Hafiz not in training with coach Misbun

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by winnie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

True, I'm also curious about this. Why would they want to keep HH ? Is it because Yonex paid NM, to sponsor HH ? :confused:. What a mess...

2. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Kwun cant read malay, so I would understand why he's asking the question.
    Hitman71, if you read the articles posted in the links & do your own search, it's covered by the malay press. I dont translate or post all the links, too tedious, a lot of drama only, not much factual points.

For those who cant read malay but interested to know the juicy details :

1) Jailani said bf Nusa has contract with the sponsor Yonex & that Hafiz has contract with Nusa till end of 2008. Hafiz is listed as one of the Nusa's players in Nusa's contract with Yonex. So, if Hafiz jumps ship now, would be some breach of contract between Nusa & Yonex.

2) And as far as Nusa is concerned, a breach of contract for leaving early.

3) Jailani told Hafiz Yonex might take action if Hafiz jumps ship now.

4) Hafiz said KLRC has pointed out that they wouldnt sign Hafiz until the situation with Nusa is settled.

5) The weird thing is : today, in Harian Metro, Hafiz said he never signed any contract with Nusa, never got any salary/allowance from Nusa. The salary part was confirmed by Jailani. Contract part : one say have contract, one said no sign....

6) In any case, Hafiz said he'll meet up with Yonex to seek clarification.

So, it's a catch 22 situation for Hafiz, he might end up with 0.

Thanks Temasek, that news already came out in Msian press on 2 feb

#103 eaglehelang, Feb 4, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  4. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    How much do KLRC have to pay for the transfer fee of Mr. yOyO?

5. eaglehelang

And more drama to watch for CNY...

from NST

'No one can stop me from moving'

By : Ajitpal Singhajitpal

HAFIZ Hashim (pic) has urged all parties, including the National Sports Council (NSC) and BA of Malaysia (BAM), to respect his decision to join Kuala Lumpur Racquet Club (KLRC) Bhd.
    "I thank Nusa Mahsuri for guiding me for the past nine years but they cannot hold me back as I did not sign any contract with them throughout the tenure," said Hafiz at Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara yesterday.

"The NSC and BAM can only advise me but can't force me to stay on with Nusa. I'm confident that what I'm doing now is right and no one can stop me from moving."

On Nusa's claims that he was contracted with Yonex under their flagship, Hafiz said he did not sign any contract with the company.
    "I would have received payments if I had signed with Yonex. They (Nusa) claim that they might lose the contract if I leave but that's not my problem anymore," said the former All-England champion.

Hafiz, 26, was also annoyed with Nusa chairman Jalani Sidek's claims that he (Hafiz) had never brought up his intentions to leave the club.

"I met Jalani twice -- the last time was last week -- and on both occasions I brought up the matter about switching to KLRC but yet he claims that I never told him.

"Nusa should thank me for my services over the years. I made them proud by winning titles but they do not realise that."

On when he would be joining KLRC, Hafiz said he needed to settle a few things and reach an understanding with BAM and NSC before changing camps.

"There are a number of things I need to discuss with them including whether I'm still needed in the national team," he said.

Hafiz, who won the 2006 Philippines Open, stressed that his commitments with the national team would not change when he moves to KLRC.

"I will continue serving the national team under any coach as long I'm needed.

"My focus now is to help Malaysia win the Thomas Cup Asia Zone Qualifiers in Vietnam (Feb 19-24)," said the World No 24, who added that the problem of insufficient sparring shuttlers or creditable coaches to guide him in KLRC does not arise as he will still get to spar with top shuttlers when training with the national team.

Meanwhile, national singles coach Misbun Sidek, a founding member of Nusa, admitted that Hafiz was more committed to training after making his announcement to move to KLRC.

However, Misbun declined to comment on Hafiz's move to KLRC.

"I will only make comments when everything is clear. For now, he has yet to submit a letter to BAM on his intentions."

#105 eaglehelang, Feb 4, 2008
  6. eaglehelang

And the Eng ver of what came out in the malay press :

from The Star

Shuttler Hafiz may face problems getting out of Nusa
    By RAJES PAUL

KUALA LUMPUR: Shuttler Mohd Hafiz Hashim has made a plea to all parties concerned to allow him to move on in his bid to revive his flagging career without making it difficult for him.

But Jalani Sidek, the president of his club, Nusa Mahsuri, said that Hafiz could not just walk out that easily.

On Friday, Hafiz announced that he was bent on ending a nine-year relationship with the club after a two-hour meeting with Jalani. He also said that he planned to join another professional club, KLRC Bhd.

The world number 24 cited financial woes and his determination to come out of a slump as some of the reasons for coming to the decision.

Jalani said that Hafiz's contract with the club and sponsors Yonex had made the issue complicated. He added that Hafiz was part of Yonex's sponsorship with the club for this year.

“I highlighted this matter to him during our meeting. Yonex sponsor Nusa but we do not only take care of Hafiz alone. It is similar to the BAM (Badminton Association of Malaysia). The BAM use their sponsorship money to provide equipment and allowances for everyone under their banner,” said Jalani.

“I told him that Yonex may impose a penalty if he leaves. He said he would meet Yonex to sort out the matter. But I am surprised he wants to join KLRC. This was not discussed at all during our meeting.”

Jalani added that Hafiz had jumped the gun as far as financial assistance for him was concerned.

“Hafiz told us about the pay cut. I brought it up to the BAM and the NSC (National Sports Council) and the matter was about to be resolved. He should have waited,” he said.

Jalani said that the club had come a long way to improve on their working relationship with the BAM and the NSC but feared that Hafiz's action could create a rift again.

