Looking for a racket recomendation

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by fries, Oct 21, 2013.

1. fries

fries Regular Member

Student
    Im an intermediate player, playing for my school team. I like smashing and tend to do it more than net play or drop shots, so im looking for a head heavy racket with a stiff (or medium-stiff) shaft. My budget would be around $100 or so... (the racket i have now is a arcsaber 8dx and ive tried voltric z-slash but didnt really like it)

I kinda want something from li-ning, victor, adidas or yonex (preferably the first three brands because i want to see how the other brands play out for me)

2. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Since you live in HK how much do high end rackets cost for you usually? For example how much would VT70 cost? On MBS it costs $190, but I'm sure there are some retailers in HK that would sell it less than 190USD.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    VT70 is around 150USD in HK

back to the recommendation, i really enjoyed the Li Ning N80, because of the stiff shaft which allowed me to be quick, but not as head heavy as the N90 which feels like a hammer. but then again i like flashy rackets, so gold is def attractive to me. i would also recommend the vtzf and i'm not sure if you have tried the arc z slash, or the voltric z force but there's not voltric z slash i don't think :)

victor, i would recommend the superwave35 or the spira21, they are both head heavy, and both have stiff shafts. in fact, somehow when i play with them side by side, same vs850 string same 24x25 tension, they feel the same...weird. my bravesword11 is medium flex to me so i wouldn't recommended.

and i would assume your $100 is in USD currency and not HKD :)

4. fries

fries Regular Member

Student
    I actually bought my arcsaber for around 130USD but the high end rackets usually cost around $190 at retailers

5. fries

fries Regular Member

Student
    yeah my mistake i actually meant z force :p i will definitely check around for those rackets, the li ning N80 looks really good to me and seems to receive good reviews from others too :) the other two sound nice too. Thanks for the recommendations :)

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Other good alternatives would b Yonex VT-70 n Victor TK-6ooo. Suitable rackets for baseline players like urself.