D to E will be totally different..

PBSI should use DIRECT Communication, no middleman...listen to coaches/players without any fitlers and Mr. JOKO should make himself available for certain meetings...so far I have not heard PBSI is having General Meeting...

Also coaches should do specific program for each players....like Maria Kristin can not be trained under Marleve's method which suitable for attacking players...

Anyway the way I see is...many unnecessary things can be done and no need to be there...anyway..I can go on and on and on....

We are very very lucky to win 1 gold medal at Asian Games

#1988 huangkwokhau, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Does Siregar really have any legacy with PBSI?

M F Siregar is still listed as "Special Staff" on the PBSI website, although this respected soul passed away some weeks ago. What has he given PBSI, and are any of his ideas being implemented?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/...sses-his-golden-legacy-sport-development.html

MF Siregar passes on his golden legacy to sport development
    The Jakarta Post | Mon, 10/04/2010 9:18 AM | Headlines

Indonesian sports guru Mangombar Ferdinand Siregar, 81, passed away on Sunday at 2 p.m. after being hospitalized for a month suffering organ failures. He is survived by his five children.
    Siregar’s remains will be buried at Petamburan Cemetery, likely on Tuesday, pending the arrival of his eldest daughter, Lisa Farida, from California.
    Siregar — who dedicated six decades of his life to sports development — was the architect behind Indonesia’s glory at the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona.
    His ideas have been implemented in various national sports development programs and have helped Indonesia excel at an international level.
    Susy Susanti, the 1992 Olympic gold medalist, dedicated her gold medal to Siregar, who had been banned by doctors from watching the match because of his heart illness.
    “At that time I had only thought of fighting my hardest for opa [‘grandpa’, as Siregar was familiarly known].”
    Siregar was also behind Indonesia’s success at the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games. Since it first took part in the biennial event in 1977, Indonesia has only bowed down twice to host Thailand in 1985 and 1995. Siregar remembered how then president Soeharto had been very upset at the result.
    “If you knew that we might have lost, why didn’t you do anything to prevent it,” Siregar said quoting Soeharto. Later on, Soeharto issued a Presidential Instruction and ordered all ministers help in the preparations for the 1987 SEA Games.
    Siregar, born on Nov. 11, 1928, had always loved sports. During his youth, his only dream was to play soccer at the Vios soccer field, now Menteng Park, and to swim at Manggarai swimming pool — both were for Dutch residents only. He was very proud of his success in holding a swimming competition at the Manggarai pool, despite the ban there which read “natives/dogs forbidden.”
    His dedication earned him an honorary doctorate from the Jakarta State University and the Olympic Order from the International Olympic Committee.
    Before being taken to Abdi Waluyo Hospital in Menteng, Central Jakarta, on Aug. 30, Siregar was still writing on what the government should do to develop sports. He suggested learning from the United States where parents monitor their children’s physical activities from birth.
    His final dream was to introduce sporting values — responsibility, discipline and fairness — into other aspects of people’s lives.
    “If those values are implemented, [the older generation] can leave this nation peacefully because the next generation will be tough, disciplined, hard-working and peaceful. Siregar said. — JP

10. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Haha so PBSI has 2 insider "destroyers" from same city/province this time, just add one to complete be "three musketeers".
    Sadly, so much useless and negative contribution Officials in PBSI. Just see INA Badminton down deep and deeper with lack of responsibility of PBSI's head.

11. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Nitya and Shendy will be split next year.
    They are not going to Hong kong and India Open but Shendy will go and play XD with Devin

12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

wow,so nitya and shendy will pair with who? :)

13. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    'women's power'?!? What's that?!?!? :p

Lucky to win 1 gold medal all the time... all the time... but somehow we keep winning gold after gold after gold... year after year after year... :p Hehehe...

Oooo? I heard the 'trio Macan' of PBSI, never heard of the 'three musketeers'... :p

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

PBSI Clears Path for Men’s Duo, Coach to Reunite
    Ami Afriatni | December 08, 2010

National team men’s doubles coach Sigit Pamungkas is set to resign from the Cipayung national training camp and return to his club, Jaya Raya.

The Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) confirmed the news on Wednesday, saying it agreed to release the coach so he could help train the country’s top men’s doubles pair of Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan for the 2012 London Olympics.

“Sigit has been assigned to help prepare Markis Kido and Hendra Setiawan to defend their Olympic gold medal in London,” Lius Pongoh, head of the PBSI’s training camp, told the Jakarta Globe on Wednesday.

“Owing to the fact that [Markis and Hendra] resigned from the camp earlier this year and have been training at Jaya Raya ever since, we allowed Sigit to resign in order to train them at the club.”
    --------------------------------------------
    *Full article through The JakartaGlobe.com -- http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/badminton/pbsi-clears-path-for-mens-duo-coach-to-reunite/410662

15. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Any entry list who will play in MAS SS 2011?

16. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I'm curious too,
    Hope MKY on the list. although she have to play in Qualifying

17. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Exactly! Hahaha
    thats what i want to know also,will MKY play at there or no. :D

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

The entry list out already?

19. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Nope..but usualy HauGe will let us know the entry list of INA Team before the official entry list release by bwf.
    Haha

20. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    There is a chance that Nova will partner with Vita for next year's tournament......again it is not official yet