“Nusa have a history with the BAM. There have been problems in the past but we gave our blessing for Hafiz to join the national training programme because we put the country's interest first,” he said.

“We do not have the capacity to pay the allowance to Hafiz but both the NSC and the BAM took up the role. Now he wants to leave and I don’t think that is right. It is like going against the hands that feed him.”

However, the 26-year-old Hafiz said that he had been a responsible club player and hoped that they would allow him to fend for himself.

“I stand by my decision to leave and I hope Nusa will let me go. For the last nine years, I have played my part to win honours for the club. Now it is time for me to be independent,” said Hafiz after a training session at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
    “Even parents have to let their children go at one point of their life.”

Hafiz added that he would meet the representatives from Yonex to clear the issues on his status as a player.

“Yes, I am aware of the contract with Yonex. But why is it difficult to let me go?” he asked.

“Yonex are sponsoring Nusa and not me alone. There should not be any problem for me to leave. If Yonex are sponsoring Nusa because of my name, why has there been no payment made directly to me? I am not materialistic or money-minded. But there are questions that need to be answered.

“I will always be indebted to Nusa and Misbun Sidek (his coach) for helping me to be where I am now.

“Now I have to think of my interest. It is pointless to make me stay with them when I am determined to revive my career elsewhere. I really hope everyone will respect and understand my decision.”

Hafiz said that he would only approach KLRC after solving his problems with his club.

7. Hitman71

Hitman71 Regular Member

:D :D I can read malay, but I rarely read the malay press because well like you said / posted not much factual, just more sensations :confused: :rolleyes: :D.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Even if Hafiz join the Mickey Mouse Badminton Club, he will still win nothing.

No big loss for Msia. Infact, we should just drop him from even taking part in the Thomas Cup.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    thats new issue.to cope with this,i suggest u to read certain columners' writings in malays press.they write facts n honest in words.n believe me,they wrote better than any english press.they understand our sports community better.

i know azahan.the others,dont remember their name.they are good.

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    in time being,we may dont have any choice except to include hafiz.
    when he is still young,just give him space n more time.
    i believe he'll be back.

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Irrespective of whether is a spent force or a potential miracle come-back kid, he is within his right to walk away if he has never signed any contract with NUSA. NUSA's contract with Yonex, if based on its confidence in having a pool of potential world-beaters but without any contractual hold on its players, is like playing dice with faith. Playing on Hafiz's moral obligations can be questionable, because Hafiz can also question NUSA's moral obligations towards him. Nobody likes to have his or her name used by a third party to profit in a one-sided arrangement.

12. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    u can choose to look at this in that pointview.i believe theres another reason.i choose to believe in that.

they are still BELIEVE in Hafiz.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Why is it that Malaysia being a badminton playing nation and with government financial support are not able to have players ready to step in after Hafiz???

Today we dont have a choice except Hafiz is due to poor management in BAM. You put a bunch of politicians to run BAM, in the end you will get nonsense. This is the core of the Malaysia Boleh problem.

If we aspire, and I mean really aspire to win that Olympic gold or the WC, I suggest we do away with the usual "he is still young, give him space n more time" type of thinking.

14. eaglehelang

They are supposed to be objective, report the facts as it is. The English press tones it down a little. The malay press tend to show their bias in editorials - The Berita Harian one has strong dislike for KLRC, 2x has bashed KLRC, which is actually not very professional.

We do, we do, if want give exposure, give chance to TCS aka monkey. If want to give chance to gain OG points, LTS, one extra tourney for them.

Unfortunately, they have already chosen Hafiz for Thomas Cup qualifiers, it's past the deadline to change. With Hafiz's move to KLRC, in future team events, that may very well change.

In Hafiz's case, a lot of Msia fans already given up on Hafiz.... "he's still young thinking" dont apply, cos he's past thinking about, it's not the view of many fans or media or Misbun or NSC Director or BAM President. The malay press sports editorial is saying "Hafiz who?", etc, etc.

#114 eaglehelang, Feb 4, 2008
  15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, thats the problem exactly with Malaysia. Hafiz should have been dropped years ago. We keep on hoping against hope. BAM should show the door to any shuttlers that dont perform or have the wrong attitude. Everything should be based on performance, not past glory or playing favourites here and there.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I concur with Pemuda,...let HH go...no point keeping him...focus on the youngster..like Arif, TCS,....and more.......HH is down and out at the moment...maybe he could make a come back...after some changes...or else.........set him free....

18. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    good reading that berita harian article. :)

19. eaglehelang

I read the article this morning, this reporter can get quite sarcastic. Dunno whether it's the same person but BH editorial also took pot shots at KLRC when the 4 MD muskeeters wanted to leave BAM.

Jason, as far as we fans are concerned, doesnt matter whereever Hafiz wants to go, if he can make come back..good. If not, choose another player. Under KLRC, Hafiz would be 100% private, he can go on playing as long as KLRC wants him. Result or no result(like Sairol Ayob), not taxpayers $$$, just the nation's pride.

It's his club Nusa M that's not willing to let him go. From what Jailani has said past few days, looks like Nusa stands to lose quite a lot if Hafiz leaves, due to contract with Yonex.

Also Nusa afraid of getting into bad books of BAM like in 1998 - Rashid was Msia no 1 MS but not allowed to play for a team event due to BAM & Nusa conflict. Dunno what caused the conflict... maybe the 'veteran' baddy fans would now.
    Nusa dont have many players - Roslin, Hafiz, Misbun's son, another young player.
    Like "Drama minggu ini"...aft Korea, we 'watch' Msia drama for CNY...;)

20. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i dont know why people are resentful of KLRC presence in malaysia. i believe a club can also contribute to the sport.