KAZUMASA SAKAI ( 坂井 一将 )

Discussion in 'Japan Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Nov 25, 2012.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    It is really necessary to open a separate thread to this wonderful player Kasumasa sakai as he is improving his ranking silently with great potential underneath. Though i could not find his date of birth and place of birth and all related details, i hereby request some of our japan forum friends to help me in this regard to fill the related details of him in this particular thread..:)

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yesterday he finished runner up in the Scottish International badminton tournament. :) I watched online the finals between him and Anand pawar. The way he played really amazed me. Extremely fast in the court. He has great potential .

3. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

It's Kazumasa Sakai, not Kasumasa Sakai. He is representing Unisys and is in the national team B. He is 22 years old and 179cm.

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Thanks Suetyan. He was excellent in the court . Sorry . I dont know how to edit it now.. Am really sorry. But i wanted to open a thread for this youngster as it is extremely necessary..:)

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have some pictures and an autograph :) truly is a very good player :)

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Kazumasa Sakai finishes the year with a win over Sho Sasaki in then Japan league, 21-11, 22-20 and in control from start to finish.

It's interesting to note how much Sasaki's form has just disappeared after the Olympics.

Also interesting to note that Unisys fielded Sakai over Takuma Ueda, although Sakai has showed excellent form recently in the national championships. This should see him promoted to Japan Team A.

Suetyan, is Takuma Ueda injured?

Edit: here's the link to the match...

http://youtu.be/qDrT-5E_hy8

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Quality of the match is ok. But horrible angle with which it was taken :(.

Its clearly seen that this youngster is excellent in court. He has changed his style of play a lot in recent times it seems. The way with which he played against Anand pawar was totally different. Happy NewYear Sakai.:)

8. IsaacCWang

IsaacCWang Regular Member

Actually I really like this angle. I think a lot of people prefer an angle like this to better show intensity and skills over the TV camera angle.

Anyways, Kazumasa Sakai has had some good results lately, and it looks like he's got good point construction. Hopefully he won't have only a brief time on the main stage like some Japanese players have had.

9. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

im not sure what happened to Ueda. But I was there that day for the final. I witnessed his victory over Sasaki. He was great! But, recently Sasaki is in poor form, he even lost to some low ranked players like the Malaysian team player CWF.

10. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

I'll take this angle or the angle which "badlandmovie" tapes his with his UWA / fisheye lens over the high TV angle that the BWF employs any day of the week. I usually just watch one player during singles anyway, and these angles give a better sense of angle, speed and rhythm than the high camera pos'n.

11. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    The thread title has been trimmed to show only the player's name.
    This is to bring uniformity to all the players' threads in the Professional Players section.